Places To Download Free Premium PC Games For Free. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Want to play great PC games without paying a single penny? You have two options: Either you can take the illegal route and pirate the latest titles, or legally settle for free-to-play games, giveaways, and freebie deals. This may sound like a massive compromise, but it isn’t! Free games these days can be pretty good, and there are enough of them that you won’t run out of games to try anytime soon.
You must be thinking whether you would be able to download mainstream games like Grand Theft Auto V, Dark Souls III, or Civilization VI for free? No, probably not! But you’ll find at least one legally free game using the below given sites:

1. Steam: It is the go-to destination for digital games. The customer support can be somewhat poor but many users feel that the constantly-updated library and massive selection are worth the risks. For playing the free games, adhere to the Free to Play section. You can filter by category, by features, by genre, and by an operating system. You can also view by Most Popular, New Releases, and Coming Soon or you can narrow it down with a search term. The Free to Play section has a collection of about 1,700 games. You can also examine the Demos section of Steam, which currently has around 1,300 demo games which you can play to check if the full game is worth spending money on.

2. itch.io: If you are looking for indie games, then itch.io is an awesome platform for you. It specializes in indie games, both free and paid, and has grown since its debut in 2013. The Free section of itch.io has around 47,000 titles. If you’re tired of big game studios killing the industry, these indie games may be perfect for expressing your love for gaming. Don’t want to search through that many games on your own? You can check out the Free & Legal PC Games blog, which is primarily a collection of the best games on itch.io.

3. GOG: The biggest drawback of using Steam games is they have DRM. If Steam ever decides to revoke or shut down your account for any reason, you’ll lose all your games. That’s why a lot of gamers prefer using GOG over Steam. GOG is a game distribution platform just like Steam, but all of its games are DRM-free. Your games are not linked to your GOG account, so even if your GOG account shuts down, you’ll still have the games that you have downloaded. You can also play most of the GOG games on Linux. One of the shortcomings of GOG is its library size doesn’t even come close to what Steam offers. GOG’s total library has just over 1,800 games. And its Free section only has 32 games. GOG is much more useful if you spare a bit of cash because its Under $5 section has a lot to offer.

Maybe you are not much satisfied with the platforms above, and that’s absolutely fine. There are many other ways of finding high-quality games that won’t cost you to download and play. But they just won’t be as straightforward and on-demand as the above.

Hope this helps you find some impressive and exciting free games. If you know of any other sites, share them with us in the comments section or tweet us @essjay_ent!

Cami_Signature

24 thoughts on “Places To Download Free Premium PC Games For Free

1. Rebi says:

Thanks for this! I’m looking for websites these days which offer games for free.

2. roisterous says:

This is a really helpful list of info. I’ll certainly have to keep these sites in mind for future use

3. Moz says:

Great list of websites. It’s nice to find an easy route that’s legal and free to try. Thanks for the article!

4. Nathan says:

umm….I think the games offered there for free are not premium ones. The premium ones are sold at a certain price (although you can find some of them at good / bargain price),

5. Kyo Kusagi says:

NOw this is a very helpful pos. Its a rarity for people to tell the community about free stuff!!! Thanks

6. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

I will bookmark this post for future reference. Thanks for piling this up must be a ton of work.

7. Chuck says:

Steam is the best. No fuss, with great titles.

8. Marco says:

Yeah GOG is better. Not way better…but if you’re a cheapskate like me (LOL!), then GOG is tops. You get what you pay for man!

9. Kiara Leslie says:

What a helpful post. This means a lot to me since I like to try on a game before I decided if it’s worth the penny. Thank you

10. Adjuji says:

I only know steam, I never thought there is other options. Thanks for this lists, I might consider one for later use.

11. Satish says:

Steam has the best catalog. Bar none. It’s my go-to site whenever I get bored and want a new game.

12. Giovanni says:

I love itch.io! There’s always something new! Although not famous titles, but what I like about the games there is that there’s a lot of genres to choose from!

13. carey says:

thank you so much for these information. i love playing games but i don’t want to spend a penny on just a game. Are the games in these sites classified per user age?

14. carlo says:

ha, this is nice! free download of games! yey! how often do they update the games they have?

15. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

Steam and GOG always been my go to. Glad it made it to this list. Kudos!

16. Bettie says:

GOG has been my library for years. Until Steam came along. And life was never the same!

17. Janina says:

I’ve never downloaded PC games before. I didn’t even know there are free ones too. When Steam came along, I became addicted to dowloading new games every week! Hahaha!

18. chrisdean016 says:

A great list. Thank you so much for this

19. ohio state says:

I know of the fact that now, more and more people are being attracted to video cameras and the discipline of pictures. However, as a photographer, you will need to first invest so much of your time deciding which model of dslr camera to buy as well as moving store to store just so you could buy the most inexpensive camera of the trademark you have decided to pick. But it doesn’t end now there. You also have to take into consideration whether you should buy a digital dslr camera extended warranty. Thanks a lot for the good guidelines I obtained from your website.

20. st patricks says:

Thanks for giving your ideas. I’d personally also like to express that video games have been ever before evolving. Modern technology and innovations have assisted create practical and interactive games. These entertainment video games were not that sensible when the actual concept was first of all being tried out. Just like other areas of technological innovation, video games way too have had to develop through many many years. This itself is testimony on the fast growth of video games.

21. st patricks says:

Good day! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the good info you’ve here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your blog for more soon.

22. st patricks says:

It’s really a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

23. st patricks says:

I used to be recommended this website via my cousin. I’m no longer sure whether this post is written via him as no one else recognise such distinct about my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thank you!

24. rangers says:

You made some first rate factors there. I regarded on the internet for the issue and located most individuals will go along with along with your website.