Ru's Daily Blog 8. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Ru’s Daily Blog 9: Xbox One Vs. PS – Which One should you get in 2017?

G’Day Gamer Guys and Gals!

You’ve stepped into a battle today!!

We are in the middle of a knock down drag out fight between 2 of the biggest heavyweights in the gaming division!

In the blue corner – We have the pretty boy with a punch – straight from Tokyo – The PS4!

{AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!}

And in the green corner – the best in the west – the mean green fighting machine from Washington – The XBOX ONE!!!

{AND THE CROWD DOES WILD AGAIN!!!}

Now first of all, if you are able to be in the market for a new console…you’ve already won!

What a treat of a problem to have!

And we want to make it just a little easier to help you decide..so let’s quickly do a side by side of the inner specs of each console.

_____________________________________________________________

XBOX ONE:

Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) from AMD –

{Central Processing Unit (CPU) and Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) together.}

Cores: 768

853Mhz

CPU:  ‘Jaguar’ eight-core chip : 1.75Ghz.

Memory: 8GB – DDR3

1.23 TFLOPs

Hard Drive is non-removable (although external hard drive options are planned).

PS4:

Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) from AMD –

{Central Processing Unit (CPU) and Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) together.}

Cores: 152

800MHz

CPU:  ‘Jaguar’ eight-core chip : 1.6Ghz.

Memory: 8GB –  GDDR5

1.84 TFLOPs

Hard Drive can be removed and indeed upgraded by users

_______________________________________________________________

These are just some of the inner specs that you need to know if you are into development and gameplay specs.

Some other factors you have to consider are what’s more important to you?

The VR capability of the PS4, compared to the Blueray Capability of the XBOX One?

And we can also talk about controller specs and outer beauty.. but that really just comes down to a matter of preference for each individual player.

And don’t forget that the XBOX Scorpio is set to release during this year’s holiday season…

and we haven’t even thrown the Nintendo Switch in the mix (which is set to release in spring of this year!)

So all in all, …enjoy the shopping process!

There are so many worse problems to have in this day and age then which console to get!

Choose based on the types of games you like to play!

What console develops the games that appeal to you the most?

Then, go off of the gameplay graphics!

As silly as it may seem, visiting stores with game demos already set up, is a good idea to get a feel for the controller and the look of the graphics and gameplay – without commitment.

Whatever you choose, you are going to have a blast with your new console!

Are you planning on getting a new console this year?

If so, which one?

Do you already have your favorites?

I would love to know what they are!

Please don’t forget to leave your comments below!

Looking forward to seeing you here tomorrow when we talk more about all things gaming!

See you tomorrow!

“You Can’t Buy Happiness…But You Can Buy Video Games…and That’s Pretty Much The Same Thing!” ~ Ru 😉

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Ru (Saljack Enterprises Lets Review Team). Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

19 thoughts on “RU’s Daily Blog #9: XBOX ONE VS PS – Which one should you get in 2017?

1. thart9000 says:

OMG you look just like Ronda Rousey!!! Whoever did that photo with those lightning effects did an AMAZING job! Going to refer to you as RR going forward LOL =}

2. Cornell says:

PS4 for the win! LOL! I’ve always had a PS so this a no-brainer. But…I must admit I do have experience playing on Xbox (at friends’ houses). But I still love my PS!

3. Felicia says:

Thank you Ru for simplifying things! I wanna get on the VR thing so it’s PS for me. I think VR is the future of gaming.

Awesome graphics! Growing up we always had PS products so I assume I’ll be more tempted to buy a PS4. It would be nice to own another console though.

5. Killa says:

I love PS4 before but when I heard about XBOX one i feel like I want this one even more. But of course since they have almost the same features it’s complicated. But I love the VR more.

6. Rebi says:

I think I want PS4 since I badly wanted to get one. And also with the VR capability. It’s popular nowadays.

7. Ethan says:

PS4 for me. I’m a PlayStation kinda person so I would choose PS4 hands down. Seriously can’t wait for Mass Effect: Andromeda!!!

8. Kyo Kusagi says:

Each system has its own pros and cons as shown here. For me, It all goes down to preference so PS4 because of familiarity.

9. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

VR compatability? not to sound like a newbie here but this is the first time I heard that term at least.

10. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

I love Gears of War so it’s hands down it’s xbox1 for me. I’ve already got a PS. I want an xbox!!

11. antony says:

aww no love for upgrading the PC too ;\ ? haha. But anyway whichever console we got hopefully 2017 will be another good gaming year.

12. earlitocash says:

If you want amazing graphics get a PC. Consoles are about the games, not the power, same as cars, you want power get a tank. The games they can run thats what really counts, I had a super nes and used to play FFIV on it, I didn’t care about the graphics but the story is still present and close to my hearth. But thanks for the insight!

13. Leila says:

I started with NES then moved on to PS. I think Xbox games are cool too. But I am not ready to make a big leap so I’ll stay put with PS.

14. Mansoor says:

My boyfriend is bugging me for an Xbox! Comparing the two, specs-wise I can’t tell which one is better than the other. I think my boyfriend likes more Xbox titles that’s why he wants it.

15. lechrisse says:

Thanks for making selection easy. Enjoy reading your posts everytime.

16. Xiomara says:

Muchos gracias Ru for this article. You help make decision-making so much simpler!

17. Bettie says:

Loyal Xbox fan so this is a no-brainer for me. What new titles are we expecting this year Ru?

18. Miaka Yuuki says:

Well I may not know much about consoles but, my pick is PS because I grew up with it. I use to play SF with it too.

19. MIco Robin says:

While I may have grown up with PS. I am willing to give xbox a try. I guess I just want to try various systems and be versatile.