Hi gals and guys! We’re back with the next tutorial about Gesture Drawing with Project-X Champion Briiana. The tutorial is presented by our favorite, the one and only Marcos – our lead artist. He continues using the free GIMP software in connection from the last tutorial. If you have any questions please contact us through our blog or you may tweet us @essjay_ent. More art tutorials to follow. We hope you enjoy this video!

Update 12/17/2016: We just noticed that towards the end of the video, some of the text is out of sync with the tutorial. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this will cause viewers.

We’re looking for a video presenter and a vlogger for our YouTube channel. This is a $50/hr WORK FROM HOME job opportunity. Great way to make money with your own work schedule!  We’ve decided to offer this job opportunity to the first place winner as part of the prize for this competitionSaljack YouTube Job Competition

This competition is open to residents of any country where a U.S based company may operate legally. To be eligible for the job prize, the winners must be of legal age and also be able to work legally for a U.S based company.

The competition video entry:

1. Should be about one or more of the Project-X character.
  2. Should be at least 3 minutes long.
  3. May follow one of these examples but not be limited to: art videos, self-made animations or simply the candidate talking about the character(s).

Next video will be about “Primitive Forms”.

All art images in the video are Copyrighted to Saljack Enterprises, LLC with All Rights Reserved.

Music by: MK2

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

41 thoughts on “Art Tutorial 5: Gesture Drawing with Project-X Champion Briiana

1. Elaine says:

“We’re back with the next tutorial about Gesture Drawing with Project-X Champion Briiana” What I think that, if the background color might change from black to grey, it might show the girl be nice.

2. Jenna says:

Very educational! I’m using Procreate on my iPad pro, just basic lines, nothing fancy. It automatically records all the activity I’m doing for a particular task. I think it will be handy to use when I join the contest! I’ll just add audio and I’m done!

3. Chuck says:

Oh I remember this girl from the previous posts. So this is her trademark “look” huh…cut-off shirt with abs bared. She doesn’t look young here. I guess that was the issue then LOL. Anyway, thanks to you guys and Marcos for this tutorial.

4. Judy says:

Another very informative tutorial. I have been trying to improve my gesture drawing skill and this video surely helped. Thanks a heap!

5. Ricardo says:

I love the new Saljact Enterprise logo waterworks at the beginning. I’m just curious, why is the logo like that and why is your company named Saljack?

6. Salvador says:

Cool video, Thank you for the tips. Can you teach us how to color?

7. Tiny says:

Wow! I am speechless with awe. I wish I could draw like that. Sadly, I can only draw stick figures. LOL.

8. Dax says:

I really find gesture drawing hard but thanks to this video, I learned how to do it right. I can’t wait to practice gesture drawing on GIMP.

9. Harold says:

Getting to draw the face just right is already quite a feat for me. It just doesn’t look quite as cool if the postures and gestures are blah. Unfortunately, that’s all I as able to accomplish with my meager skills. Not only is this tutorial teaching me, it is also inspiring me by giving easy-to-follow ideas on how I can do it right. Thanks soooo much!

10. alfred says:

Thanks a lot for this informative video. I have really learned important points about gesture drawing. I’ve got to give it a try sooner or later.

11. richard says:

Thanks for giving me the idea! Now I know how I can work with GIMP. I can’t wait to apply what I’ve learned from the tutorial.

12. Ivan says:

The artist makes it look so simple! I wish I could have even just a tiny bit of his talent. I mean, it seems like he can draw a character in any way he would want them to look like.

13. Esperanza Khan says:

I love this article! It is very educational and it is helping me improve with my own drawings

14. Ulysses says:

Geez Marcos makes it look so easy. And the face…gosh he worked like magic on that part! I guess I have to practice more.

15. Irfan says:

I’ve learned a lot from the previous tutorials. But after watching this video, I felt like starting all over again! I’m still getting used to GIMP and the learning arc is quite high LOL! Anyway, thanks guys!

Thanks for the tutorial and what a great opportunity for a talented video presenter and vlogger! Looks like the artwork takes a long time to create but then most great artworks do.

17. Devin says:

Thank you Marcos for explaining everything you did in this tutorial. You rock!! I’m learning a lot just by watching your Youtube video tutorials.

18. Kathleen says:

Unfortunately, I can’t really draw as well as this one… I like the trick though with the guidelines and stuff.

19. Grace says:

I’ve been drawing since I was in elementary. This is very nice!

20. Mai says:

New follower here. I really enjoyed this art tutorial. I hope you will post more of these videos in the future.

21. Jessica says:

I love this drawing. Can you make a video about how to color drawings?

1. Hi Darwin, yes those tutorials are also on their way soon! Thank you for your comment.

22. Nikki says:

Thank you for the tips! I’m trying to learn how to draw myself. I love how easy the guides are.

23. Alberto says:

Every video is really aweosome, everyone can learn to draw with this videos, it’s easy, i draw myself with the last tutorial

24. Edward says:

Excelent tutorial, and is a shame i can’t participate for that job opportunity will be great for me!

25. Jordan says:

First, the speaker’s movements seem a bit stiff and unnatural. He should be a bit more relaxed when introducing the video. Then again, the more he does this, the more natural he will become. The frequency by t=which these tutorials are made will eventually fix that. Second, the sound quality needs work. Is it the mic? Hopefully, that will be remedied soon. But if one would focus on the content of the video and not the two issues I pointed out, this tutorial definitely served its purpose. Good job!

26. Kenneth C. says:

This video reminds me of the art lessons I had when I was young. Of course, everything was done on paper back then. I wonder what device the artist is using in this video. I’d like to get one for myself this Christmas!

27. Orson says:

I’m still learing GIMP and it’s haaaaard! Waaaaah! But I’m determined to learn so I can draw my fave characters here!

28. YoLanda says:

It’s my first time here and I say I am impressed with your content! And this tutorial is very educational. Great job!

29. Buenacielle says:

Thank you for posting this article. Now I have some ideas on how I can draw characters that do moves.

30. Chad says:

I’ve been following some of the videos here about how to draw. Thank you so much because I’m learning a lot from these!

31. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

Me I am not even good at stick figures. However I enjoy the fact of something coming alive to your eyes.

32. Kyo Kusagi says:

I cannot draw but these guides are cool. Now, I could apply this in my aspiring dream to draw!!!

33. Pam says:

I am so impressed with the artist’s quick brush strokes. He makes Project X champion Briiana come to life. He is really a seasoned artist.

34. lily says:

Cool tutorial video. I wish i have such talent but will share this with my artist friends for sure

35. Taki says:

Awesome tutorial… It was very easy to follow. I hope you can do one for Project-X Champion Jonni because he’s my favorite.

1. Jonni is next up this week!

36. Harry says:

Hey is this the girl you edited because she looked rather “mature” for a teenager? She still looks old here though. What subtle changes did you do then? I guess you could of included that in the tutorial — how to make a character look old or young.

37. Tanja says:

Impressive as usual! You have very talented artists. I’ve learned new techniques after watching your previous videos. This is again a new learning experience for me. Danke!

38. Maury Cheskes says:

Great tutorial! You can really feel the impact of the punches and the kicks in every sketch. Every action pose has got a flavor to it and the lines definitely give the images a three dimension feel.