Hello again! Today’s Art Tutorial 4 is presented by our lead artist Marcos. The tutorial is presented using an art software called GIMP, which may be downloaded and used for free. Who doesn’t like free right? There are other softwares out there both free and licensed and all the art softwares have similar basic features. The layouts will be different, but the basic functions will be same. To follow along you will have to study your software and figure out where the buttons/tools are. Or you may just use the free GIMP software being used in this tutorial to keep things easy.

Marcos discusses silhouettes uses Project-X Champion Travour as his model. If you have any questions please contact us through our blog on saljackenterprises.net or you may tweet us @essjay_ent. More art tutorials to follow. We hope you enjoy this video!

One correction to the video: Towards the end, it says the next tutorial is Guestures. Correction is “Gestures Drawing”.

All art images in the video are Copyrighted to Saljack Enterprises, LLC with All Rights Reserved.

Music by: Topher Mohr and Alex Elena

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

32 thoughts on “Art Tutorial 4: Silhouette with Project-X Champion Travour

1. luckypotucky says:

Very nice tutorial. Only suggestion is that some of the buttons that the artist is clicking cannot be viewed. Otherwise very nice. Thank you for sharing!

2. Stanley says:

Very nice! Man I love that guy’s muscles. Wish I was like him. Maybe you guys can do a tutorial on a different software each week? Just an idea.

3. kim says:

must admit that each video is better and better. i subscribed to your channel. keep these videos coming please

4. baja h says:

I like this guy marcos but maybe you can put a nice cute girl to talk? Art is good. Thanks.

5. Maria S. says:

You know what I would like to see? Some animal drawings. Maybe one of the heroes can have a pet or something? Nice video.

6. Rebi says:

You’re a good artist! nice tutorial man, hoping to watch more of these!

7. Mick says:

You use GIMP too? That’s so cool. I also use GIMP but I can never draw as good as you can.

8. Christiana says:

I used to use gimp a lot when I was just using basic editing.. I’m not really good at it, so that looks pretty awesome. Good job

9. Jerry says:

Thats pretty cool! I wish I was good at editing! I wanna draw some manga!

10. Enzo Manalo says:

I really liked this tutorial. Its great that they also included the software GIMP that they used, which is free, so I can immediately try it out myself. I’ll be subscribing to your channel and will be waiting for more content. Thumbs up!

11. K.hai says:

Wow! Just found myself a nice program! And its free! Good for beginner like me!

12. S.S. says:

I only have ever drew on paper. Now I think its ttime for me to start learning to draw on a computer program since a market is bigger. Thanks for sharing a really nice program, I’ll start with this one 😉

13. Karina says:

Not so good with GIMP but this tutorial made it look so easy to use it! And some buttons can’t be viewed in the video.

14. Lamont says:

Another tutorial! Thank you for this, now I can follow along. Great job on the muscles!

15. Janine says:

I suck at editing. I wish I could be a pro at it. Seems to be a lot of fun drawing stuff and making a manga or something.

16. Alysia says:

That’s pretty amazing! I used GIMP before, can’t say I’m good at it.

17. Ricardo says:

Is it just me or I’m seeing that the character Travour have some resemblance with the person in the beginning of the video? Hehe, anyways very nice drawing. Another masterpiece!

18. Salvador says:

What device is he using? I wanna see the whole device! It looks awesome.

I’m curious to know how long it took you to create this art? Same as with the above comment, I want to know the device you used, too!

I’ve heard about Gimp but haven’t tried it out yet.

20. Kiki D. says:

Thanks for introducing me to the GIMP software. I love that it’s free and seems very easy to use. I’m looking forward to your next video tutorials.

21. MayDThorn says:

I’m just thinking out loud but could Marcos possibly do tutorials using something besides GIMP? I know it’s free and all but isn’t there a learning curve when using one software and shifting to another?

Just floating an idea here, take it or leave it… 🙂

1. Hi MayDThorn, we’re planning to explore many different softwares for our followers. If there is one in particular you’d like to see, please let us know.

22. Anyon_H says:

Wow! These art tutorials sure are helpful to budding artists like myself! Thanks for the tips, Marcos!!

I’d like to know, though, if you used a tab or something for the caricature. Great shirt by the way, man! 🙂

23. Roger says:

Thanks for the tutorial. Your videos are getting better, but what kind of mic is he using to talk, sound distorted, or maybe it’s just that the volume of the mic is up to loud. Perhaps you guys should get a sound engineer. Anyways, keep improving!

24. Xavier says:

What ever he is using to draw, I want one of that! I’m getting tired of scanning my sketches from paper. I wanna be able to draw direct into my computer like in this video. Coloring would probably be easier as well. The pen seems more accurate for this purpose compared to a mouse. No mess as well!

25. Paz says:

I tried GIMP after watching this video and it took me a while to get used to it. Anyway, I’m still practicing now and still trying to draw a muscle!

26. Marleigh says:

Hey some buttons aren’t visible. Marcos makes it so easy with those silhouettes. Lemme download GIMP and give it a go!

27. Joy says:

He is very talented. I used to draw a lot when I was in high school. But now I never even touch MS Paint. More video please!

28. Lee says:

Can you draw two people fighting with each other. That will be awesome to watch.

29. Kitz says:

Wow! You are really great! This art tutorial is really helpful. Will try to do it with my students during our class. Thanks for sharing us techniques and ideas!

1. Very welcome Kitz. We will be publishing many more art tutorials with different styles, techniques and software so stay tuned. 🙂

30. gummy says:

I gained so many insights about drawing thanks to this video. It’s really educational. Someday, I want to be able to effectively use GIMP for my artwork.