Deciding what to do with your career is not the hardest part. But deciding where to do is the hardest! Since you have decided that you want to join game designing, now all you need to be sure of is where to do it. If you plan and choose to ask five different people, each of them would have a different answer. This is because they choose according to the parameters and their desires. Some would want to stay in their home city, while some want cities with exciting night lives, while others would want a quiet and clean city. Everyone has a different perspective in this case. They all have their merits and demerits such as the job opportunities, etc.
Now, where to look for it? The best thing is that game designing is all over the world. This gives you a lot of options. The main categories that students look for in a city before choosing it, are mentioned below:
- Developers and publishers
- Virtual Reality
The main number we looked at listed the number of developers in a city. Based on the categories, the top 10 cities have been listed below by studio density:
- London – It has 108 Studios in total. The London city is a good place and an attractive study destination as well. Even though people complain about the bad food and some restaurants, there are a lot of different cuisine choices and many other great restaurants in this place along with the vast number of Game studios. You are eventually bound to find something here.
- San Francisco – It has 107 studios and takes the second place. You can design games while enjoying the beautiful bay view.
- Tokyo – This might have been your guess as well that you would see this on the list since it is a hotbed for game designers. Well, it is not on the top, but at the third position. It has about 101 studios. It is not disappointing since, if you are looking for a dense city in an island nation, this is the best spot you can get!
- Paris – This is a town of hazelnut spreads and romance. The city is known for its love filled atmosphere and beauty. Other than that it has 85 game studios for those who love game designing.
- Austin – Now, this is the US where everyone wants to come at least once in their lifetime. But Austin, Texas falls under the 5th position here. It has 74 video game – oriented studios.
- Los Angeles – The double play or even back to back, whatever you want to call it. We stay with the USA at the 6th position as well. LA has an impressive 69 gaming studios.
- Seattle – The Hattrick! Well, US strikes again where Seattle has a total of 67 studios for gaming in it. The city is known for its continuous rains. So stay inside and get gaming here!
- Montreal – Now, we get to Canada, where Montreal is the next with about 58 studios.
- Vancouver – Based in Canada, Vancouver is another gaming station with about 54 studios overall.
- Toronto – The third and final in Canada is Toronto, which is a Game developer Haven. It has 38 studios, which is a far cry from the London’s 108 studios but is still has enough to make a list.
So, where would you hit into for your gaming career out of the cities mentioned above or do you have another city in mind which is greater than those mentioned above? Comment here and let us know your thoughts on it.
DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH/REPOST/REBLOG/QUOTE ANY ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY US.