Ru’s Daily Blog 17: Talk To Me Friday! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hello, Gamer Guys & Gals!

Another week gone by, and we’re here on one of my favorite days of it!

The day where we answer your questions, or I help give you advice!

I love reading your comments on saljackenterprises.net and on our Youtube videos.

I have been spending a lot of time studying new games and subjects for our videos and blogs, so although I have been reading your awesome questions and comments I haven’t been able to answer them all personally, yet…

But please keep them all coming!

Because I will be sitting down this Sunday to answer all of your comments posted on our social media pages! So stay connected to all of Saljack’s pages!

If you see me either on this website, youtube or twitter – please say Hi!!

I will be flittering around all of Saljack’s pages and hope to see you too, this Sunday!

We can even do a live chat on twitter too if you all want…

Mention that you saw it on this blog first, and I will give you a special shoutout/tweet!

So, this week’s question comes from an awesome gamer girl that I have seen a lot on our blogs, twitter and on SE’s youtube videos.

She has been so wonderful with both comments and encouragement, and I really hope I get to meet her at a gaming expo one day soon!

She wants to remain anonymous which is always an option when you write to me for advice.

So we will call her “Star”.

“Hey RuRu,

I want to be a pro gamer, but my parents only want me to pursue becoming a doctor. I used to say I was going to be a doctor when I was around 10, and my parents still haven’t let it go. It’s not that I don’t think I can do it, it’s just that I would rather do something I truly love, like gaming to support myself. I knew you could understand because you are a pro gamer. What do you think, Ru? What can I do to convince them to drop the old dream and support my new one?

Thanks and I love you and SE so much!”

~ “Star”

Star, you know who you are and thank you so much for all of your support!

Your question is a great one and I know it will help so many people!

First of all, if being a doctor is truly something you don’t want to do, then don’t do it.

I would never suggest that anyone do anything just for money, or to please someone else.

Once you start doing that, you lower your morals and standards.

Little by little you’ll drop your dreams and goals, just because you can get paid to do something you don’t necessarily like or agree with.

It’s a terrible trap and a hard one to escape once ensnared.

Think about it. How many of your friends had such high aspirations out of high school, to then get a job in retail or fast food for money and “security” to then get stuck in that same spot for years and years?

And why?…for the money!

Even though it is killing their soul a little every day.

I would never want you to go through that. Too many have.

Including myself at one point!

That being said, becoming a pro gamer isn’t at all easy. But it is not impossible.

It’s going to take perseverance, hard work and probably a few tears… but if it is truly what you want, you have to be dedicated.

Talk to your parents and tell them your plans.

Being open and honest is the key to growing and them finally coming around.

You will probably need a side job to support yourself, but choose one in a field that you truly enjoy.

Maybe a gaming or music store, in a vet office, taking care of animals, or a photographer for a real estate office.

Jobs like these will have set hours that you can go work, make your money and come back to study…aka game..and get really good gaming!

This is important!

If you pick a job that is going to drain you during the day, you will have no desire to come home and keep your dreams alive.

Pick something that will keep you motivated but not stuck.

Focus on gaming, making a name for yourself and pursue your dreams!

There is so much more I want to say on this topic but for the sake of time, I will end it here.

I will surely be speaking more on this in the future so stay tuned ‘Star’ and all future gamers out there, who want even more advice on breaking into this business!

And everyone, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all of your comments and questions.

Your feedback has been amazing and I love each and every one of you, so much!

Stay tuned tomorrow to find out more about Kallisto Ru on our “Casual ‘Saturday’ Blog!”

I have some great questions already coming in from you all, so stay tuned!

“All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” ~ Walt Disney

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~ C. S. Lewis

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Ru (Saljack Enterprises Lets Review Team). Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

41 thoughts on “Ru’s Daily Blog #17: Talk To Me Friday!

1. Shanice says:

Solid advice, Ru!! Star should do what she loves. We only get to live once so we should live life to the fullest. 🙂 🙂 🙂

YES!! Thank you for reading! 🙂

2. Sanish says:

I wouldn’t say being a pro gamer is an easier choice in this situation — it is equally hard, I tell you — but what is important is you follow your heart’s desire. Be passionate about it. Once your parents see your dedication to your craft, maybe someday they will realize that it’s your happiness that matters.

1. kallistoru says:

Beautiful comment! Thank you Sanish!

3. Doreen says:

Hey where’s RUvealed? I was looking forward to it! Anyway, Ru is correct. Would you like to get stuck doing something you don’t want? Your life will become miserable, even if you’re financially stable.

1. kallistoru says:

Thank you so much Doreen! Ru’s Daily came out on Sat last week! I love that you noticed! Check out my newest editions! ❤

4. Sakura Kinomoto says:

This may sound odd but, I do not believe in YOLO!!! The reality is we have many chances to live everyday. However, We only die once.

