Ru’s Daily Blog 8: RUvealed! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hi Friends!

It’s the weekend! But just to let you know, every Friday I am going to be releasing a more “Casual Friday” type of blog where you get to know more about Kallisto Ru!

Ruvealed will be a little inside peek into the life of Ru – every Friday!

If these are not your type of blogs, put your feet up and read some of my other blogs  here on Saljack Enterprises.

We still cover all things gaming here at Ru’s Daily on saljackenterprises.net!

So… did you know that I am a Nomad?!!

What is a Nomad?

Well, other words that mean the same thing are:

wanderer, wayfarer, roamer, gypsy, drifter, & traveler.

I grew up in the U.S., in Illinois.  My father was in the military, so we moved around a lot.

We traveled all over the United States and lived on different military bases.

After a few years, my dad wanted me to have a more ‘stable’ life, so I went to live with my grandparents.

But they liked to move too!

{Recalling the memories and knowing I have their sense of adventure in my blood makes me feel so close to them.

And it’s awesome to me that traveling around, brought us closer and closer!}

So it was a lot of fun and adventure when I was growing up.

Moving and going to a new school never made me sad. I was always excited to try something new.

We eventually settled in Florida and spent a few years traveling back and forth to Illinois, until I became an adult.

Fast forward a few years to when I was sent to work filming a commercial in Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong!

That REALLY got me the bug to travel internationally!

So I started to plan…

I got home and started to sell and giveaway everything I had. I started to research where to live internationally and where I could go..

And settled on Costa Rica!

I moved here not long ago against the advice of my entire family!

But sometimes you have to go for what you want.

Follow your dreams, even when everyone else thinks you are crazy!

And I am crazy happy, in paradise…

Now, where to next.…….? 😉

So, what do YOU want to ask me next? No question is off limits.

(I can’t promise you that I’ll answer..but I encourage you to ask!) 🙂 🙂

You might see your question in next Friday’s blog!

See you next week! 🙂

“There are no strangers here, only friends you haven’t met!”  ~ William Butler Yeats

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Ru (Saljack Enterprises Lets Review Team). Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

32 thoughts on “Ru’s Daily Blog #8: RUvealed!

1. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

I’d like to know what’s your most memorable travel experience and where is your most favorite place to settle? Do let me know Ru! 🙂

1. kallistoru says:

Hi Rain! Thanks so much for your comment! I will be talking more about this this Friday on Ruvealed! Stay tuned! 🙂 🙂

2. Callie says:

Wow, Ru is so inspiring. She’s so sweet and positive. She has been to so many places and has lived a life that people like me can only dream about. she’s so awesome!!!

3. Kay Smith says:

Can you recommend a list of places to visit in Costa Rica? Please also include tips for visitors like me. Thanks

4. Kay Smith says:

I love to travel myself! Do you have tips on plces to visit and things to do in Costa Rica?

1. kallistoru says:

Hi Kay! Yes I live in the Guanacaste region. The cool thing about CR is that every region is different & has something new to offer. Whether you like beaches, mountains, or the county..there is an abundance of fun here!

1. lechrisse says:

You lucky girl and you are my idea of the fab 21st century female. Strong, independent and empowered. Cheers

5. Anne Rodriguez says:

Admire your being adventurous! Where else have you been to? Do you mind sharing some nore of those adventures?

1. kallistoru says:

Hi Anne! Thanks so much for your comment. I would love to share more of my adventures! Stay tuned this Friday for another RUvealed! And thank you again!!

6. Rebi says:

What do you do for a living? Aside from these fun blogs you’re currently working on with of course 🙂

1. kallistoru says:

Hi Rebi! I am also a pro variety gamer. You can watch my videos on Saljack’s Youtube channel and this week on Twitch! 🙂

7. Peter May says:

Wow, that is really amazing that you decided to follow through with your dream of wanting to travel. I wanna know what’s it like living in Costa Rica compared to the United States

1. kallistoru says:

Hi Peter, Thank you so much! I truly love it here. It is very “pura vida” pure life! 🙂 I would recommend visiting if you have never been here before 🙂

8. Simon Smith says:

I’ve heard Costa Rica is a wonderful place with great weather and food. I am curious as to how different the culture is over there when compared to those that you’re accustomed to.

1. kallistoru says:

You heard right, Simon! It is amazing here! One of the reasons I chose CR as a “starter” country is because of the easy transition. A big plus is if you speak spanish! 🙂

9. Celine says:

So that explains the tropical vibe in your background eh? So. Much. Envy. Wow, just wow. I could never imagine moving to a new country without knowing anyone or how to live and work there. Truly inspiring Ru!

10. Kath says:

Lovin’ this new weekend edition! And I love the name — RUvealed! Very catchy! Anyway, Ru, you are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing! I guess SJE really made the right decision to choose you as a winner. You are a ray of sunshine in this blog!

11. sarry says:

i love to travel but i do not have the funds yet. What advice can you give me so that i can have enough money to travel and for how long should i prepare the funds?

12. aromie says:

I read your blogs and i like your content. they are very simple and easy to read yet entertaining. I do love to travel and i have a monthly travel savings for about 10 dollars a month and i want to increase it hopefully after i get my promotion so that i can travel more frequently.

I didn’t realize that you’re currently based in Costa Rica. So my question is: what languages do you speak? If you speak a language aside from English, did you pick them up while traveling?

14. Killa says:

How old are you? You’re really cool and you look are really optimistic person

15. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

SUch an adventurer you go girl!!! I am exited to hear about your exploits.

16. Kyo Kusagi says:

You are one badass chick!!! Not only were you able to get a job but have fun in the process.

17. elaine says:

“Basically I love to travel to new places and don’t like to stay in the same place for long!” What I think that, when people travel a lot, they might get more experience for his / her entire life.

18. Luminosa Mariposa says:

I’m a wanderer, too. I think that growing up that way makes it hard for someone to put down roots. We’re always curious about what’s around the next corner. Traveling is a great time to watch people. I’ve notice that lots of people look very sad when they are traveling. Have you noticed that too? Why do you think that is?

19. Britney says:

I think Costa Rica is one of the most underrated countries in Latin America. It is very beautiful! But I guess I would prefer it to be under the radar so it can still preserve its natural beauty. You are one lucky girl Ru!

20. Chantal says:

My takeaway for this post is: Look before you leap! You guys might think that Ru’s a free spirited gypsy who goes where the wind takes her. Well in a way that’s true but…she sat down and did her research! It is truly exciting to go to an unfamiliar place and just go day-by-day. But it can also be dangerous. Planning is very important. And please do tell your loved ones. Whether they agree or not, at least they know where you’re going.

21. MIco Robin says:

Costa Rica? If I am correct that is near Puerto Rico? I should have paid attention to my geography class lol.

22. Miaka Yuuki says:

Wow the perkss of your job are amazing. It makes me wish that I will join the next competition,. Best wishes Ru!!!

23. Tabitha says:

The perks of not working in an office! You get to be wherever you want to be and still earn $$$! Ru, what are other online jobs you can suggest aside from gaming-related tasks?

24. Nicola says:

Harry Shum Jr. is from Costa Rica! He’s a dancer/actor who was on Glee and a host of dance movies. Would love to go down south especially in this extremely cold and still snowy season! Aaargh!

25. lechrisse says:

Wow! You never seem to run out of steam. Way to go girl. Keep it up and let us enjoy reading your posts.