Ru’s Daily Blog #13: Kallisto…RUvealed! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hey Gamer Gals & Guys,

It’s Friday!

…and you know what that means….

I am here with another addition of RUvealed!

RUvealed is my “casual Friday” style blog, where you get to know a little bit more about me every Friday!

If you have a question for me or something you’d like to ask, please make sure to comment below so I can answer YOUR question next week.

Thanks to Saljack Enterprises…We get to meet here every weekday!

So make sure you are subscribed here, to stay in touch with me!

So grab your coffee, tea, or a rum and coke if you’re of age, and get to know a little bit more about your girl, Kallisto Ru!

So far, one of the most frequent questions I have been hearing from you is:

“Where did you get the name Kallisto, and what does it mean?”

Well, I was debating on whether or not to share this…because it is pretty personal and goes back a long way for me.

And it will totally show you what a nerd I am, but I am proud of that part!

All of you have been such an amazing community of gamers and readers to me, and I feel like you may appreciate this…

So here it is:

Where did I get the name Kallisto?…..

For high school, we moved back to Florida, (read more about that here) and I was still very much a kid…Much like now actually!  But I digress. 🙂

I have always been a little different than my peers and had different interests than most other kids.

I was a tomboy for a very long time, and the girls around me were already way more ‘mature’ than I was.

While they were sitting around putting on makeup for boys;

I was either reading, gaming, outside playing but no matter what –  ALWAYS in my imagination!

So, there were two shows that I used to really be into at that time.

One was:

Hercules – The Legendary Journeys

and the other was:

Xena the Warrior Princess!

And, If you are laughing at me, you CLEARLY don’t know how awesome those shows were! 🙂

I watched every episode of them both.

I loved the time period, the costumes, the sets and the awesome characters!

(We had to get there by going through a graveyard! But that is a different story, for a different day!)

We would be out until dinner time, playing in the trees and believing we were really in those shows!

So anyway – in Xena the warrior princess, there was an amazing, bad ass, insane chick named Callisto.

She was fierce, funny, gorgeous and wouldn’t take any crap from anyone – man, woman or mythical creature.

So naturally she was my hero and I wanted to be her!

And I was her, every day in that park.

And so..it has always stuck.

Callisto.

Kallisto Ru.

I only changed it to a K because I liked how it looked and that was it. 🙂

Kallisto is my alter ego that has always stuck around, from way back when.

So now you know!

And it’s up to you now to google Callisto and see how fierce she is for yourself!

Watch an episode of Xena on Youtube and tell me what you think!

But watch it AFTER you watch my videos on Saljack’s Youtube Channel! 🙂

And if you are already a fan..I THINK I LOVE YOU!!

But I really do love you all and hope you appreciated this blog!

It has a special place in my heart and it took a lot of thinking on whether I was going to share this or not!

So I hope you enjoyed!

And…I don’t know if you noticed…but today was blog #13.

And it’s Friday.

Dun..Dun..Dun…..!!!!!!!

It’s Friday the 13th here at Ru’s Daily!!!

So..stay away from Camp Crystal Lake, and anyone wearing hockey masks.

You’ll thank me later.

See you Monday, where I will be playing virtual reality while standing on my head and drinking out of a coconut!

Or.. I might just have another awesome blog, bringing you all the latest and greatest in gaming news!

See you Monday to find out! 😀

“Such A Pretty Day For A Blood Bath!” ~ Callisto

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Ru (Saljack Enterprises Lets Review Team). Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

27 thoughts on “Ru’s Daily Blog #13: Kallisto…RUvealed!

1. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

Amazing! You watch Xena warrior princess back in the day too. Don’t matter how old you are – it’s what in the inside. Youthful hearts.

2. Geoff says:

Friday, I’m in love (with Ru)! Don’t worry Ru, I won’t judge you coz I watch Xena too. Callisto was such a babe!

3. Jack Guzman says:

Kallisto is a pretty hot name, Ru! Thank you for sharing this personal bit about yourself, enjoy your virtual-reality Friday.

4. Katy Esmero says:

So appropriate – a gamer gal getting her name from Xena the warrior princess! Changing to C to K was a good choice – makes it look even sexier.

5. Donny says:

Ru is such a dork… but a pretty and sexy dork at that. I died when she said used to go through a graveyard just to go to a park.

6. Kyo Kusagi says:

Wow that is one unusual hang out spot Graveyard???Well we all have our unique qualities, I would say.

7. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

Whoa her name is from a video game? No wonder it sounds familiar. I heard of Xena but I do not follow it.

8. Dark Vader says:

I like the name now 🙂 Well the history for when you were young and got the name is interesting

9. Rebi says:

She’s blonde like you! Am i right? she really looks strong and powerful.

10. Sera says:

I’m always curious how people come up with their tags, usernames, or alts. Xena Warrior Princess is also a throwback to my childhood. *high fives you* Now I feel like re-watching it.

11. lechrisse says:

Hi Ru. I enjoy your “chattiness”….Why? Because you are a natural. By the way, Kallisto sounds hot and punchy.

12. Antony says:

Changing the C in Callisto to K certainly add more masculinity to the name imo. As for me Kallisto remind me of Kalisto who shows up as the intro scene before you load FF IX game lol

When I read that you go by as Kallisto Ru, I thought right away of Callisto. I’m not a big fan of Xena/Hercules TV series but I’m a big fan of Greek Mythology so I’m familiar with the name. 🙂

14. Mansoor says:

Thank you for sharing Ru! I’ve watched a few episodes of Xena but I can’t remember Callisto. Which means…I’ll have to watch them again online hahaha! Love Greek mythology too 🙂

15. Kath says:

You’re all dolled up with glitters, bunny ears and all…I would have never guessed that you were such a tomboy growing up! Thanks for sharing! Always looking forward to Fridays because of this!

16. Eniel says:

Wow a new model of Saljack. I think they would love her.

17. Patrick says:

That girl is hot. When were she first advertise? Saljack is expanding.

18. MIco Robin says:

I think expansion is nothing more but a formality. Months ago, I never knew what even Saijack Enterprises is.

19. Miaka Yuuki says:

No people miss Ru is the winner of the SE contest. Second place I believe!!! I agree she can be a model.

20. elaine says:

“It has a special place in my heart and it took a lot of thinking on whether I was going to share this or not” What I think that, if you use your heart to think about something, it might great to share all those to others.

21. Hank says:

Just when I thought Ru couldn’t get any more perfect.. and then she posted this. Kyaaa!!! Be still, my heart.

22. Chuck says:

Thanks for sharing Ru! I thought your name sounds like Calypso, which is a very sexy name. Why didn’t you get Xena as your alter ego? She was, after all, the warrior princess!

23. Marissa says:

What? You…a tomboy in school? Unbelievable! I mean, look at you now LOL! I love that make-believe play time in the park 🙂

24. victor says:

Her being one of the boys? I Can totally see that? I Mean she is a gamer and that is rare for girls.

25. light Yagami says:

She may not be Xena but her name is based on that universe I believe. Thank you miss Ru.

26. Rebekah says:

Kallisto is a very, very unique name! But now the question is…what does “Ru” stand for? Is that a shortcut of your first name?

27. Ling-Ling says:

“When the show was over, I used to go to this beautiful park near my house with my 2 male friends in order to role play the shows!” What I think that, if you used to be playing with boys, do you have a boyfriend now?