I HATE the term YOLO. It is obnoxious! lol

5. Doomsday says:

I agrre to that to a degree but it is not absolute. Yes, It maybe your life but it is not entirely yours. Your life belongs to those who will be touch by you and to those who may get better due to your help, Your life belongs to them as well.

1. kallistoru says:

Thanks for your opinion Doomsday..but you can’t Iive your life for others..You can be a benefit to them..but your life is yours and yours alone. Thank you for reading! 🙂

6. Kristel says:

Such a sound advice! Doing something you are passionate about is the best way of working. Money should always be considered when making a decision, but it is also very important to think of something that is dear to you. Or you will end up unhappy and unsatisfied everyday.

TRUTH! Thank you for reading! 🙂

7. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

I love the Friday posts you have. It’s so laid back and real and we get to talk to you. Keep it going and yes I agree, not everything is all money – sometimes you have to have space for what you love to do.

Smart girl.

1. kallistoru says:

Thank you Rain! Love you girl!!

Always do whatever you are passionate about! I have to say though, I believe Starr is pretty young so she should still look around, try different things and don’t close her doors to other career paths. When I was young I wanted to become an astronomer. I’m in the IT/data industry now and just because I didn’t become an astronomer doesn’t mean I settled for something less.

1. kallistoru says:

But wouldn’t you rather be in space than behind a desk? Truly Mau? Don’t you ever think..”what if?!!” My goal and the advice is to NOT live with WHAT-IFS! Thank you for reading! 🙂 ❤

9. Kyo Kusagi says:

You do not have to like something from the get go. You will never know that something could become your calling.

Thank you for reading! 🙂

10. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

You are so lucky miss Ru most people end up on jobs due to requirements and need. Only a few gets into something they love.

I am blessed for sure! Thank you for reading! 🙂

11. EDHarned says:

Solid advice you’ve got there, Ru! 🙂 I personally find it awful to hear about people who subsist on jobs that don’t feed their soul. I’ve been there and it kills your enthusiasm to pursue what you want to do for yourself little by little! Now, I’m working a dream job and pretty much happy I decided to leave the corporate world for something that I truly love doing.

EXACLTY!! You proved my point and THANK YOU! ❤ ❤

12. Anyon_H says:

Life is too short to be spent regretting never having done what you always wanted to do. I’m sure we all know someone who’s virtually stuck behind an office desk, wishing they’d be doing something they’re passionate about!

My advice to Star is to keep pursuing her dreams. She may be met with a lot of criticism at first but in the end, she won’t end up wondering “what if…”

THANK YOU Anyon! ❤

13. Raja Izan says:

Very appropriate advice – I vote for pursuing one’s dreams no matter how hard it may get. Then again, on the other hand it’s tough to go up against one’s folks whilst trying to keep the peace!

Thank you for reading! 🙂

14. Maury Cheskes says:

You are wise, Ru! Sweet advice!! It’s also key just to keep your composure when you clash with your parents and act adult. They appreciate that shtick. And like Ru said, getting a part-time job and showing your parents that you are working fiercely towards your dream shows big kahunas. Good luck with your dreams, Star:) All the best.

1. kallistoru says:

Thank you for your great comments!

15. Valerie says:

Don’t ever make the mistake of doing something just to please your parents! You will suffer the consequences for the rest of your life! Now don’t get me wrong…parents know best, but sometimes what they think is good for you may not make you happy. Becoming a doctor or a pro gamer are polar opposites so you better start talking to your parents!

THANK YOU VALERIE!! Great advice! ❤

16. Rubi says:

Sweetie, it’s an uphill battle to convince your parents about pro gaming. It’s an unconventional way to make a living. How old are you btw? Start convincing them now by joining local tournaments. Hone your craft so you will excel at gaming. Soon your parents will notice your passion…that’s the right time to talk to them about your life choice!

Beautiful comment Rubi! Thank you!! ❤

17. Enrique Barera says:

I´ll take some of your advices. There is always something good to learn from a blog.

Thank you for reading! 🙂

18. Dark Vader says:

Practical advice and of course it’s really a good one. You can’t do something without enjoying it, life is short so you have to enjoy every moment.

19. Rebi says:

i agree to it as long as of course, you like that as a passion but also gonna give you what you need like of course you still need money for your future.

1. kallistoru says:

Thank you for reading you two!
      ! 🙂

20. Saleh says:

For non-traditional occupations such as pro gaming, it’s kinda challenging. Finances can be tricky. And someday you might realize that it’s already a job that you don’t get to have fun anymore. So please, make your decision carefully.

Thank you for reading! 🙂

21. LaBelle says:

There’s no greater satisfaction in life than following your dreams. Consider yourself lucky if you have the chance to do so. Others don’t have a choice. So reach for your star!

1. kallistoru says:

Thank you for reading! 🙂 Great Advice!!