Standard Keyboard v/s Gaming Keyboard. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Are you planning to buy a gaming keyboard? Want to know why gaming keyboard is better than a standard keyboard for playing video games? A gaming keyboard is specifically designed for gaming purpose, and it has lots of additional and amazing features as compared to an ordinary keyboard. Here are some of the key differences between the two.

LCD Screen: LCD is an essential part of a gaming keyboard. This feature lets the gamer monitor system performance or displays in the game statistics on the keyboard.

Programmable Keys: You might want to place the keys according to your usability and comfort. This feature lets you re-program some or all of the keys according to your desired action so that you can  activate them for trigger sequences of moves and in-game actions and trigger sequences using macros with a single button press.

Game Mode: This mode automatically locks the Windows key to prevent you from returning to your desktop while playing your favorite game.

Backlighting: You might have noticed that mostly the intense gaming takes place in a dark ambiance and that is where the backlight helps you. It lets you see your keys even if it’s very dark. And these lights even look very beautiful and elegant. You would definitely love to play in the environment created.

Multimedia Control Keys: This feature lets you change the volume levels simply and provide easy mp3 control while playing a game without having to switch back to your home screen.

Anti-Ghosting: You might have faced the issue where the keyboard does not respond to multiple keystrokes at all or there is a delay or the keyboard lag a lot. Anti-Ghosting feature manages this problem by letting the gamer press all of the keys simultaneously without any delay of response. This is an important  feature for any gamer because many a times the gamer have to use multiple keys at the same time to execute a particular move.

Wireless: Most gaming keyboards are wireless so that users can comfortably use the keyboard even from a distance. Gamers are so addicted to playing more and more games that they don’t want any hindrance while playing their game and with the wired keyboard they may not comfortably move.

Do you use gaming keyboard? Tell us about your experience in the comments!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

13 thoughts on “Standard Keyboard v/s Gaming Keyboard

1. Miaka Yuuki says:

I imagine there is a difference but its not a big of a deal because a keyboard is still a keyboard no matter what. But I have seen a wireless keyboard but not a ganing one

2. MIco Robin says:

anti ghosting? What does that mean how does that help with the keyboard? Sorry newbie here and to me all keyboard are the same.

3. Joao says:

Those backlights distract me so I prefer one without backlights. Back in the day, a standard keyboard was fine with me. But with new games, it just won’t do. Just like the anti-ghosting feature, which is very important.

4. Tony says:

Hey guys any recommendation on what’s the best gaming keyboard out there? Or maybe a list of the top 5 gaming keyboards? That’s what I’m gonna get for Christmas and I am now confused after checking out lots of websites. Help!

5. It’s important to find a keyboard that is fast and suitable for your gameplay. Everything’s going wireless these days, it seems it’s the way to go.

1. Stanley says:

I don’t know, I’m still old school. I feel it awkward with wireless keyboards and mice. I always feel I don’t know when I’ll run out of battery lol

6. alfred says:

Awesome! The gaming keyboard really has a lot of amazing features. It can really give you the best gaming experience.

7. richard says:

Great article! Now that I know what the features of a gaming keyboard are, I will really be looking forward to buying a new keyboard. I can’t wait to try it myself!

8. Badongzkhie says:

Thanks for doing this article. I was wondering the differences but now I know it. I was just scared that it is wireless because I used to have a wireless mouse and it was a pain in the ass. It was not working properly and it consumes lot of energy from the batteries. But I guess gaming keyboard is different.

9. Rick says:

I would like to try gaming keyboards. I saw one that glows in the dark. It was amazing.

10. Piper says:

I don’t use a gaming keyboard but my boyfriend does. It has so many features which I find so cool and strange at the same time.

11. Christian says:

I have never used a wireless keyboard or controller… And I honestly don’t want to. I’m satisfied with what I use right now.

12. JohnyJohn says:

I don’t think It’s necessary to buy a gaming keyboard.. but if you have money to waste, why not.. go for it.