Whether you are a veteran with plenty of years already under your belt or you’re new to game development, you always need some inspiration. What’s better than the golden quotes from the experienced game designers. Here are the three most influential quotes that every aspiring game designer should check out at least once in their career. They will definitely bring inspiration or wisdom that you’ve been searching for while struggling with your latest design.
- Be A Designer That Stands Up For Creativity: Gaming is an entertainment industry, so game designers need to have a creative mind and should also be able to stand up with their ideas in front of the marketing people. There are not many people who fit this description perfectly. If there’s one designer that can offer a treasure of game design wisdom, it is the creator of the most iconic and successful game series in the industry. Video games would not have been the same if the creators of many successful games had not been hired and they had not so easily given up on their ideas. The game designers need to have more control over their own projects and have to see a wave of creativity in the market.
- Be A Designer That Finds Innovative Solutions: 90% of the work that is considered “impossible” is, in fact, POSSIBLE. And the other 10% will become possible with the help of time & technology. It is crucial for game developers to think outside the box when defied with a problem. Have you ever played a game that feels derivative and promises to be amazing, but in the end doesn’t live up to your expectations. It is probably the result of someone choosing the easy way when facing a tough design decision. A good game designer needs to learn how to look at a problem from different aspects so they can navigate around to find a new and uncommon
- Be A Designer That Makes Players Think: A game designer needs the proper knowledge when it comes to making popular and simulating games. As a designer, your final goal is to create an experience that entertains the player. By continually giving the meaningful choices to players, you keep them involved and feeling like they’re altering the virtual world they’re currently venturing in. If you end up making a boring game, perhaps there isn’t a constant set of interesting choices being offered to keep them hooked.
Are there any other quotes that motivate you? Let us know in the comments section or tweet us @essjay_ent!
DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH/REPOST/REBLOG/QUOTE ANY ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY US.