Game Development and Animations Video Blog

Hello again! Today’s tutorial is about facial expressions with Project-X Villain Lady Tarragon presented by our lead artist Marcos. If you have any questions please leave comments here, contact us here or you may tweet us @essjay_ent. More art tutorials to follow. We hope you enjoy this video!

Please pause the video to read the information in the text boxes if they fade away too fast.

We have English CC available in all our videos.

All art images in the video are Copyrighted to Saljack Enterprises, LLC with All Rights Reserved.

Music by: Huma-Huma

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

8 thoughts on “Art Tutorial 10: Facial Expression Basics with Project-X Villain Lady Tarragon

1. Sara says:

Why wearing a dress? just because she’s a lady doesn’t mean she needs to wear dress every time she fights.
    But well, about the facial expression, it’s detailed. love it. and the gun too. always love the girl with the gun

1. bobo says:

Uhhh the dress is part of her character? It’s important to portray the character as they are to play their part.

Facial expressions are something I struggle with. I know you should experiment with the position of the mouth, eyes, eyebrows, etc but my sketches look somehow flat and identical; e.g. my worried face sketch looks similar to my tired face sketch. I assume there are subtle differences but I haven’t quite figured it out.

3. Minorka says:

Lady Tarragon is my favorite villain! Although I think her name sounds like she is a food expert. Anyways, I’m happy you finally featured her in your tutorial. I will now be able to draw her properly!

4. Lupita says:

This is hard! I mean it’s easy to do a smiling or sad face. But to do it with shading to have more depth and dimension is really bloody!

5. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

I’ve seen the video tutorial and it’s my favorite so far because of the character. If you haven’t seen it guys. I highly recommend this tutorial. 🙂

6. Rebi says:

Coloring the dress of lady tarragon probably really needs an epic detailing. Whoo.