Top 5 Gaming Forums For Video Game Talks. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

One of the biggest myths about gamers is that they’re all anti-social. But in reality, the flipside is true. Gamers love to socialize through their preferred methods of communication. There are ways to enjoy games other than playing them watching others like watching others live stream their sessions and participating in many modern gaming forums.

Here are the top 5 Gaming Forums:

1. NeoGAF: NeoGAF was launched as one of the Gaming-Age Forums back in 1999. It represented the Gaming-Age website for gaming news and reviews. Today, NeoGAF lies in the Top 1000 most-visited websites in the US, according to Alexa and is one of the greatest gaming forums on the Web. In fact, NeoGAF is regarded as a mega forum for this reason. It is really hard to find a larger gaming community than NeoGAF due to its 700,000 threads and 95 million posts.
  2. GameFAQs: The GameFAQs was launched back in 1995. It is one of the oldest gaming-related websites to survive on the Internet. It started as a repository of FAQs and user-written walk-throughs for all kinds of games, but ultimately expanded to include other aspects like forums and reviews. GameFAQs is somewhat unique in that it devotes a separate message board to every single video game in its database. The user can also hit the main boards if they want to discuss topics that aren’t specific to a particular game. There you’ll find system-specific boards, special interest boards, and other boards irrelevant to gaming.
  3. IGN Boards: However, IGN as a website incorporates all kinds of media, entertainment, but its main focus rests on gaming. Reviews and Latest News make up the focus of its content, but it also publishes sober content from time to time. Similarly, the IGN’s forums cover all kinds of topics beyond video games, including comics, anime, hardware, sports, and even current events. But gaming is the heart and soul of this forum, and there’s no lack of discussions to participate here. The IGN Boards don’t have the same level of integration like that of the GameFAQs boards, so it may feel a bit disorganized and chaotic. However, the IGN community is much nicer and more mature than other gaming communities, which is a point in its favor.
  4. GameSpot Boards: Once GameSpot was one of the special resources for top-notch gaming news and reviews, but has fallen a few steps down over the last decade or so. But it’s still a useful site and remains to bring in millions of viewers every month.
  5. Reddit: It would be hypocritical to compile a list of extensive gaming communities and skip over Reddit, which is one of the healthiest communities on the Web. In fact, Reddit is apparently the most suitable online community at this time, so you need to consider it once. With over 9.5 million members, Reddit is simply immense. It’s also quite superficial with 90% of upvoted posts consisting of image macros, memes, and fluff. But it is a great source to kill time and have a few laughs. Nothing beats it.

Which gaming forums are you using? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

28 thoughts on “Top 5 Gaming Forums For Video Game Talks

1. Thalib says:

I’d say Reddit. But it’s easy to get lost in it with thousands of topics to choose from. i find myself straying to non-gaming topics most of the time! Still, it’s a great place for gaming or non-gaming topics.

2. Marcus says:

GameFAQs is my go-to site. I’m not that old yet ok! LOL! I’m just used to its format and I’m a creature of habit. So even though there a new ones (and I do check Reddit and GameSpot Boards every now and then), GameFAQs is still the best for me.

3. Rebi says:

Reddit so far is a familiar site for me to go to. But checking out on others is also a good try.

4. Ricardo says:

Thank you for the list. I’ll visit them sometimes to see what gamers are up to these days.

5. Salvador says:

I’ll check out NeoGaf and see why is it on the top list. I bet it’s a wonderful site.

6. Jerwin says:

Pretty good list. Very convenient information, thank you very much.

7. TrishaMay says:

I usually just check out reddit. I’ll definitely check out the other sites.

8. Kiki D. says:

I’ve recently become a member of NeoGAF and I’m so glad I registered on that site. It has a great community and I feel like I belong there.

I’ve heard of some of these forums but never participated in any. I know reddit has very active users and it looks like even gamers here are active there as well.

10. Christa Carbajal says:

I go to gaming forums so I get clues on the easiest way to go through game levels! You may call me lazy but hey, I don’t have much time on my hands for an immersive in-game analysis! Ha ha

I’m a self-confessed gamer, too. Live with it! 😀

11. NapoleonH says:

Where can I possibly go to ask about where to download old video games? I mean, I’ve been meaning to install the downloadable versions of CStrike and SCraft BW for some time now. Any clues will be greatly appreciated!

1. Hi Napoleon, you can try Steam. We’ve seen them carry older versions of games and they give great discounts too.

12. Xavier says:

The only one I very rarely use as a reference on this list is Reddit. The rest, especially Gamefaqs, has been my gaming buddy for quite a while now. I especially like the way they review new games as well. I don’t really believe in the reviews, but I find them very entertaining.

13. Celine says:

Reddit is the most credible. Sorry guys, we all have our own preferences. But Reddit is huge and everything is there. I’ve tried some on this list but no one else comes close.

14. Hafish says:

Hey guys! Thank you for coming up with this list. I just started gaming about a year ago and I’m not a member of any forum yet although I try to check with them from time to time. Reading on the comments here, I think I already have one in mind!

15. Dolores says:

I used to visit GameFAQs a lot way back in college. The site not just contain forums, it also have tips and tricks for all games out there.

16. Lucifer says:

GameFAQs and IGN are very famous. I was not surprise they are on the top list. They have a lot of forums and members.

17. Arthur says:

The only one I am familiar with is GameFAQs. I didn’t really feel the need to use anything else. But I guess I will take a look into the others on the list.

18. Lizzie says:

GameFAQs is one of the oldest forums. I used it a lot but when I realized that the contents aren’t updated as often as before, I searched for other forums. I’m still using it but I’m now more active on Reddit.

19. Goliat says:

I agree, IGN Boards is better than most forums. When I joined everybody was very welcoming and understood I was a newbie. I joined other forums later and the people aren’t as open. Great article!

20. Misty says:

I like IGN Boards because the members are very nice. They are very welcoming especially to new members. There are no trolls too.

21. Schauffer says:

The IGN Boards is very nice and famous. A lot of the people there are helpful and nice. it’s no surprise that it’s one of the top 5.

22. Jay Francisco says:

I’m familiar with IGN, Reddit and GameFAQs. I’m not surprise they are in the list.

23. Chad says:

Wow amazing numbers by NeoGAF! 700,000 threads and 95 million posts. That’s a lot!

24. Isabelle Two says:

I like Reddit because it’s always updated 24/7. Redditors post the funniest gaming memes on the internet.

25. zhangisiung says:

From the 5 sites mentioned above GameFAQs is the one i visited most. The sites have most of the cheat for every games, and also you can get saves file from another player, it really helps especially if you screw up and accidentally delete your 100+ hours game saves. Reddit is also a good site and not just for gaming, though it is currently blocked in my area.

26. Ant0n says:

Yea IGN board is far more mature than GameFAQs board for sure. Less troll and less meaningless flame war. Although i do enjoy having a nice debate and different point of views about the games that i played, however i prefer a debate done with respect to each other.

27. Butch says:

After all these years, GameFAQs is still a very good reference for video games. It has created itself quite a history and reputation. I’ve already known of its existence during my earlier years of gaming. However, I considered the site as a spoiler. I only began using it as a very reliable reference when I was already working. Having less time for games, its been a very helpful complement to my hobby.