Game Development and Animations Video Blog

Hello everyone! This second art tutorial is presented by our lead artist Marcos. He discusses the different warm up techniques used by our artists. Towards the end of the video, the warm up exercises are combined to show how they may be used to begin an artwork. The artist also explains that this process is somewhat similar to the Project-X Champion Shailan’s warm up techniques, the Katas, which are used for muscle memory and increased efficiency during combat.

We have a few studios around the globe and the equipment in all studios is not the same, so the video quality will vary depending on where the video was taken. Please use the pause button on the video to help with reading the text describing the art process. We hope you enjoy the video! More art videos to follow soon.

Music by: Silent Partner

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

41 thoughts on “Art Tutorial 2: Warm Up Exercises with Project-X Champion Shailan

1. Sven says:

Is the speaker also the artist? Not that it matter. I’m just curious. The tutorial video is quite easy to follow. If only my hands have better pen-handling and motion control, I can probably make a lot of progress in learning to draw like that!

2. Isabelle Two says:

Cool tutorial! I am an art student so I can really use what I learned here and apply it in my course. I really appreciate you sharing these techniques with us, your readers/viewers. Thanks a lot!

3. jeremiah says:

this is really interesting. i guess different artists have different “style” of warm ups before they work on a piece. this is definitely something i should try.

4. zech says:

this is really nice. The only warm up i do before drawing is different wrist movements and some stretching.

5. Zed says:

Amazing… I love Shailan’s facial expression and poses. He really looks like someone you don’t want to mess up with.

6. Elisa says:

You can definitely see that the warm up exercises is being use when he was drawing Shailan. Very cool indeed.

7. Anthony says:

Yeah me too Jesus. I want to see more characters being drawn.

8. Jesus says:

Do you have a tutorial on the other characters? Sorry, too lazy to scroll hehehe. But this is good stuff. I hope you do more.

9. Stephen says:

This is so cool! I wish you could do this sort of tutorial like, once a month. I really wanna be an art illustrator. I’ve been practicing the Manga style but I want to learn more!

10. Elaine says:

“Towards the end of the video, the warm up exercises are combined to show how they may be used to begin an artwork” What I think that, no matter which exercises you are working out, it is better to try the warm up exercises for you to continue

11. Maury Cheskes says:

Personally, I like going all out when making a drawing without sketching the outline beforehand. I like the continuous style. You end up getting a lot of raw emotion onto the paper when you’re less finicky about what goes where. Thanks for the video.

12. Drake says:

I’ve always wanted to learn how to draw characters in fighting poses. This tutorial is really helpful for what I want to learn. Everything is explained and can be observed simply enough.

13. Virginia says:

Looking forward to more art videos! I didn’t know that our brain needed a warm up before the start of an artwork.

14. Chie says:

I’m glad that there is a discussion on the different warm up techniques. I would definitely try this!

15. Eloise says:

I thought warm-up exercises were just for physical fitness but I was wrong. I didn’t know that comic artists need to do warm-up exercises too. Yay! I just learned something new today. 🙂

16. oyen says:

interesting, and i always thought that artist just draw or paint anything when inspiration comes to them. I didn’t know they also do warm up exercises like these.

17. greg says:

this is really nice, even for a person like me who doesn’t draw. I will definitely share this to my brother who’s studying art in school. I might want to try it too, just for fun.

18. Paulene G. says:

Nice video tutorial, I wish I could do that. In my 30 years of existence, until now I can’t draw a normal human. It always end up like a man/woman with disability.

19. Qiu Qiu says:

Impressive!! I love this video series. It’s very educational. I’m inspired to try these techniques and draw something for the sheer fun of it even though I know I’m bad at it.

20. Virginia says:

He’s a great artist. What country is this saljackenterprises located at? I’m curious.

1. Hi Roman, we’re located in USA.

21. Michelle says:

Wow I didn’t know that drawing has warp up too. It’s like when your going to the gym and do stretches first before doing the workouts.

22. Danny Luei says:

This is the first time I watch a video like this, this art tutorial is very helpful for those who really want to learn a lot of techniques to draw from it. That really motivated me to try it! Thank you very much … I really can’t wait for the next one. Thumbs up…

23. Celine says:

Do we have this boy’s backstory already? Is he the one with the twin? I’m lost. Great tutorial, btw. Keep it up!

24. Awra says:

Thanks for sharing guys! It’s really interesting how you render all these great artworks. And now we know how! I’m a fan!

25. Chloe says:

The artist is really good! The tutorial video, in its entirety, is very helpful for those who really want to learn. It actually motivated me to give it a try! Thanks!

1. samantha says:

Same! I think this is a talented guy and their stories are pretty good. I’m looking forward to their next video!

26. Ash says:

Wow so cool! Thanks for sharing your talent with us. I really learned a lot of drawing techniques from this video. I can’t wait for the next one….

27. richard says:

Thanks for this video. I love the idea of warming up before drawing. I can’t wait to try this.

28. Salvador says:

I know someone when I was in high school, he was the best artist I get to know in my entire life. He is so amazing at drawing that when I see it, I get so amaze. His drawings are so detailed that you will be mesmerize.

29. alfred says:

Now that’s an amazing warm up. Thanks a lot for the video. I learned a lot from it.

30. Ricardo says:

Wow that’s a lot of hardwork. So Shailan’s power is physical. Do he have powers like telekinesis or something like that?

1. samantha says:

I don’t think so. I’ve read their stories and the heroes or “champions” all have different fighting styles. And the villains are all psychos. The two new children have telekinesis.

31. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

Thanks a lot for the video,. I will give this a shot and see if i can draw.

32. Kyo Kusagi says:

I love drawing but drawing does not love me lol. I will watch this though.

33. Martha says:

Great tutorial! I hope you come up with more of these especially other techniques that your artists use. What’s the best software/app to begin with?

34. Emma says:

I’m actually doing this now. Thanks for this very helpful tutorial! Hopefully I’ll be good enough to submit some of my artworks to you guys in the future!

35. sam says:

found myself here off twitter. keep up the good works yo!

36. Maria S. says:

There are many artists with so many different art styles and ways to draw. I like how this artist makes things look very easy. Anyone can follow these directions. I hope we see another video soon =}

37. Jackub says:

Another great video. It’s easy to follow and good techniques for beginners. Keep them coming!

38. Josh says:

A lot can be learned from simply watching the progress of the artwork. I really like how simple it is to follow. The other things done seem like exercises that can be done regularly for the purpose of pen-handling development.