Are you a hardcore game player or a casual game player? Do you mind playing with used games? Or you buy the latest game just after its release? For a casual gamer, it is very rare that he buys a new game. But still, many gamers think that buying a new game is a better idea. Here are some of the points that prove buying used games are not that bad!
- Since the gaming market is growing at a pace, gamers are much excited to buy the game as soon as it releases. But if you wait a bit, you can buy it at a genuine price because many people buy these games and if they feel that they don’t like it or if they have finished the game quickly, they prefer selling it. So one can definitely get a great deal!
- With used games, retailers remain to be interested in selling games, as there is a significant markup on offer to those who get it right. These retailers are also a source for new games, while they can bring people in with their used offerings, customers may leave having spent less money on new titles. If these retailers, prevent themselves from selling used games, they may go out of business entirely.
- Do you think that people have just started buying used games? No, used games aren’t a new phenomenon. Instead, they have been in the industry for many years, and yet it’s only now that there is a sudden push to reduce them. Imagine if there were no used games, how you would have played retro games and how would your offsprings or siblings play the games you are playing?
- The money saved from buying a new game can be used to buy a new game title. Those who think that people who are buying used games aren’t contributing anything to the good of the industry is totally ill-informed and illogical. Even those who particularly buy used games spend their saved money on peripherals and hardware, which is also contributing to the gaming industry.
- Buying pre-owned games are often the best and affordable way of getting into playing long-running series. You can easily buy the older titles cheaply, and you will then necessarily want to buy its future parts as soon as you can, which obviously means buying the new title. So, used games enhance the chance of gaining new fans for a classic series, which cannot be done if used games market is dead!
Hence, if the used games market dies, then the gaming industry is going to lose many enthusiast gamers along with the money they plow into their hobby.
Let us know your views on this subject, whether you agree or disagree, in the comments section!
DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH/REPOST/REBLOG/QUOTE ANY ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY US.