Ru’s Daily Blog 7: Should Girls Game for Guys? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

G’Day Gamer Gals & Guys!

A lot of my readers have been sending messages with a lot of great comments and questions for me.

First of all, thank you all for reading my daily blog, and if you ever have any questions or need any help – please write me here at Saljack Enterprises and I would love to do what I can to help or give you any advice!

So the question I received is:

“ Dear Ru,

I know that you are a gamer girl and love games. But what would you do if your boyfriend gamed for hours and hours and wouldn’t communicate or spend time with you?”

,Sincerely, ‘Ignored in Illinois’

My opinion on this may or may not surprise you …

You may think that being a gamer girl I would recommend that she gets on the couch and learns so she can eventually join him in a game. And I do, in a way…but it’s so much more than that.

If you have a genuine interest in games and you just don’t feel like you are a good enough player to join him yet; then I would recommend watching how he plays and asking genuine gameplay questions to express your interest. I don’t mean bothering him with stupid questions like: “Who’s that guy and what’s his backstory?” I mean ask questions like: ”Wow, that running slide was awesome..how did you do that?” And I guarantee he will both swell with pride and share his love with you because of your genuine interest.

But here is what I would really recommend to any girl that wants more attention from their gamer guy.

Don’t change who you are…enhance it.

What the hell do I mean?

Well, what are YOU passionate about?

If it is not really gaming, don’t focus on gaming. There is no point in dedicating your time to something that is not benefiting you in any way. I don’t mean stop supporting your gamer guy. I mean start focusing on yourself.

Instead of wasting time sitting next to your guy if you have no intention of playing, focus your time on your own passions.

Are you crafty? – a cosplayer? – a  musician? – do like to exercise?

Start taking the time that you would usually spend waiting for your guy to notice you…and invest that time into going after your goals and dreams.

One of the sexiest things to a man is a woman who is confident and has her own thing going on.

Once you spend time focusing and bettering yourself – he is going to be the one going out of his way to spend time with you.

Because YOU are awesome! You have so much to offer and the world to conquer!

Let him get on your level, instead of “leveling up” to get on his!

Thank you again for reading my daily blog here on Saljack Enterprises. If you have a question that you would like answered or you need advice, please write me in the comments. I will try at least once a week to answer any reader’s questions in a blog post!

And stick around for tomorrow’s blog! It’s Casual Friday around here and every Friday I am going to be bringing you a more personal style blog about your friend Ru! And of course, stick around the rest of the week for all things gaming!

See you here tomorrow friends!

“We Spend Our Whole Lives Holding back. Imagine How Quickly You Could Succeed If You Just Take What You Want.” ~ Dennis Rogers (Far Cry 3)

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Ru (Saljack Enterprises Lets Review Team). Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

27 thoughts on “Ru’s Daily Blog #7: Should Girls Game for Guys?

1. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

Let him get on your level, instead of “leveling up” to get on his! — This advice struck me. You’ve got so much girl game power going on.

You must be passionate with yourself for your man to realize an amazing person that you are which he can’t let go.

2. Rebi says:

Yeah nice advice Ru. If you’re amazing enough he will not let go of you. And also, be yourself and enhance it.

3. Phoebe says:

LOL me IRL… I can so relate to this. My bf ignores me when he’s busy playing with games. It’s getting really annoying, TBH.

4. Doomsday says:

This happens a lot where one is so into the game that they forget everything guys in particular. However, as the saying goes if you cannot beat him join him. I mean try out be a gamer too that way you communicate better.

1. kallistoru says:

Yes, if that’s what they are interested in for sure, Doomsday. But if not, they need to spend that time on being the best they can be, no matter what it is! Thank you for your comment! 🙂

5. light Yagami says:

Girls should game but first and foremost it should be because they want to not because to get closer to guys. However, I understand if some girl or guy does it. I do not agree with it though.

1. kallistoru says:

That’s right light!! i agree with you! 🙂

6. Maury Cheskes says:

That is definitely some uplifting advice. Focusing on your passions and relying on your own self-esteem I’m sure is very healthy for a relationship. Thanks for the article.

1. kallistoru says:

THANK YOU for reading & for your comment Maury! 🙂

7. Martha says:

On point! We crave for attention from our boyfriend…how about paying attention to ourselves? Time is better spent if you improve yourself. You’ll definitely get bored if you keep on waiting for your boyfriend to finish!

1. kallistoru says:

YES Martha!! Amen and thank you for commenting!! ❤ xoxo 🙂

8. Sasha says:

Honestly, I don’t wait for no guy to finish his game. If he can’t spend time with me then it’s bye bye! Simple as that! Look for somebody who appreciates you more.

1. kallistoru says:

You tell ’em Sasha, girl! 🙂 xxooo!

Unfortunately, some relationships have ended because one is too busy gaming. I agree with you Ru. Just focus on your own interests (it could be gaming, it could be something else) while still supporting your partner.

1. kallistoru says:

Yes Mau, I agree 100% Thank you so much for your comment! 🙂

10. Killa says:

Not only in games but to a lot of situations that relationships become complicated because of other priorities. You really have to love yourself also and dont forget that.

1. kallistoru says:

Amen to that, Killa! 🙂

11. Tameka says:

I agree…it is not right for a girl to get on gaming just to please his man. But what if the girl becomes as good as Ru? And beats his man on any game? There’s bound to be some insecurities there LOL! Ok Ru, this is for next weekend’s Ruvealed…I have a question: Have you had a gamer boyfriend who got insecure with your gaming skills?

12. Staci says:

My answer: Hell to the NO! If I’m not into gaming then why should I force myself to do what my boyfriend is into? To please him? In the first place, if he is really my boyfriend, he loved me for being me, not because he thought I could be a gamer like him!

13. jason says:

you have very nice ideas about things like these. I hope to read more of your blogs. they are very entertaining.

14. ravi says:

i’ve never had a girlfriend so these are things that are good to know. i know that experience is the best teacher as they say, but i think it does not hurt to learn from the experience of others.

15. Antony says:

Good advice, for those in relationship it really is important imho to let your significant others do his/her own things. Even if both of you are gamers for example does not mean that you must play together all the time. My ex for example used to love playing RTS and Puzzle games while I am more to Action, ARPG and cRPG. We both enjoy our games without the need to force each others into liking our hobby. You got yours I got mine. You wanna tag along sometimes that’s cool and I appreciate that. Same things when I sometimes tag along and play with her. Respect each other hobby.

16. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

one major difference between guys and girls is, guys tend to grow up with their toys. I know because I am one. I mean yes I am not into action figures anymore but my toys has grown with me. Drones, Tech, even cars. With that regard it is easy to say that a girl should just leave but is it much better to just compromise? I do not know much about girl toys jewelry perhaps but, as I guy I appreciate that and she should appreciate my game too.

17. Rocio says:

Very sound advice Ru! You’re not only a gamer who kicks ass but also a true girlfriend we can depend on! You rock!

18. Emperatriz says:

I think it is ok to appreciate games if your boyfriend is into it. But becoming a gamer just so you can spend time with your boyfriend? I think it’s not the best reason to be one! If you’re complaining about not having time together, then playing together doesn’t solve the issue. It’s about quality time, and not just being seated beside each other on the couch. You guys need to talk and sort things out.

19. Kyo Kusagi says:

To be honest If I were a girl as long as he keeps it in check, its fine with me. I mean boys will be boys and besides I would rather see him gaming than womanizing oor what… It all takes communication and management. Just talk these out.