Book 3, P12: A War is Coming - Training Day. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hello everyone. This is the last part of book 3. Next week will begin book 4 and the stories will be longer. Enjoy!

As the Champions entered the west hangar they were immediately mesmerized by the sheer magnitude of objects in the room. The entire wall on the right side of the room was lined with different versions of the robots they had just encountered. On the left side of the room the walls were covered with weapons. The vast array of weaponry included bizarre looking guns of all sizes and a full complement of projectiles; knives, throwing stars and daggers each with uniquely designed handles, blades and sheaths.

In the center of massive room sat three vehicles. What looked like a modified Blackhawk helicopter sat flanked by an armored truck on its right and a small metallic blue convertible with chrome accents and grey leather interior on its left.

The back wall of the hanger was eclipsed by several massive screens each projecting a different set of data and images with a huge interactive map of New York in the middle. Standing in front of the screens at a glass podium was Mr. Smith.

“Welcome. I see you had a little fun with R.A.I.F on the way in. Take a seat and we will get started” he said in a matter of fact tone.

The Champions each took one of the eight chairs in the room.

“Glad to see you are all still in one piece” he continued, “You now have officially started your training. R.A.I.F stands for Robotic Artificially Intelligent Fighter, we like to call them Ray for short. These were designed solely to be used as training vessels. They are made of military grade titanium and house a state of the art AI system. Each R.A.I.F is 10 percent faster than a normal human and, as you may have already figured out, a hell of a lot stronger. Ray here is not only trained in seven different martial arts disciplines and advanced weaponry, it also will be able to study your style and anticipate your next moves during combat. In the days to come you will learn that predictability in combat equates to casualties. The R.A.I.F has one job here and that is, quite simply, to try and kick each of your asses at every training session. Our job is to make sure you have the skills to prevent that from happening. We brought you all here because we believe that you have what it takes to complete our objectives and we will provide you all of the necessary tools to do so.”

Mr. Smith carefully eyed the eight people seated in front of him.

“I can understand that some of you may be wondering what you have gotten yourselves into and my answer is this; a war is coming and you are training to survive it.”

Brajjit raised his hand.

“Yes?” Mr. Smith said, “What is it?”

“When do we get to drive that sweet convertible over there” he said grinning.

“Funny guy” Mr. Smith smirked, “Let’s start with some background info on who our enemies are.”

(To be continued…)

That’s it for now. We’re getting ready for lots and lots of action soon! Stories are published every week.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

We also publish art tutorials, game reviews and lets play videos on a weekly schedule. To watch our videos/playlists, please visit our YouTube page.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

29 thoughts on “Book 3, P12: A War is Coming – Training Day

1. Ororo says:

What will be their training regimen? I mean these guys are already experts so it gets me curious.

2. victor says:

This is going to be good. I could feel it. Well, I have something to look forward to. Keep it coming guys.

3. Rebi says:

Nice story even if it’s brief. It’s fun to read.

4. Dark Vader says:

What could be the next scene? This is getting exciting.

5. Hugo says:

Wow!!! The west hangar is impressive. It’s like a scene from a science fiction movie.

6. cyn says:

all right! if i was one of the characters, i would be more mesmerized by the weapons. my dad used to be a part of the military so that’s why.

7. cynthiane says:

this really reminds me of the robot for practice in the Tomb Raider movie. I also found some articles before about robots in Japan looking a lot like gundams but not designed to fight.

8. Yeah! That’s how you jack up to save the world. If those RAIFS can do such serious damage they should take them on the mission with them so they have an army of robots and humans raging war with all the counter-terrorism.

9. Yu Tong Lin says:

“In the days to come you will learn that predictability in combat equates to casualties.” I thought so. What I think that, if your enemies don’t know what you are doing, you have bigger chances of winning.

I just thought of something… will the champions be getting paid for this? I assume they will be. Honestly, if I were one of them I will be thinking, “What’s in it for me?”.

11. Charessa says:

Oh finally! This long drag will be over. Hoping for better storyline starting next week!

12. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

Finally, somebody posted my long time gripe with all of this. The pacing is bad. Hopefully now that the team is together it will improve.

13. Kyo Kusagi says:

That is a very interesting point. Travour for one needs money to survive. He is not a rich guy to begin with. An oracle type character will help as a fund provider.

14. These stories keep upping up the stakes of cool combat. I’d like to get to know more of what goes on in their training and who’s the most hardcore.

15. Killa says:

I must say that I really like the graphics, how it was drawn like they are facing in front with all those huge helicopters.

16. Kristin Mosh says:

What I want to know is how do you become unpredictable during a fight? IM guessing youd have to walk into the fight not know what you were going to do, go blank and just move and fight as each new obstacle happens? I can see that this has a lot of great potential. Cant wait to read more.

17. Rochelle says:

Seems pretty daunting. A war is impending and raifs are teaching them to be better fighters. Instead of teaching them.. why dont they just manufacture a whole bunch of raifs and let them fight the war?

18. Rina says:

I am impressed! Great artwork guys. Also looking forward to the training itself. Good luck to our champions!

19. Marco says:

I wanna read more action next chapter! Don’t disappoint me SJE! And Marcos too…better come up with cool artworks ok? LOL!

20. Gray Fullbuster says:

Well the story could say that they are in Area 51 or what not. I mean the training ground has not been revealed yet right?

21. Erza Scarlet says:

What about the villain side? is the professor at it again? Anyway I am waiting for the showdown to happen.

22. Justin says:

This almost reminds me of those divergent books. Like how they all had to go in and they had to learn to fight for their faction. I kind of like that about this story. Im interested to see whats coming up next.

23. Cody says:

Those droid hung on top remind me of the droids of Star Wars Ep 1. Anyway, this looks promising. Training is about to commence so there will be more action from now on.

24. Britney says:

Their ship looks like a blown-up drone. Nice story guys…good preview for the next chapter.

25. Nicola says:

Love the artwork. Brilliant as usual! But please, more action in the next chapter ok? Cheers!

26. Kazuki Kazama says:

Hopefully filler season is over. More chapters like these please and good job. I know people can be harsh at times but that is because we believe in this.

27. Wendy Marvell says:

I hope we do not see off screen training that will just kill the hype. I am never a fan of off screen things let alone battles.

28. Jamal says:

I can’t wait for the next chapter! Book 3 was a bit of a letdown because there are only very few action sequences. Now that the premise has been presented, the next book should be more fighting scenes.

29. Ganesh says:

This is like an X-Men meets Avengers story. Anyhow it’s still unique. I wish this will become a movie.