Game Development and Animations Video Blog

Why to Buy Consoles Right Now? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Are you looking forward to buying Consoles? Consoles are recommended for a good reason, but if you’ve been thinking off on buying one, right now is the best time to do it. Let’s look at why:

Simplest Way to Game: Consoles are the best and simplest way to play games. For a few dollars, you get a console system that helps you to play all the latest games. They are way cheaper than a PC, have a far less particular control system, and plug straight into your TV with no hassle. The other benefit is that various publishers design and optimize their games especially for consoles. Game Developers make games that consoles can handle and they’re good at getting every last CPU cycle out of the console. The Game on a console seems way better than on a PC with similar specs.

But this just explains why you should buy a console. Now, let’s consider why it is a perfect time to buy a console now.

More Impressive Games on the Horizon: It takes a few years for game developers to get a handle on each console generation. The best games definitely come towards the end of their life cycle. In the years between the two games releases, the developers learn how to get so much more from the systems. With the three years into this generation, we’re starting to see developers getting a grip with the hardware they’ve got to play with. Over the next one or two years, we’ll see the awesome games getting released, the classics that everyone remembers defining the generation.

4K Is Here: 4K TVs were considered as the waste of money this year. The content was not enough to justify the extra expense. Now, there’s more 4K stuff to watch, and the cost has come down. You can pick up a good 4K TV for less than $500. All of them support 4K gaming. Lots of games will look much better on your 4K new TV. In the coming years, the cost is going to drop. Hence, it makes sense to buy a console that is going to stay relevant for the next few years.

Superior Experience Is on the Way: 4K isn’t the only big advancement in the gaming visuals. Virtual reality is here. Out of the consoles, the $400 PlayStation VR headset has the best VR support so far. This generation of consoles is the first to support it suitably. If you want to get into this experience, now is the time to buy.

Have you bought a console lately? What made you buy it now? Let us know in the comments section.

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

50 thoughts on “Why to Buy Consoles Right Now?

1. Honey T. says:

The best reason to buy consoles now? To give them away to nephews, nieces, and anyone you know who’s young at heart this Christmas! 😀 Ha ha

I once wanted one for myself but I guess I’ve outgrown the desire to get one.

2. Zelda S. says:

Can anyone tell me where to buy the best deals on consoles? I was planning to buy them off Amazon but I want to know if I could find cheaper rates elsewhere. 🙂

Frankly, I’m surprised that anyone likes VR. It made me dizzy when I tried one at this techie conference I went to a few weeks back!

3. Sloane says:

I wish someone would just give me a console as a Christmas gift. That way, I won’t have to buy it anymore.

4. KrishaL says:

Consoles are very fun. I just use my PC more though.

5. Kenneth says:

I prefer PC’s over consoles.. I just do anything on my computer now haha

6. Badongzhie says:

Hey have you heard? Dota 7.00 is coming. I want to buy a high-end pc for me to play that game. But I’m assuming it’s expensive. What shall I do?

7. Alfredo says:

I feel you Dae. If only consoles are cheap hehe. Does anyone knows any site that sells cheap consoles?

8. Dae says:

So many new consoles, so little cash. Hahaha… it’s sad but it’s true. I guess I need to work harder then.

9. Jim says:

I’m gonna get 4K TV for Christmas! So what’s the latest console to be released? Help me guys cuz I’m gonna buy one too!

10. Ricki says:

VR is the future, I think. How can consoles complement that platform? It’s been years since I bought a console, and that console was given away after two years because nobody’s using it.

11. alfred says:

This is so true. Thanks for the article. I now have the idea on when is best to buy my favorite consolea.

12. AmyK says:

PC games all the way! Now, I just have to wait for sales on steam to find new games!

13. KelvinLee says:

I miss my consoles.. I enjoyed playing it when I was in high school, but I’m just more on PC.

14. Fama says:

I never experience other consoles other than playstation. Hm, I’m thinking of purchasing one. What do you recommend?

15. Cochran says:

Consoles are getting cheap because they are getting old. But even though they are old, the games produce is amazing!

16. Katy says:

I’ve been playing on PC lately…I still have to check if there will be new consoles coming out. And if they’re worth the extra bucks.

17. Marco says:

I’m not as excited to buy consoles now than five years ago. I dunno why. Not many good titles? More of the same?

18. Jacques says:

VR is the next level. I never liked first-person shooters or adventures before, but the ones in those machines seem absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to get my hands on them!

19. Meg says:

I saw the Nintendo Switch reveal on Fallon last night and I really want to get it. I read that it will be released on March next year so I will have to wait till then. 🙂

I haven’t bought a console lately but then I’m not a hardcore player so I’m happy with the PC/Smartphone. I do believe it’s still the simplest way to play games though.

