Ky's Korner #2: War Of The Consoles. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hello, Gamer Friends!

Who knew the war of consoles was such a huge deal!?

I’m an avid Xbox owner and lover so I have to say Xbox is at the top of my list for gaming consoles.

I recently read an article stating that Nintendo and Xbox make for dead conversation because they are both so far behind the PlayStation 4.

I have to disagree.

I have played them all and I cannot say for certainty that one is so much better than the other. I am wondering what your thoughts are on this:

• What gaming system do you prefer and why?
  • How much have you invested in your console?
  • Was it worth it?
  • With all the add on’s and what not that we have these days, doesn’t that make most of the big time consoles pretty even?

Searching the internet I found this is a huge discussion spanning over many gaming communities. I had no idea this was such a big deal. People feel strongly about this topic, much more so than I had realized.

As I said before, I stand behind my choice (its Xbox for me all the way) but, I am open to playing all gaming platforms.

Xbox is just what I am most familiar with, it’s cozy. I mean I’ve played most everything, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo and even Sega & Atari back in the day.

I remember when I was little everyone thought that this was the best technology ever, and back then it was.

Some of you may be like… Sega had a gaming system??

Well, yes they did! In fact, Atari then Sega is what began it all, Nintendo came shortly after, turning gaming into something more mainstream.

Now for me, it all comes down to which gaming system gives you more bang for your buck? Truth is, these gaming systems are always advancing and each one that comes out has a little bit more to offer.

Can we even keep up? I don’t know about you but, I am not in the business of buying a new console every time a new one is released.

Luckily, add-ons and such are available these days. This helps us to keep up with the newer console trends without having to drain our bank accounts. So, as I see it the question really comes down to, Xbox One or PlayStation 4??

It is true there are many consoles to choose from in 2017 but, the epic battle has and always will be between these two. The leaders and example makers of consoles.

PlayStation and Xbox. These two have been going at it for some time and when thinking of console wars they are the first two that everyone thinks of.

So, which one is really worth the buy? Is one really better than the other?

Sony has really amped up their game this year with the launch of the PS4 Pro and some would say Microsoft is falling short with the Xbox One S, though it is much smaller than the original version and is nice to look at, some would say it lacks the capabilities of the PS4 Pro, even though the Xbox One S is a more efficient console than its original version.

Which one would you say offers better gaming options?

I say all games should be made for all versions! I hate when I see a game I would love to play but, it’s only made for one system. Then you just have to sit back and wait to see if it will eventually come out on your… UGH!!

I think there are positives and negative’s to every gaming system and that’s just the way it is. We will always be trying to play catch-up when it comes to technology, period. I will always be an Xbox girl but I am open to playing anything set out in front of me. I’m a gamer, bring it on! If it’s out there I wanna try it!

What are your thoughts on this? What is your preferred gaming system and why? Should this console war still be going on? Are all systems created equal?

Leave your comments, I am interested to see what you all have to say!!

Thanks, friends… Until next time!

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

ky_signature

21 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #2: War Of The Consoles

1. Rebi says:

For me, it’s all good as long as I can play a game I want.

2. Dark Vader says:

I can’t compare, for me it’s just they put some small feature to the upgraded ones.

3. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

What is with the comparison. I believe it is just a matter of choice. Like for example I prefer PS than Xbox.

4. Kyo Kusagi says:

If we were to compare then PS is the one for me. I grew up with it compared to Xbox.

5. Carys says:

I started with NES then moved to PS. I really can’t compare them because they’re on different stages of my life, if you know what I mean. But right now, I wanna try Nintendo Switch heheh!

6. Farhan says:

Xbox has the coolest games, hands down! I tried PS but it just won’t work for me.

7. Ned says:

I have a PS4 so I don’t really know much about the Xbox. Having a PS4 is definitely worth it. I can say that it’s definitely a good investment 😀

8. von Stachel says:

I stay with the PC. All the games, with better gfx & less money to spend. And of course the possibility of mods …

9. Erik says:

For gaming? In my humble opinion, it’s not about hardware. It does not matter how advanced a console is or how high the specs one’s PC has. It all boils down to the quality of the games. If a system cannot dish out enough quality games, I doubt it would stay above water for long.

10. Ron Andrew says:

Actually, whatever gaming platform is good as long as the gamer is having fun. And besides, why would people compare different consoles when they can buy all of them! Still PC Master Race!

11. Franklin says:

Back in the nineties, it was Nintendo vs Sega until the very first Sony PS came along. There were a few other players back then. I believe they were 3DO, Atari, and the NeoGeo. The ones that remain now are the ones that were able to make more enjoyable games for their systems. PC became more mainstream after it became more affordable and was able to make more engaging games.

12. Maury Cheskes says:

Playstation’s got the Blue Ray going for it, but X-Box just has a better online platform says all my friends. I like the controllers better too. Easier to navigate.

13. Maury Cheskes says:

14. X-Box has got Microsoft backing them and more signature games. Playstation tends to be more pricey and of less value. Both great consoles.

15. Scott Summers says:

This will make me seem old but I have played the sega system. It was virtua fighter. Those were the days.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Oh I played plenty of Saga back in the day.. lol

16. Alex Summers says:

Despite windows support sorry to say PS is still number one to me. It was my first console before having Xbox.

17. Ales says:

Probably if I can afford it? I also consider that.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Haha!! For reals! lol

18. Gunther says:

Ah! The age old debate of which game system is better. I fondly recall those pre-dinner arguments my friends an I used to have back then. The console war when I started gaming was between Nintendo and Sega – both on home consoles and on portable. Guess I’m gonna take a trip to the attic to unbox them again!

19. Howie says:

Anyone here ever heard of the Nokia N-Gage? I remember that it was supposed to be that company’s attempt to get into the portable gaming genre. Forgot the companies that developed games for that though…