Turning Your PC into Game Console. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Do you love playing games on PC despite having game consoles? Or maybe you can’t afford a new console and want your favorite PC shooter back. Can your PC become a game console? There’s a good chance of converting your PC to one suitable game console. Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Make Sure Your Hardware Is Updated: Firstly, make sure that your laptop, desktop, or even a self-build intended as an HTPC is up to date. Pretty much any computer will run a video game, but some older hardware may cause trouble. For example, old CPUs and ancient hard disk drives will make the PC game console experience very frustrating. Opting for new or recent hardware is the smart choice.
  2. An Operating System and User Interface: Windows, Linux, and MacOS are all appropriate platforms if you want to simply run your desktop through your TV without a dedicated interface. But you might like the idea of a game-centered and controller-friendly user interface. Several interfaces are available, but perhaps the most popular is Steam. Whether you run this in “Big Picture Mode” or instead opt for the Linux-based SteamOS is up to you.
  3. Choose the Best Controllers and a Wireless Keyboard: When your hardware setup is ready, you’ll need something to play with. USB is always a great option for controllers, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are now more than adequate and offer more accessible cable-free gaming. If you don’t have any controllers that are compatible with your PC, you can use those that you use for console gaming. And, you’ll need a wireless keyboard too. If you’re playing any hardcore shooter, you’re apparently using a game controller.
  4. Connecting With Your TV: If you have completed the above-given instructions, then you’re ready to connect your PC to your TV. You have different options here, depending on the output options available your laptop or desktop graphics card. With HDMI Cable, all you need to do is connect the HDMI from your PC to your TV, then choose the HDMI channel on your TV. Ensure that the signal is being sent to the TV from your PC. You can also take advantage of wireless streaming technology to experience your PC games through your TV. The benefit of wireless streaming is that you won’t even need dedicated games console PC build. All you are required to do is to simply stream the game at one side of the house to your TV at the other side from your PC!

So forget about the PS4, Xbox One, and the anticipated Nintendo Switch. PC gaming is where it’s at! In the year 2016, PC gaming overtook consoles, and with Linux, Windows, and Mac all seeing progressing support from distribution services and developers, this shows no sign of slowing down.

So this is the time to convert your PC into a game console. Any questions or thoughts? Tell us about it in the comments section or tweet us @essjay_ent!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

14 thoughts on “Turning Your PC into Game Console

1. Keira Castrodes says:

This is great I love this article so much. Consoles are incredibly expensive and I can’t afford it. This is a great article for gamers who are in a tight budget that wants to play console games.

2. Todd says:

I’m not a techie so I asked my friends to help me connect my PC to the TV. I couldn’t have done it without their help.

3. Mumtaaj says:

Very informative! I’ve never thought of connecting my PC to the tv to play games. Thank you for this article!

4. Nicola says:

Our telly is CRT, not a digital one. Is it still possible to connect it to my desktop computer? I would love to play games there yeah.

5. Rebi says:

Nice article. Games can now be played even if you don’t have popular game consoles nowadays.

6. Killa says:

Informative article! now I can play using my tv!

7. Igo says:

It looks like it would take a lot of time to convert your PC. These tips is for hardcore gamers out there. Thank you for the article.

8. Jesus says:

Thanks for the tips. I think it would be fun to play games on your TV.

9. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

In a way PC nowadays is already a console although it is indirectly speaking.

10. Kyo Kusagi says:

As for me a PC can be a console. In fact I believe it is better than the real one. My opinion.

11. Antony says:

One important step before all that 4 steps : Make sure you have enough budget to cover the expense if you wanted to play the newest games with highest setting on your PC. PC gaming is not like console gaming where you can sit back and relax after buying the console. Be prepared to periodically update multiple components in your PC to suit your gaming needs. That will be an extra expense aside of the buying the games.

12. Maury Cheskes says:

Sounds like a cinematic PC experience. Anything with loud speakers and quality picture is bound to excite and get your game engine rolling. Very shwaggy:)

13. Taesek says:

I agree with Antony’s comment. There is more to converting your PC into a gaming console than what this article is suggesting. Foremost of your concern would be money because of the incremental upgrades your PC will go through. In the end, you might ask yourself if it was worth all the trouble.

14. Cleopatra says:

Thank you for this article! I’ve always wondered how I can use my pc as a console and connect it to tv. But I guess I was just too afraid to try. Now I know it is possible! Thank you for this!