Book 3, P8 : A War is Coming – A Road Trip Interrupted. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

“Dude, who lands a jet on a gravel road?” Brajjit and Shailan were shocked at what was sitting in front of them.

Hello! Today we continue with the eighth part of book 3. Hope you enjoy!

“Drop me at the airport and then take the team back to Plum Island.” Mr. Smith instructed the pilot. “Simon make sure that they get situated. I have to go and see an old friend and pick up our remaining team members.”

Brajjit and Shailan had had a blast the last few days. After a brief visit with Brajjit’s mom the two men had spent the better part of a week hitting the clubs and seeing the sights… and the women of San Francisco.

As they looked out over the bay watching the sun go down over Alcatraz Shailan looked at Brajjit, “Well my brother, it has been fun but I am on a timeline so I think I have to get on with my freedom month adventures. I’m thinking about renting a convertible and heading east on old Route 66. It’s always been a kind of weird obsession of mine. I guess I took to many American History courses at school.” he laughed.

“Hmm, well I think it safe to say that my career as a dishwasher is over since we trashed my old place of employment care to keep the party going my friend?” replied Brajjit.

“Well I can’t very well drive, navigate and look for trouble now can I? Have you ever seen a road trip movie where it is just one dude in a car? Come on wingman, let’s go and get us a ride.” Shailan and Brajjit hopped on their bikes and headed downtown.

After storing their bikes at the condo owned by Shailan’s family the two rented a vintage red mustang convertible and headed south east to meet up with the legendary highway. After stopping for burritos in Bakersfield the two friends decided to continue on to Barstow and hold up for the night. Shailan had an ex in Barstow who hopefully could show them around before they continued east in the morning.

“You know I think I really like this car.” Brajjit opined out loud. “Do I ever get to drive or am I relegated to navigator the entire trip.”

Shailan laughed as he drove down an old forgotten section of Route 66. “I don’t know man I really like this car too; maybe we should pull over and fight for driving privileges. I think I could take you. You are super-fast though dude.”

The two men were busy laughing at each other and barely noticed the giant swirling wall of dust approaching them. As it got closer Shailan pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the dust to clear.

Slowly the outline of a Learjet 35 began to emerge in the middle of the road.

“Dude, who lands a jet on a gravel road?” Brajjit was shocked at what was sitting in front of them.

They both watched as the stairs were lowered onto the roadway and a man in a dark suit stepped out and headed towards them.

“This can’t be good”, Shailan said under his breath as he got out of the car and walked over to the man.

“It has been awhile Shailan I haven’t seen you since your last mission, what was it three years ago?” said Mr. Smith.

“I take it you are here to tell me that my retirement is over?” Shailan said as he shook Mr. Smith’s hand.

“Well, this time it’s a little different and your new pal over there is coming as well. Come on I will fill you both in on the plane. I still have to make one more stop.” Mr. Smith almost smiled, “It’s good to see you nephew.”

(To be continued…)

That’s it for now. We’re getting ready for lots and lots of action soon! Stories will be published every week.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

We also publish art tutorials, game reviews and lets play videos on a weekly schedule. To watch our videos/playlists, please visit our YouTube page.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

18 thoughts on “Book 3, P8 : A War is Coming – A Road Trip Interrupted

1. Angel says:

So Brajjit and Shailan are BFF huh? Never figured that one out in their backstories. I thought they were already “in” the team by now?

2. Marian says:

Mr. Smith is such a KJ! He interrupted the bromance! I wanna know the next story right away!

3. Rebi says:

Nice story roadtrip but interrupted though.

4. Killa says:

They’re enjoying the road trip but of course there’s always something about to happen.

5. Kyo Kusagi says:

Whoa whoa!!! so we went from a bar fight to this? I have to review the whole book 8 series if I want to catch up.

6. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

So Is it safe to assune that Smith here will be our recruiter for the hero team? Better hurry because professor x is way ahead.

7. Doomsday says:

This was a let down!!! why? because we have been hovering from one hero to another and yet still no plot. I hope the team addresses this.

8. captain Ussop says:

I hope Mr Smith recruits them to be in a team. I mean the professor is already cooking up his plans. As heroes it is time to make a move.

9. Jose Castillo says:

I wish I could rent a convertible like Shailan and take the Route 66. It is really one of my dreams, my god. I’m so envy right now!

10. Vincent Machado says:

I can’t wait for the next story, I’m really excited. Thank you for the extra links to see other stuff by the way. Really great.

11. Maxim says:

OMG! Are Brajit and Shailan getting kidnapped? What happens in Route 66 stays in Route 66.

12. Qing Xie says:

“Well I can’t very well drive, navigate and look for trouble now can I? Have you ever seen a road trip movie where it is just one dude in a car?” What I think that, road trip movies have many people in one car, not just one. Two heads are better than one to avoid accidents.

13. Mansoor says:

I didn’t know these two were an item! I didn’t find that in their stories. What I want to see is Jonni and Travour’s bromance! One is blond and blue-eyed, the other is dark and curly-haired. C’mon SJE, you know it’s bound to happen!

14. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

“Well I can’t very well drive, navigate and look for trouble now can I? … ” HAHA This. It does make sense.

15. Kitz says:

Well, seems to be a real adventure for Shailan and Brajjit. First, on a motorbike, then a convertible, then on a plane? Whoaaahhh!!! What’s next?

I hope the next installment would have more action. I feel like it’s taking a long time to round up the whole team.

17. Miaka Yuuki says:

Tell me about it . The professor has already a sort of super soldier program. The heroes on the other hand, are yet to meet. What is going on here?

18. MIco Robin says:

I like this actually. For one it now shifts focus to the hero team. The pacing could be better though.