5 Best Role Playing Games for Mac Users. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

The gaming world has changed a lot. It has come a long way since the 2000s when one couldn’t play the most mainstream titles without a PC. The Windows still has most of the gaming market share, but since the times are changing. All thanks to the cross-platform engines like Unity. All games from the top-notch studios can now be played on Mac, and nowadays many latest games are created with Mac playability in mind from the start. It’s a very good time to be alive as a Mac gamer, particularly if you’re a fan of the RPG genre.

Want to get started? Here is the list of some of the best RPG experiences you can have primarily on Mac right now.

1. Bastion: Bastion is in one word, beautiful! Not only is it visually stunning and immediately recognizable, but everything is glorified to an entirely different level by the soundtrack. The music is too good that you can listen to it while relaxing or studying. There’s nothing unusual or innovative about the gameplay or the story, but they’re both good enough to leave you satisfied. Like watching a movie or reading a novel, Bastion is more into the emotional journey than the mechanical depth. You will still enjoy playing it, so don’t let that turn you away.
  2. Pillars of Eternity: It is the spiritual replacement for the games like Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale. There is a chief quest along with many side quests, but the game’s true worth is its replayability due to its eleven different classes and great combat mechanics.
  3. Divinity: Original Sin: If your love of the RPG genre starts from the desire to discover and explore, then Divinity: Original Sin is perfect for you. The combat and graphics are great, but here the content is the real selling point. If you cover all the side quests, it would take around 100 hours to complete everything.
  4. Borderlands 2: Without any doubt, it is one of the best games to come out in the past five years. It won several awards, including “Best Multiplayer Game,” “Action Game of the Year,” ” Character of the year,” and “Best Shooter,”. These awards convincingly demonstrate the game’s worth. The game demands you to complete missions and collect all the loot from the enemies you kill. Of course, there is the main storyline, but there’s also dozens of side storylines. Since it is an open world RPG, you can play it even after you “beat” it.
  5. Darkest Dungeon: Darkest Dungeon is simply amazing. The art style sucks you right in, then the gameplay hooks you and keeps you involved for hours and hours. It’s the kind of game that you assume to play only for 10 minutes, only to realize that your whole day has gone by and you’re now addicted. Darkest Dungeon is one of the best because it’s punishing and tough. The mechanics are splendid, depicting the consequences and effects of stress on an adventuring party and the risk or reward of pushing your luck as far as it can go before everything falls.

Which modern RPGs that can be played on Mac do you consider to be your favorites? Tell us in the comments section or tweet us @essjay_ent!

Cami_Signature

13 thoughts on “5 Best Role Playing Games for Mac Users

1. Sarah says:

I have never considered playing on my Macbook Air. Dunno why, it just didn’t hit me. Maybe because I have a PS4. But I will try these games!

2. Lottie says:

Borderlands on PC was great! So is the Mac version the same? I hope so too because I’m getting a new Macbook Pro (with the touchbar!) and I will definitely download it again.

3. Maury Cheskes says:

Terrific! It’s good to see some acclaimed mac games with good story-lines and talented artwork. These sound like the kind of games you wouldn’t mind playing twice.

4. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

I have heared most of these games. I still am hesitant in playing though. Are they good?

5. Kyo Kusagi says:

I have never used mac. I have tried once but it did not last because it lacks components that windows has. I will scan for these games and hopefully play them in windows format.

6. Rebi says:

I don’t have mac but maybe if tried, these games are good!

7. redeye13 says:

While Divinity and Pillars are good titles, don’t forget The Sims series. As far as I know, I’ve managed to make it work on a Mac (Sims 3). It certainly brings back memories!

8. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

I’m really into RPG and I currently use a Macbook Pro. I haven’t really tried to play RPG on a Mac but only on Windows before I sold my PC. I’ll try this list.

I’ve been looking for RPG when I was in LDR – too bad I stumbled upon this too late. Will still check it out though!

9. Antony says:

Bastion : Haven’t tried it, but will definitely give it a try later
    Pillars of Eternity : Excellent cRPGs love it
    Divinity Original Sin : One of favorite RPG that I played recently, the 2nd part is already out now on steam I think 🙂
    Borderlands 2 : Nice blend of FPS and openworld RPG, gunzerker FTW !
    Darkest Dungeon : Definitely one of the harder RPG on this list for me, played it, and get rekt a lot (although its quite hard but its fun I must admit)

10. Doreen says:

Bastion is very nice! Tried it once on my friend’s MBP and I was blown away!

11. Farhan says:

I had so much fun with Darkest Dungeon! Super duper hard but it’s easily one of my faves on this list!

12. kaye says:

i liked bastion. it was actually the game referred to me by my cousin. it works well with my mac and the music is amazing as you said.

13. karyl says:

for me darkest dungeon is super fun. my brother just allowed me to play in his mac. i’m hooked!