Game Development and Animations Video Blog

Careers For Game Lovers. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Do you love playing video games and want to choose your career in the gaming industry? Here are some choices for you to choose from:

1. Game Designer: Maybe you don’t have much experience with the computer codes, but you’ve had a fantastic idea for a video game. As a game designer, your role is to make a creative and productive team that can manage all the work and help you in making your dream game become a reality. You have to define your characters, the environment you want, and the overall goal of your game, and lead your team in a way they can create magic. Game design is becoming more complex; so you’ll need a degree to get started. But you’ll quickly be paid hefty salary.
  2. Writer: Another position that is fairly straightforward is writing for video games. They have become much more complicated throughout the years. Nowadays, video game scripts can be hundreds of pages long; and the lines aren’t cookie-cutter either. Writers need to create the dynamic characters that react uniquely in various situations while staying faithful to their character. Writers are also accountable for all the documentation that starts with the game, such as instruction manuals and in-game menus.
  3. Digital Architect: Amazed or fascinated by implicit cityscapes? Digital architects use computer modeling plans to create digital designs of the physical structures. Creatives can test the designing unique or complex facilities, limits of real-world architecture using computer algorithms and scripts. Architects can also digitally construct virtual realities or map existing structures.
  4. Game Testers: Game testers can work from home, reporting errors and other problems with the future products. They are often paid by the company straight away. This is possibly the most sought-after job for gamers; it’s really quite low-paid. Testers could be held playing a particular prototype of a game for days on end.
  5. Game Producer: As a producer, you can put your love of video games in the limelight. While you’ll surely have to deal with the dull office-related work like project management and budgeting, you’ll also be tasked with developing your game to the “powers that be” within the gaming industry, as well as the most powerful and significant people in the industry: the fans.
  6. Professional Gamer: You can definitely make some significant cash by playing video games for a living. You either have to be especially talented or remarkably entertaining to make it big. You can create let’s play videos and make more money by telling others what to do for playing their favorite game in the best possible way. Ambitious and competitive gamers can also make hundreds or thousands of dollars through winning sponsored tournaments.

So, next time anybody yells at you for playing video games, tell them about the scope of playing video games.

Tell us if you know about any other career options related to video gaming in the comments section below or tweet us @essjay_ent!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

16 thoughts on “Careers for Game Lovers

1. DeMarcus says:

I’d like to be a professional gamer someday. They’re like celebrities cuz they have endorsements and they get paid just for showing up.

2. Luis says:

Digital architect sounds cool. I’m a frustrated architect LOL. I do 3D renders sometimes and I wish I could do it for game development.

3. elaine says:

“You have to define your characters, the environment you want, and the overall goal of your game,” What I think that, sometimes, you can work out as you like, you might feel more satisfaction.

4. Maury Cheskes says:

All these jobs play an integral part in game development. They have to all work cohesively for optimum effect in designing the unique facets of a gaming universe.

5. Antony says:

What about the reviewer ? I know they are not involved in the game production itself, however they help market the game too.

6. Raphael Fabella says:

I would love to be a video game tester or professional gamer for a living. Playing video games as my job would be so much fun!

7. joseph says:

these would be careers for those who love gaming is nice. It would be a great opportunity for game lovers to become a game tester, either part-time or full-time, as they prefer. The feedback of game testers are very valuable for the improvement of a game before they are released int he market.

8. dan says:

I think i would enjoy in becoming a game tester or a writer myself. I like to make stories and i like how characters in games progress and players understand the characters because of their stories. Although being underpaid, I think the perks of being a game tester is that you get to try out a game where everyone else hasn’t.

9. Rebi says:

Wow being a pro gamer can make you earn money? That’s so cool, I wish I have been when it was still early.

10. Dark Vader says:

I want to try being a game tester! My colleague is a game tester and he said that it’s very enjoyable looking for bugs and just enjoying playing the game. Cool.

11. Jules says:

Wow! I never knew there was so many career choices for game lovers. I can’t decide which I like better: a game tester or a pro gamer. Hmmm….

What about game developers? I’m pretty sure you discussed them before.

13. Susan Storm says:

I would love to try these jobs out. How do you apply for them? Do they do online?

14. Reed Richards says:

Beta testers have the best job ever. I meam they get first dibs on new games even before release. What can be cooler than that?

15. Rina says:

I read your previous article about pro gamers. I think it’s a tough job and I’m not sure if it’s enjoyable anymore as it is a JOB already. I mean, we game because we want to enjoy and take some time off, right?

16. Cornell says:

I’d love to be a game tester! I don’t care about the low pay as long as I get to get first dibs one new games! Awesome!