Qualities of a Good Gaming Client. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Do you want to choose the best gaming client? Are you aware of what to look for while selecting a gaming client? Here are some of the features to look for whenever you look for a gaming client:

Game Quality: Look for the great gaming library. Since no gaming library is perfect, but yes, some excel over others. One important point to look for is the content. They should have a higher percentage of quality content than flash game websites which includes early access content as well. Excellent gaming quality also involves minimal Pay-to-Unlock features often combined with Free to Play or freemium games.

Ease of Use: If you’re searching for new and brilliant games, the last thing you will want is to have a hard time looking for these games. Games come first, company advertising second. A proper rating system, categories, and accessible gaming gems are all aspects of a great gaming repository. The gaming distribution platform includes a desktop application or a simple online client.

Digital Rights Management: DRM is often an overlooked issue, particularly with PC gaming. This practice limits one game to one person. It is an annoying practice. Various platforms allow you to own the game without having to sign in to an another client or requiring an Internet connection at all. This practice is not only meant for playing the game, but also Modding the game as well. DRM-free games allow you to mod your game without using a third party client that may require payment. The aim here is to use a gaming client which enables you to play the game, offline and without the registration fee.

Library Volume and Type: It totally depends upon your choice. Most gamers are likely content with a volume of widely AAA-rated games at their disposal. However, some enjoy the mix of highly-rated and expensive games and cheap indie games with quality. Software and Linux supported games are a bonus. The price of the games, however, is rarely a point of interest when compared to the overall quality of the library.

Reward Programs and Discount Deals: If you are loyal to particular distribution platforms, you can take advantage of their reward programs. With these programs, you can take advantage of in-client virtual sales, currency, and exclusive pre-orders. Such clients allow you to earn virtual currency, long-term use, the achievement unlocks, and so many other things. Reward programs are an exceptional way to show user gratitude. Hence, saving money is a plus for the modern gamer.

Customer Service: Although this quality is hard to change as customer service is vital for gaming clients. Excellent customer service prolongs to more than just solving gaming issues. Money-back guarantees are critical to the curious gamer looking to jump from genre to genre or to return a disturbed early access game.

Which gaming client are you using currently? Let us know in the comments section!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

30 thoughts on “Qualities of a Good Gaming Client

1. Everyone’s heard of Steam, and it has quite the library and some great sales, but GOG is very good, as well. GOG also tends to be DRM free, so you can play your games anywhere you go, which is a plus!

1. Hi Athena, you should be hearing from us very soon. Haven’t forgotten about you 🙂

2. Britneigh says:

Steam is very popular these days, and I can understand why. Lots of great titles to choose from! However, customer service is something to be desired. I hope they deal with it soon!

3. Janie says:

I’m a PC gamer and DRM really sucks. Still haven’t decided on buying a console though. My gaming library is excellent except for that DRM and I think I can live with that for now.

1. simona says:

Yeah I don’t like DRM too. I miss the good old days 😦

4. Miaka Yuuki says:

I am not sure if G arena belongs in this category but given that its like a library of games I guess it is. I have heard of Steam they are big these days.

5. MIco Robin says:

I am not a full on gamer However I can appreciate these things its cheaoer than to buy games individually. It will require a bit in your PC but its worth it.

6. Salvador Floresca says:

My client right now is Garena. Because I love playing Dota 1. I used to have Steam but I’m lazy to download it right now. I’ll do it when I have free time or when I’m in the mood.

7. Randy says:

MIco Robin you don’t have to pay. There are many games out there that you can download through the internet. Many games are free to play. Try searching it on Google.

8. Rebi says:

Not totally a gamer here but I do love games and this helps me to know about games

9. gummy says:

I use Steam because I think it’s the best gaming client. It provides top quality AAA games and has a huge library with loads of free gaming options.

10. Arthur says:

This is really good information for anyone who is looking for a gaming client. I’m not one of them though. I prefer things to be simpler. Buy a game. Install. Play. That’s it.

11. Ompong says:

I use Steam. My friends recommended it so I switched. And I say it’s better than the one I had before.

12. Jhun-Jhun says:

Ok so you guys listed these qualities. Now do you have a list where we can choose from? I don’t have a gaming client yet.

13. Isabelle Two says:

I am into indie games so I use Game Jolt. My favorite game is Demented Pixie. It’s really addicting.

14. Ydnar says:

I think for hardcore gamer out there, the most famous gaming client is Steam. I myself is one of them. I play Dota 2!

15. Sybel says:

My favorite gaming client is Garena. I play Dota 1 a lot. I’m so old fashion though.

16. Ryan says:

I usually just play games using my steam account. I believe some others also provide good service, but I guess I just like my games in one place. Organized and just there. I’m just so used to using steam now.

17. IvyS says:

I miss gaming. I used to game a lot with my friends. Now I just end up being too busy and too tired from work. Very nice list though.

18. Butch says:

Steam seems to be in the lead of this race at the moment. They have a good selection of games. Goes to show, in any game system or platform, the number of quality games is a significant determinant of success in this industry.

19. an7on says:

Steam is definitely on top of the list for gaming client. From huge library of AAA games to free demos for new games they have the most extensive list in my opinion.

20. William says:

Steam baby, steam! The best of the rest! New titles, superb support too!

21. Jayson says:

I guess most of your readers are into Steam, and I’m one of them! They have many new titles. Even the old ones are good too.

22. Ceci says:

I totally agree with you. I also look for quality rather than quantity. I’d prefer a top quality gaming library more than anything else.

23. Jimmyboy says:

Upon reading all the comments. All of them uses Steam. Maybe I’ll visit that site and see why.

24. Gary says:

Yes you’re right Jimmyboy. Steam is very popular. The most popular game in there is Dota 2. You should try it.

25. Esperanza Khan says:

This list is very useful. Personally i look at the customer service reviews of a gaming client since that is very important to me

26. Jem says:

Thank you for this list.. Very convenient information before i get any games.

27. Sly says:

I want it to be very easy to use. That’s the main thing that I’m looking for in a gaming client. I don’t like a maze-like interface, it gives me migraines.

28. Maria says:

This is a good read for my daughters who are gamers. I will pass this along. Thank you!