Why Gamers Should Start a Blog? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Do you love to play video games? Or Do you love talking about your gaming experience with friends or even in game chat,? Then, you are already prepared and are perfectly ready to start a gaming blog! There is a long list of reasons why gamers should start a blog. Take your characters ahead of the game and give them a voice through your blog. Don’t know what is good about game blogging?

Besides the fact that you get a platform to share your passion and opinion of the games, there are many other benefits of blogging about the video games you play. The more game bloggers, the more the advantage the community as a whole get. By supporting to build this community, you assure that there will be a special place for gamers to go and read up on just about anything about the games from reviews to shortcuts and special rewards in the future. Get a whole list of reasons to get started on your new and fabulous gaming blog.

• Getting the chance to network with other gamers and strengthen your relationships is one of the best perks of blogging.
  • Writing about your game can make your online playing experience, even more, fun because of the relationships you have developed and the information you can have received from the games you love from the community you became a part of.
  • When you write about your most favorite games from a player’s perspective, it can help developers create more challenging, exciting, and fun games. Sharing your knowledge and experience with developers will enable them to read the opinions of game bloggers and also read the comments on the various blogs from other gamers in the gaming community.
  • Bloggers can gain the confidence of others to choose the game that is appropriate for them. The multi-player game, death matches, MMORPG, etc. are some of the gaming styles that you can describe on your blog. Your writing can help narrow down the choices for the various readers and assist them to decide what type of game they want to play. Maybe they might try new games based on your information and descriptions. When you describe the game itself and develop a first-hand account of what it feels to experience playing that game, it can surely give your readers a fabulous idea of what each game is like.

Are you a game blogger? Share your experiences with us in the comments section or tweet us @essjay_ent!

Cami_Signature

25 thoughts on “Why Gamers Should Start a Blog?

1. I have a video game blog! (shameless plug) It’s great meeting other people who have the same passions, and because of the type of writing I do for games, I’m also learning a lot more about the industry, which informs me as a consumer, as well. I’ve been having a lot of fun with it, so if it’s something you’ve wanted to do, I say go for it!

Liked by 2 people

1. Athena, you’re welcome to post your blog address here. Anyone else out there who would like to show off their gaming blog, this is the post to do it in!

1. Well, thank you! I’m actually right here on WordPress, so the address is http://www.ambigaming.wordpress.com . Or you can follow me at https://creators.co/@AthenaVeta , where I write for NowLoading.

I appreciate the invitation to toot my own horn!

2. Claudia says:

I would prefer a Vlog. I mean, Youtube. Doing it over video than writing is better. We’re gamers anyway and I think we don’t have have time to write or read something we can watch. True?

3. Amor says:

I agree. It’s all about being able to connect with other gamers. You can write tips, share best practices, share freebies! You have to be in all platforms as much as possible. Visibility is key!

4. A. Rizudin says:

I don’t have a gaming blog, but I have posted up a few incomplete walkthroughs on GameFAQs many years ago. And I’d agree a bit with Claudia; Vlogging does get certain points across a whole lot better than written articles would.

However, one could also analyze a developer’s game(s) in writing too. Observations about game balance, which power-ups are more suited to beating a stage or mission, the music used, and constructive (not bashing or overly praising) the design of the game(s) overall, for instance.

And speaking of music, I’m reminded of the video description someone made of Contra 3’s “No Man’s Land” track. The author wrote, among other things: “It signifies that the ultimate showdown is nigh, but accentuates the uncertainty of the victor. This, my friends, is the music of stage 6.”

I’d say that’s a very good description, in my humble opinion.

5. Kyo Kusagi says:

I would love to start a blog about gaming. It is a passion. However I do not know how to start. Thanks for the inspiration.

6. Dindin says:

We’ll, yeah, it is better if the gamers know what’s the best game for them. And gamers won’t have a hard time knowing what the game is all about so they will get to choose a game easily. Game blogging can help gamers find out whats new, updated and what’s trending. You’ll find out what game you really love….So Go Gamers!!!!

7. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

A blog is a good idea. However establishing it can be a challenge but it gets your name up there.

If you like writing aside from playing, I say give blogging a go. Not only will you learn a lot re. the gaming industry and html/css, it’s also possible to earn from it (don’t focus on money though).

9. Rebi says:

Yeah, for gamers they really should start a blog. You can share your experience and you can even help some beginners as well.

10. Maury Cheskes says:

Yeah, blogging is good especially if you have a lot of knowledge on gaming. It definitely gives you the chance to share your ideas in a creative format.

11. redeye13 says:

Another benefit of creating such a blog is if you don’t really go online to play MMORPG. Specifically, single-player gamers get to share their games, attract people with the same mindset, and get additional knowledge as well as help others who may be stuck on a quest or level.

12. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

Blogs are such a great way to network with people with the same interest. I also like following bloggers who are gamers that talk about the same games I’m interested in. I’m also very interested in people they follow. They just open up new reviews, game referrals and friends!

13. zhangisiung says:

I don’t have a blog but I do wrote reviews about the games that I played. And yea I personally sure do hope that the developer read one of the review I wrote for their feedback and hopefully other gamers too, so that they would know what game they are getting at. This is one of my writing : https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/201559-heroine-anthem-zero/reviews/163633 ,feel free to check it 🙂

14. Having blog content is a good creative outlet and also opens up many doors. If you are looking to pursue a job in the game developing field, than having a gaming blog would look good on a resume.

1. Thank you Mikasa! Very much appreciated!

1. Mikasa Blogs says:

You’re welcome congrats 😊

15. Maripaz says:

Aside from social media, blogs are a great way to network with fellow gamers. Just like this SJE blog, we gamers are all here to share our ideas!

16. Jackson says:

Blogs are a massive help especially with MMORPG gamers. I’ve a few bloggers who are into MMORPG and we discuss different strategies and it did improve my skills!

17. Kal says:

hopefully many gamers will start a blog so that new gamers can learn information on how a game should be played, how a certain terrain should be explored. if this happens, many more people will be interested in MMORPGs, games in general. this would probably help many other gamers on how to devise strategies.

18. kakai says:

this would be really nice for me. There should be more blogs about a certain game or a certain level of a game, not just how to’s. this will help me much better to gain more confidence in the game and not just copy a certain strategy and not try my own.

19. The Album says:

My Blog isn’t only gaming, but I do cover gaming stuff. Always enjoy meeting new gamers who also blog!