BOOK 3, P1: A War is Coming- Introducing the Intiative. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Here we go! Starting today we continue the Project-X storyline with the first part of book 3. I hope you enjoy!

Eight men and women sat around a large oval boardroom table in an abandoned government facility on Plum Island just off the coast of Long Island. The island steeped in mystery had been under government control from 1899, and it had been home to a rogue ex-government faction since 2020.

Billionaire philanthropist Warren Goldstein bought Plum Island as soon as he became aware that the government was auctioning it off in an effort to set off some of its deficit in 2018 and immediately began assembling a group of people he hoped would be able to help him save the world.

Since the superheroes had vanished, there had been no one to stem the rising tide of crime in New York. Buildings burned, people died, and anarchy reigned supreme. The Government had lost its money reserves and refused to declare martial law. Some believed that they declined to do it based on politics seeing as it was an election year but others knew the truth, they just could not afford to mobilize the troops. They were broke. The villains ran amok, unchecked and unafraid.

Warren knew that if New York fell so too would the rest of the United States, and so did the other seven people around the table. They became known as The Initiative, and they had two mandates: Find the missing hybrids and assemble a team of highly skilled operatives to quell the rising mayhem.

A portion of the first mandate had already been accomplished. Dylan and his mother had safely made it to the island and were under The Initiative’s protection. Rumors persisted that there were more superhero offspring hybrids scattered throughout the world and they continued to look. The hybrids in the hands of the villains would spell disaster for New York. The notion of a child with such devastating power and a complete lack of morality was a possibility that no one at The Initiative wanted to have to face.

“I want to thank you all for coming, and I am sure that when this is all over your country will thank you as well,” Warren said as he looked around the table. “You have been asked to come because you are the brightest minds in your fields and believe that drastic measures must be taken to protect the hybrids and take back our country. Some of you may already know each other; some may not. I suggest that we begin with the requisite introductions. I am Warren Goldstein, and I will be funding your endeavors.”

The man on his right stood up.

“I am retired, General Buck Fisher. My job will be to provide strategic solutions.”

One by one the people around the table introduced themselves.

“My name is Lara Crawford. Ex- CIA here to handle intelligence.”

“Captain Jeff Gray, I am a former Navy Seal and hand to hand combat specialist.”

“Peter Fischer, CEO of Landau Corporation. We are the largest supplier of military weaponry in the world.”

“My name is Dr. Sheila Harper. I am a scientist and engineer, here to make good weapons better” she said as she smiled at Mr. Fischer next to her.

“Gunner Jason Smith. I am here to provide weapons training to the recruits.”

Navida Patel, Ph.D. I am here to make sure that everyone remains healthy mentally and physically.

Warren thanked everyone and motioned to the back of the room where a man in black leather was just walking in and removing his motorcycle helmet.

“This is Mr. Smith; I am sure that you have all seen him from time to time. He is our go-to man for surveillance, recruitment, and logistics.” Warren said with a wry smile.

“I apologize for being late,” said Mr. Smith. “I have concluded my fact finding and have settled on eight recruits.”

Warren looked at him and motioned towards the screens on the wall behind his head. “Well don’t wait for an invitation. Put up their intel and let’s have a look. We all need to be up to speed on who is going to be handling the nuts and bolts of this operation. Besides, we will be welcoming them to our little adventure tomorrow.”

With that, Mr. Smith plugged his laptop in and the first of the eight recruits popped up on the screen.

(To be continued…)

That’s it for now! The next story will be published soon. We will continue publishing stories every week leading up to the anticipated Project-X announcement.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

44 thoughts on “BOOK 3, P1: A War is Coming- Introducing the Initiative

1. Ronil Salcon says:

I’ve been waiting for this update since you’ve announced there will b a Book 3! I’ve been hooked by the story of Project-X and I hope the next update will be more exciting and action-packed.

1. Hi Ronil, Action will be arriving soon! Thank you for the comment.

2. Alex Summers says:

WAr on what exactly? I cannot help but notice how the story is incomplete. WE do not even see the heroes aside from drawing tutorials.

3. Scott Summers says:

Wait? Trevour and company are the good guys right? so why does the photo depict that they are being hunted? I mean its like cops are profiling suspects. What the heck???

4. Duncan says:

Is Dylan is a hybrid? Now I understand why he was kidnapped by the government. I wonder who this Mr. Smith is. He seems like a mysterious character.

5. Kitz says:

Wow! Reading the story hooks me up. I can’t wait for the continuation of this. This is quite fun!

6. Anoop says:

I like Warren Goldstein the most. He’s not greedy and selfish. If I were a billionaire, I would also use my money for the good of mankind.

7. Rruchi Shrimalli says:

There have been a few errors here and there. ‘Optics’ instead of ‘Politics’, use of ‘or’ instead of ‘your’ etc. Overlooking such minor mistakes which can easily be wiped out with proper editing, we have a perfect gripping story start here. Waiting to read the book soon.

1. Hi Again Rruchi, after bringing this up with the writing department, it was their intention to use the word ‘Optics’ but they said ‘Politics’ will also work. In any case, we’ve updated the story. Thanks again!

