Virtual Reality Gaming For Beginners! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

VR is the short form of Virtual Reality. In case you didn’t know what it means, now you know it. Don’t worry; it has been explained in details below.

Now, what is it actually?

VR is very different than a virtual world. A virtual world is some place where you can interact with other players. You can trade, sell and even buy from other players. You can even raid or mine with another player in the virtual world. Games like this are more of a business tactic and do not fall under virtual reality.

The DL of VR

Virtual Reality is a step further. It is more of an experience where you are rendering yourself in that world. It would be more like you are present in that world. When you play usually holding the controller to spin your character, it would seem as if you are moving to see the world around you in the video game.

The basic idea of virtual reality is that you, the physical you as a human, would be taking the place of your character in the video game. The special designed VR headset over your eyes lets you see the world rendered around you when you turn around. When you take a look up, you see the sky or the roof as per what the game has and when you look down, you see the ground as it is in the game.

VR Content and Its Future

Virtual Reality is still in its initial stages, and there is a lot of hope for it to grow bigger in the gaming field where many other things have experimented. One new thing in it is the immersion, where unobtainable experiences are virtually attainable.

Let us take an illustration of a game in the space. Imagine feeling isolated in the space where there is nothing and just the night sky around you. It is like the feeling of being deep in the ocean. This is something that many cannot experience in real life, but due to this, they can experience it easily. Thanks to the advancement of video games and the addition of virtual reality in it.

Even though these things don’t make you experienced in the area, but these games give you the time of your life. That is why any die-hard gamer loves these kinds of experiences. You can learn a lot from the experiences of these games as well. Like a game of the jungle could make you understand how an animal behaves and lives.

VR 4 EVR?

It doesn’t matter if you are old, you do not have to be eight years old to be excited about the virtual reality game or even learning about it. The introduction of VR can change the way games are designed. It is parallel to the traditional gaming. It would replace the on-screen controller gaming very soon. If you play it for a few hours, motion sickness is bound to occur. Another thing is that the scope of most game worlds spans greater sizes than any room you would play it in.

This puts another question, that how would you play if you physically have to move and after four feet you would bump into an obstacle. These challenges would force the developers to get creative with the technology. Right now it is just used for gaming experiments. It has just come to the surface from its long way since two decades.

Will VR suffer the same fate as VCR? Comment here or tweet us @essjay_ent to let us know what you think about it.

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

22 thoughts on “Virtual Reality Gaming For Beginners!

1. Rebi says:

So familiar with VR Box and VR but I really haven’t tried seeing it with my own eyes. I really want to try.

2. Dark Vader says:

Virtual Reality is so advance now. Looks really fun. I remember SAO because of this that you get to be your own character.

3. Taki says:

Motion sickness is one of its biggest obstacle. One company found a solution to it: by putting something on the bridge of the nose so the player’s line of sight will follow it. Or something like that. That was last year and I dunno what became of that invention.

4. DeMarcus says:

Safety issues are a big headache for VR game developers. For a total immersive VR experience, the player has to move in the physical world if he/she is moving in the virtual world of the game. And moving about in the real world without knowing where you are going is very, very dangerous.

5. Mich says:

Seems like fun and I love the idea how games are getting more interactive these days. Good to know anybody can try this but yes, I can see a real challenge in motion sickness.

6. Cassie says:

I’ve never tried this but eager to. Maybe there’s just a slight difference than the actual? One thing, the idea of moving around may pose as a challenge especially if your space is limited. Nevertheless, I’m still excited to try.

7. Gary says:

I think it’s exciting for VR to exists. I’ll try it if given.

8. Zork says:

I wanna try VR gaming but I find VR headsets ridiculously expensive. Both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive cost hundreds of dollars so it’s a big no for me.

9. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

Virtual reality box? I read in am article way back about a similar system in development. If such system is in the market, I would love to try the demo version of this.

10. Kyo Kusagi says:

If this system exist, I think a real hard core Yugioh game would really be possible. I wish I can see that happen.

11. Kitz says:

VR is the new trend! It is just exciting to feel like you are actually part of the game. It’s nice to read something about it in this article.

12. Maury Cheskes says:

Awesome. Sounds like the next step in game evolution. It’s good it has some educational value to let you know how to behave in wilderness situations.

13. Raphael Fabella says:

I’ve seen plenty of youtubers play VR games like Markiplier and Pewdiepie. These types of games are not just the next step to virtual video games, but also the next step to technology in general. I just hope that people don’t mix VR with the reality of their actual lives.

14. Antony says:

Horror games is the worst (or maybe the best for the fan ?) genre to play with VR. It really takes jump scare to the whole new level.

15. Virtual reality might be the new thing for future millenniums. Though, it’s been around for awhile, but never quite caught on. If they can figure out a way to get rid of all the dizziness, it would be a real game changer. Good read.

16. Medelyn Menguito says:

So far, the games I’ve tried on VR are exploration games only. But it’s amazing how fast game technology is advancing. I look forward to smoother, more immersive gaming experience in the next couple of years.

17. miaka Yuuki says:

Someone ask me before if VR exist what will I do with it? Well I want to be a superhero and go to places that reality does not allow me to go. Yes guys to me VR is more than just a game.

18. Mico Robin says:

I just hope that if VR is here we will not turn into SAO. Honestly guys where VR is too real that players choose to stay in that world.

19. Inday Mharitess says:

I’ve never tried VR ever so I am very curious as to how this thing works. To combine it with gaming must be something wonderful, I reckon.

20. Sachiko says:

VR makes me dizzy! I don’t know if I can handle a horror game running around in VR. I’ll get sick!

21. Jenna says:

I have BPPV and sadly I couldn’t do VR. It’s very limiting but I have to live with it. AR is tolerable but VR is a big no-no.

22. Marvin says:

VR has been around for quite some time now but it just couldn’t be as mainstream as any new technology. It was a very hot commodity in the 80s, yet three decades on, companies are still struggling to sell VR-related merchandise. But I am hopeful that we are very close to tearing down that stumbling block. Technology has been developing in leaps and bounds recently so it may just be around the corner.