Game Development and Animations Video Blog

Hello again! Today’s tutorial is about The Creative Process and a Special Gun Design with Project-X Villain Mike The Sadist presented by our lead artist Marcos. If you have any questions please leave comments here or you may tweet us @essjay_ent. More art tutorials to follow. We hope you enjoy this video!

Please pause the video to read the information in the text boxes if they fade away too fast.

We have English CC available in all our videos.

All art images in the video are Copyrighted to Saljack Enterprises, LLC with All Rights Reserved.

Music by: Silent Partner

To watch all of our tutorials, please visit our YouTube page here: Saljack YouTube or to view a full listing of the tutorials please visit this page on our blog: Tutorials

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

20 thoughts on “Art Tutorial 9: The Creative Process and Gun Design with Project-X Villain Mike The Sadist

1. Caryn says:

I always thought that drawing a gun was difficult. After watching this, I realized that it’s not as difficult as I thought. You just need to learn the right techniques from the expert.

2. Maury Cheskes says:

Mike looks like what Wolverine would be had he gone bad. I like all the creative weaponry. If possible, it would be really useful if you could keep the notes up for longer periods of time! Thanks, great video.

1. Thank you for the feedback Maury. We will increase the duration of the popups.

3. Doreen says:

How did it go from simple lines to form a body part? I’m just blown away by the talent of this guy! Great job!

4. Mattina Lee says:

That’s a cool outfit Mike got on there. I like the rugged ripped jean look. Really brings out his character. And he’s smart not to forget that big bullet proof vest. Awesome!!

5. Munford says:

WOW that’s a big gun he got! Looks almost as big as him. Wonder how much it weight.

6. James says:

Great application of shading technique! I remember some tips from the shading tutorial. As always, how can it be so easy to watch Marcos do it, but I have a hard time doing it myself? I really, really need to practice more!

7. Harry W. says:

I’ve been really learning a lot from all your tutorials. I like you drew the gun on this one.

8. Vince says:

This Mike character is one of my favorite on your site so far. It’s easy to feel where he’s coming from and understand why he acts out like he does, albeit very destructive behavior. But hey, that his character!

9. DaMan says:

I like the shading techniques you’re using here. Just some subtle strokes here and there really makes a difference in the detail.

10. Terry says:

You’re very talented bro. I want to be like you when I grow up! 😀

11. Thomas Miles says:

Which program are you using to draw this? I don’t believe I saw any reference of it in the vid.

1. Hi Thomas, we’re using a free drawing tool called GIMP.

12. Pete says:

Great vid! I must read the full backstory on this character. Is there one? If so where can I find it?

13. Randy says:

I love this tutorial! Mike is a total badass!!

1. Fred says:

Tell me about it. This guy is so cool!

14. roisterous says:

This is a very comprehensive tutorial on pencil drawing. The way the drawing is broken down into steps is very useful. The steps are also presented in a clean, easily understandable way.

15. Ty says:

Yaasss bad boys rock! I’m glad you showed us how you draw the villains. Mike The Sadist looks so scary. And that gun.. it’s so big.

16. Kitz says:

Wow! Such a great artist you are, It seems to be so easy with this tutorial. I Doing and showing how to do the basic moves are always helpful. I hope I could do it the way you did,

17. Rebi says:

Everything was done simple drawn simple until it became really good artwork! Cool