2. roisterous says:

I did notice a ‘to’ where it should have been ‘too’, and honestly was unable to simply look past it and move on. I would definitely advise you to perhaps invest a little more time/money/effort into editing the written work you produce. The story line, however, is very interesting and you are certainly set on that front.

1. We really appreciate all the honest feedback from everyone. In our opinion there isn’t such a thing as negative feedback. Every critique is a way forward to betterment. Thanks and looking forward to more from everyone. BTW we’ve installed some new sound equipment in our international office so the next video, hopefully, should be an improvement from a sound quality perspective.

2. And yes found the mistake and corrected! That was quite a silly one too 🙂

Thanks for the new installment and great details on the artwork. Not much action in this post but I’m sure it’s necessary to move the storyline forward. Looking forward to the next post.

9. Janie says:

I was giddy with excitement when I was reading this but now I am in despair because I have to wait another 2 weeks for the next installment! Great story! But please can you release the next one soon?!?!?

10. Leila says:

So the Champions will be now be called The Initiative huh? Very original! Bravo! I can see that hulky guy is up first. What’s his name again? Parkour? Darfour?

11. Machwind2012 says:

Huh? why do I get Avengers vibes in this. Just my opinion

12. Doomsday says:

I agree with wind. I get the same vibe Avengers? however seems out of the blue because I know more about the villains from the heroes.

13. Ricardo says:

Now I’m getting to get the story piece by piece. At first I don’t really know why the previous drawings does not match each other but now I know because of this one.

14. Mark Anthony says:

I want to know the eight characters and what they can do. Can you draw that in the next episode?

15. Tin says:

I think I understand why the government wants to use the hybrids to fight crime. Imagine if the criminals got hold of the hybrids and use their powers for evil purposes, that would be very scary…

16. Kimmie says:

Just wish that we have real-life superheroes now to combat crime and terrorism. There’s no doubt that superheroes can easily defeat terrorist groups like ISIS etc.

17. Maury Cheskes says:

Cool, I’m hoping they’ll form a Justice League and revamp the whole planet. That guy being experimented on by the doctor; is he a hero or a villain? Could definitely see the boy with all the mind powers doing some serious damage. Hardcore! I dig it.

18. LaKeisha says:

Hey guys whatever you say about similarities to famous comic books, this one is original! Let us support them as they are giving us original content. Story’s getting more exciting!

19. Chuck says:

Hey I remember that guy on the screen! He’s the one who figured in a fight and got paid for it right? Then he left some money to his workplace so it won’t be closed. So he’s really a good guy after all!

20. Sakura Kinomoto says:

It can be done though!!! I am serous. Take GI Joe for example. They are not that super yet can fight treats like these.

21. captain Ussop says:

Yeah I can see that!! It maybe coming to close at comics but,, I give them props for effort and content

22. Chris Fama says:

Saljack Enterprises why not try creating a manga-type kind of website. I think people will read more of your creations by doing that. It will be more exciting to read.

23. Abba says:

I’m so excited for the next episode. I want to see the team being form. I wonder who are those eight people?

24. Rebi says:

The story is interesting! I like it. Im kind of late now though

25. Miyou says:

I am not much of a fan of sci-fi and fantasy stories but who would’ve known, I am navigating through the other parts. This is pretty interesting and all these drawings are cool. Looking forward to the next update.

26. Ran says:

Ever plan on transforming this into a game? Somehow? This would sell I think. Anyway, I so love the graphics. It’s very realistic and the looks of the characters all matched well with the role they are portraying. Waiting for the next scene!

27. Carlo Abueva says:

Phenomenal artwork! Adds to the vibe and the buildup of the story. Things are certainly going to get more interesting, can’t wait for the next installment!

28. Nato says:

I admire all your artwork in this site! Very superb! Nice stories too! Keep ’em coming guys!

29. Phaedra says:

Hey I am just confused. Is this the final format of this story or are we gonna see a game or a comicbook someday? Or an animated movie? Story is very good!

1. These stories are definitely not the final format! Yes you will see an end product soon. Please stay tuned!

30. Ice Queen says:

Its good to hear that this is not the final product. Its hard to followand kinda one sided the heroes gathered off screen? Come on!!!

31. invisible woman says:

Yes I agree the artwork is amazing but the story order needs work. I mean the villains are being form on screen, why cant the heroes do the same?

32. Moz says:

I wonder if in real life they often bring along the world’s top specialists in times of crises. It seems like all the stories have been building up to this big moment.

33. Wanda says:

I am curious about the eight recruits. Well, we already know that Dylan is one of them so there are still seven remaining whose identities have not been revealed. Who are they? I am dying to know…

34. Virginia says:

Me too Wanda I’m excited to know the other characters. When will it be publish?

35. Chris Fama says:

Can somebody tell me every when they publish new drawings so that I can be aware of it. I really love the story, I wish they will create something everyday.

1. Chris, please sign up and follow us. If you do that, you will receive an email everytime we publish something.

36. Kelsey says:

Now I understand why Dylan and the others were kidnapped by the government. I am glad it’s for a good cause. I can’t wait to see Dylan and the hybrids in action.