The gaming world has changed a lot. It has come a long way since the 2000s when one couldn’t play the most mainstream titles without a PC. The Windows still has most of the gaming market share, but since the times are changing. All thanks to the cross-platform engines like Unity. All games from the top-notch studios can now be played on Mac, and nowadays many latest games are created with Mac playability in mind from the start. It’s a very good time to be alive as a Mac gamer, particularly if you’re a fan of the RPG genre.
Want to get started? Here is the list of some of the best RPG experiences you can have primarily on Mac right now.
- Bastion: Bastion is in one word, beautiful! Not only is it visually stunning and immediately recognizable, but everything is glorified to an entirely different level by the soundtrack. The music is too good that you can listen to it while relaxing or studying. There’s nothing unusual or innovative about the gameplay or the story, but they’re both good enough to leave you satisfied. Like watching a movie or reading a novel, Bastion is more into the emotional journey than the mechanical depth. You will still enjoy playing it, so don’t let that turn you away.
- Pillars of Eternity: It is the spiritual replacement for the games like Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale. There is a chief quest along with many side quests, but the game’s true worth is its replayability due to its eleven different classes and great combat mechanics.
- Divinity: Original Sin: If your love of the RPG genre starts from the desire to discover and explore, then Divinity: Original Sin is perfect for you. The combat and graphics are great, but here the content is the real selling point. If you cover all the side quests, it would take around 100 hours to complete everything.
- Borderlands 2: Without any doubt, it is one of the best games to come out in the past five years. It won several awards, including “Best Multiplayer Game,” “Action Game of the Year,” ” Character of the year,” and “Best Shooter,”. These awards convincingly demonstrate the game’s worth. The game demands you to complete missions and collect all the loot from the enemies you kill. Of course, there is the main storyline, but there’s also dozens of side storylines. Since it is an open world RPG, you can play it even after you “beat” it.
- Darkest Dungeon: Darkest Dungeon is simply amazing. The art style sucks you right in, then the gameplay hooks you and keeps you involved for hours and hours. It’s the kind of game that you assume to play only for 10 minutes, only to realize that your whole day has gone by and you’re now addicted. Darkest Dungeon is one of the best because it’s punishing and tough. The mechanics are splendid, depicting the consequences and effects of stress on an adventuring party and the risk or reward of pushing your luck as far as it can go before everything falls.
Which modern RPGs that can be played on Mac do you consider to be your favorites? Tell us in the comments section or tweet us @essjay_ent!
DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH/REPOST/REBLOG/QUOTE ANY ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY US.