21. Dugan Dimick says:

Speaking of consoles, I heard you can now get a NES Classic for just $60… for its nostalgic value, I recommend anyone from the 90s to get one now BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE! 🙂

22. Ulbrecht Sheffer says:

People nowadays install games in their PCs and smartphones… the result? Laggy machines.

Get a console if you want to play games on your downtime and save tons of RAM off your notebooks, mobile phones, and whatnot.

23. Annabelle Lee says:

Personally, I prefer PC’s now over Consoles.
    Consoles are nice though.

24. Juan Fidel says:

Some people sell their console because they want to purchase a latest version of that console. So if you are just a casual gamer, used console will be better for you I guess.

25. Josie says:

These days are the best date to buy a console because they are cheap. Most of them are consoles which weren’t able to sell to customers. Those are the left ones. So what the seller will do is to lower the price of it.

26. Iago says:

Yes, buying a console right now is a good decision. If you wanted to upgrade in the future, you can always sell it to buy a new one.

27. Chie says:

I’m a fan of Consoles! Not only are they the best and simplest way to play games they are actually really affordable.

28. Virginia says:

I perfectly agree with this article! Most especially that virtual reality is actually on the rise.

29. Annie says:

I used to like consoles to be honest. Well, I still like them but after playing games on my PC, it’s kinda weird using a controller again after using the keyboard for a long time haha.

30. Martin says:

Consoles are far superior than PCs when it comes to gaming! Quite excited for the holidays as I will be buying a new Ultra HD telly. Finally I will be able to enjoy those 4K games!

31. Doreen says:

Hey who got the new Mini NES? I know it’s not much but for old time’s sake you know? Nintendo is the best for me, so I might get one for Christmas!

32. Yeah, christmas is always a good time to buy a good gaming system. Do you know what is the superior console right now?

33. Maury Cheskes says:

Gaming technology is taking off with 4K and virtual reality. I wonder what other innovations are soon to come.

34. Elaine says:

“The best games definitely come towards the end of their life cycle.” What I think that, no matter which products, even the best products might have the life cycle. We might catch everything we need.

35. Sven says:

My first gaming console was the Sony Playstation. The very first one released that is colored gray. Loved every moment I had played with it. I have every console that Sony had ever released. Although the next step looks like the VR systems, I found myself going retro for some reason. Just bought the NES and SNES with a couple of their carts whose game graphics are very much outdated but are really fun to play.

36. Isabelle Two says:

I will just wait till the end of the year to buy a console. I can save a lot if I buy electronics after the Christmas rush is over.

37. Zed says:

It’s indeed a great time to buy consoles. With Christmas fast approaching, there are so many great deals on Amazon now. I have been wanting to buy the mini NES Classic Edition for Christmas but it’s currently sold out.

38. Salvador says:

I have never experience VR. Is it good?

39. Ricardo says:

True, console is cheaper now becuase it’s been years since they were given to the public. Also as with the 4K TV. Better start saving your money hehe.

40. Lutgardo says:

My last console was five years ago, sold it after two years because I was more focused on upgrading my PC. I still haven’t decided to buy again. Maybe I’ll check on the new titles and see if they’re worth it.

41. Robert says:

Cheers! Will be getting a new console on Boxing Day! I plan to give my old console to a charity shop, it’s four years old. I guess I deserve a new one then!

42. mikey says:

This is how I would rank the consoles:
    1.) PS4
    2.) Nintendo
    3.) XBOX

1. Alpha says:

Its all very opinionated, I wouldn’t put Nintendo over Xbox though.

1. sa says:

Why not?

1. Alpha says:

Well right now Nintendo just stopped production on the WiiU and the Switch is coming but it is not here yet. The lack of games plagues the WiiU.currently. They have no real winning system yet

43. Dan says:

Just putting this out there that VIVE is probably the top in VR right now.

44. Sinomoto says:

For anyone interested in VR gaming, Trinus VR (Android and PC) are great apps. Other related apps you may need are Moonlight (Android). FreePIE IMU (Android, for headtracking). And Opentrack (PC, to receive the headtracking info from the phone wirelessly). An optional program that can convert non 3D multimedia into 3D for use with VR headsets is called TriDef 3D. Nice article. Thank you for sharing.

45. mj says:

I don’t know if consoles are better than PC. It’s easier to upgrade a PC vs. a console. I do like console gaming but for VR I think PC are better. My opinion of course.

1. Steve says:

Really? It’s so convenient to play on a console vs. a pc.

46. jason says:

Oh yeah. Some good titles on the way from the 360 console too. Good times around the corner!