Ru's Daily Blog 4. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Hi again, Gamers!

By now you have undoubtedly heard of the release of the newest addition to the Resident Evil Franchise Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard was released on January 24, 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC, and the whole game is playable on PlayStation VR too.

The question is…

Do you want to play this game in Virtual Reality as badly as I do??!!

I must have watched about 50 trailers and reviews about this game and each one makes me more and more giddy to play.

Becoming immersed in the world of Resident Evil has always been a given for lovers of this title.

But immersion comes in a whole new form in RE7: Biohazard, on the PlayStation VR!

And it’s nothing short of terrifying.

RE7 is a progression from RE6 and it set in the modern day. Instead of the setting being in Raccoon city, this time we’re at a rural plantation in Louisiana.

We play as Ethan Winters, who is summoned to the plantation by a letter from his wife Mia who has been missing for 3 years.

As soon as he arrives at the plantation his descent into madness begins.

And if you are playing on the PS VR, prepare to not descend… but free-fall into the horror right along with him!

While you are wearing the VR headset, you are Ethan White. Everything is seemingly happening to you!

Now throw in – that every single aspect of this horror title was created to fill you full of dread, terror, and anxious anticipation.

Though the monsters and your surroundings are all simulated… your fear is very real.

Check Out These Hilarious RE7 : Biohazard Reactions

(FUN FACT:  Did you know that in Japan, the Resident Evil series is known instead as BioHazard? The word “Biohazard” in the new title is an homage to the series name in Japan!)

Now, I know that I get way into video games, and if you have seen any of my gaming videos you know this to be true.

It’s so very easy for me to become immersed in a story and to “live” in the world I am gaming in.

And this would be like living in a horror movie.

I know that I am likely to give myself a massive heart attack while playing this game.

Knowing all of these facts… I still want to play so badly!

Are you a fan of survival horror games?

Would you be willing to give the game a try on the PS VR, or will you stick to playing it on a traditional platform?

If you have already played this game, please make sure to share your experiences with us in the comments!

“Searchers After Horror Haunt Strange, Far Places” ~ H.P Lovecraft

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Ru (Saljack Enterprises Lets Review Team). Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

40 thoughts on “Ru’s Daily Blog #4: Let’s Talk About Resident Evil 7 – Biohazard!

1. Wow nice photo. Love the concept! 🙂

1. kallistoru says:

Isn’t is awesome? The best one yet! Thank you polinaactivistuk!!!

2. really want to play this game. thank you ru

Thank YOU jmackintoshblog!!!

3. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

This is such a timely post of Resident Evil as the Resident Evil movie just came out and I saw it. Didn’t really like it though but I believe games are a lot better than movie makes.

Nice Lovecraft quote by the way!

1. kallistoru says:

So true and THANK YOU Rain!!

4. Enrique says:

I´d like to watch REsdient Evil in virtual reality. It must be a incredible experience

Thank you Enrique! I agree 🙂

5. Ingrid says:

I think I’m gonna be screaming all the time too if I will play RE7 on VR! Geez I can’t wait to try it out!

1. kallistoru says:

Met too Ingrid! Thank you for your comment!

6. Britney says:

That picture looks like your’re being chased by zombies, but being the fab girl you are, you stopped and said, “But first, let me take a selfie!” LOL! I like horror and survival games too but I don’t think I’d survive RE on VR. I think AR is cooler because it’s kinda realistic, don’t you think?

1. kallistoru says:

BUT FIRST…haha Thanks Britney so much!! ❤ ❤ I am holding out for VR myself, but I might regret it if I end up at the cardiologist's office! 🙂 🙂

7. Rebi says:

Haven’t tried playing this yet but I really love Resident Evil! I was playing it when I was little and it’s really cool!

Yes it is! Thanks Rebi!

8. light Yagami says:

I have not played resident evil but I am aware of the cinematic verse. I do not know if they follow it though.

Thank you Light!

9. Jiffy Rando says:

The game looks good!!! I will check it out after the final movie!!!

let me know what you think Jiffy! 🙂

10. rhoda says:

the game is very interesting. i wonder whether the movie franchise follows it closely? i’m not a gamer but i am a big fan of the movie

1. kallistoru says:

Thank you Rhoda for your comment!

11. amara says:

the movie isn’t shown yet yet in our country. i am hoping that the movie rendition of this recent game is as enjoyable as the game itself.

1. kallistoru says:

It is never as good as the game, imo! lol but I watch them all anyway! Hope you get to see it soon Amara! 🙂

12. Gray says:

I’m a fan of the Resident Evil franchise so I’m really looking forward to RE7. I have seen the trailer on Youtube and it looks lit.

Yes it does!!! I am so glad you commented Gray! 🙂

13. Cade says:

If I get to choose the best RE to play with VR, RE 7 definitely is more suitable & immersive game to play with VR, compared to its predecessor as in my opinion its going back to its root as survival horror not action horror game (like RE 5 and 6). Also if they made Silent Hill with VR experience it would be one of the scariest mental/horror survival game imho.

ohmigoodness I would play that in a heartbeat, Antony!! 🙂

14. Misziele says:

Nice fun fact about the homage to the series in Japan. I remember Moonlight Sonata was used in the soundtrack in one of the first parts. Was it Beethoven who composed the song or another famous composer? I’m not sure.

Hi Misziele! Thank you for your comment! And yes it was Beethoven! 🙂

15. Xavier says:

I don’t do VR because it makes me sick! Too bad. I bet RE7 on VR would be uber cool!

1. kallistoru says:

I know what you mean Xavier! A lot of people experience this side affect. 😦 But you can still play it on a traditional platform! 🙂 🙂 Thank you for commenting! 🙂

16. Martine says:

Looking fabulous as always Ru! Even if you’re being chased by zombies! LOL! I love horror games and would definitely want to try one on VR!

1. kallistoru says:

Thank you so much Martine! I hope you get to try one!! Don’t do it alone! haha!

17. stella says:

i play it on a traditional platform minus the volume. it’s not as scary as compared to when you turn on the volume. just like what i did with the game “Silent Hill”.

1. kallistoru says:

That’s a good idea Stella! Thank you!

18. kell says:

i don’t really like anything that has something to do with the horror genre. but! i love the resident evil series! i just don’t play it at night… fine call me the scaredy cat!

1. kallistoru says:

Haha Kell! You are not a scaredy cat! At least you play! That’s more than some people that are afraid! THanks so much for commenting and keep the lights on! 🙂

19. Thanks for the blog! Resident Evil is my favourite game franchise. Resi 7 has an eerie ness which has been lost over the years and has now returned. It is not all just jump scares it is also a very enjoyable game!

So true!!

20. I completely agree that playing RE7 you can feel the actual fear… Even more, when I played RE7 for the first time, I couldn’t even play more than 30 minutes, because I got really scared and it was a dark and gloomy night too. 😀 So, I waited until the morning will come in order to try to play it again. Now, I have finished the whole game and it doesn’t look so scary anymore. Maybe, because I know how and when everything happens. Anyway, I strongly believe that resident evil 7 video game is one of the most popular ones this year. Don’t’ you think so?

21. I liked this game, but the main plot hole (Mia escorting the little girl Evelyn on the boat and then Evelyn being an old lady in the house only a few years later) ruined the story for me.