BOOK 2, P9: The Procurement Plan - Lucas' Escape. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertaiment.

Today we continue the main story-line and introduce the second key character, Lucas in part 9 of book 2. I hope you enjoy it!

Groom Lake, Nevada – Lucas’ Escape – May 15, 2023

Lucas remembered what it was like to see the sky. He also remembered his mother. Lucas missed both and it had been nearly 5 years since he had seen either one.

His mother had known of his powers since they first started to grow in him and had used them to her advantage. She had never been much of a parent but she was the only one he had and even though he resented her he still loved her. From the age of three she had used him as a way to make money to support her drug habit. Each day she would take him down to the street in their Detroit neighborhood and make him do little tricks for the people that would pass by. Bending a spoon, levitating a ball, small things that almost any street magician could fake. Lucas, of course, never needed to.

By the time he was four his mother decided that the small amount of change they would make everyday wasn’t enough and made a dreadful decision. She called Homeland.

The Government had been actively seeking out any children that may have been the offspring of the now missing super heros and had been offering large rewards for information that lead to the capture of the hybrids.

As the black SUV pulled away from his apartment complex, Lucas looked out the back window at his mother and waved goodbye although she didn’t see him. She was busy looking at the check they had just handed to her.

When Lucas first arrived at the facility he was told that they were going to do some tests on him and keep him safe from other people who might want to do him harm and he had no choice but believe them. As he grew older he realized that they had lied. He was a prisoner.

They kept him in a large room that looked like an airplane hangar with ceilings more than 50 ft high. There were no windows other than the wall of reinforced plexi-glass that housed a room where the scientists could observe him. They watched him all the time. Lucas’ favorite pastime was randomly levitating the tennis balls that were scattered around the hangar floor and hurling them against the plexi-glass wall directly at one of the scientists. He knew it wouldn’t break but he enjoyed watching them flinch.

At first a scientist would just come and get him and take him to different areas of the facility for testing but as he grew stronger they took extra precaution. It was as if they were growing scared of him. Now at the age of nine the only way he knew it was time for more testing was when the gas started coming out of vents. An hour later he would wake up somewhere else, restrained and blindfolded, people shoving needles into him.

He had been waiting a long time for this day to come. The day he was going to take back his freedom, take back his life. Lucas finally felt strong enough to try to escape and also felt a growing energy inside him that he couldn’t explain. Lucas knew that the telekinetic powers he had been playing with for years were only the beginning of what he was going to become. He missed the sky. He missed his mom.

Today he was going to see both.

A weird little man with glasses and his wife had been part of the last crew to perform tests on him and had slipped an access card into his jeans. He knew that the card would only get him out of the door of his hangar. How he got the rest of the way out of the facility was completely up to him and he had a few ideas.

(To be continued…)

That’s it for today! The next story, the conclusion to book 2, will be published the week of 12/06/2016, next week. We will also start publishing art tutorial videos weekly. We will continue publishing stories every week leading up to the anticipated Project-X announcement.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

30 thoughts on “BOOK 2, P9: The Procurement Plan – Lucas’ Escape

1. Ricardo says:

At last a new episode! He too have telekinetic power just like Dylan. Being prisoned for many years is sad. That is why he really took efforts to make his power stronger. At last he will be able to escape using the access card he stole.

2. Salvador says:

All the stories here are so cool. I want to see more characters with powers!

3. martha says:

Yah he not stole it! It was gave to him by Professor.

4. I really can relate with Lucas! I also want freedom. I miss my mom. Can’t wait for the next story!

5. Pip says:

Lucas’ mom is so horrible. How could any parent use her son for money to buy drugs? She’s utterly despicable. I’m a bit relieved she doesn’t have custody of Lucas now.

6. Corbin says:

Demi-heroes eh? Nice idea! It’s been a while since a scifi concept got me excited. Can’t wait to read the next part!

7. Maury Cheskes says:

I hope Lucas gets out of there and messes up those scientists with his mind. I bet he could use a nice slice of pizza when he gets out.

8. Ethan says:

Every chapter is so exciting! Make me imagine so much about the characters and actions, really i need the next chapter so soon!

9. Alberto says:

How can change everything in a history with only one new character! This is a reason for wait next!

10. Leila says:

Exciting! I wish I could see this in a movie. Awesome work guys!

11. Britney says:

His bloated face looks like he has Cushing’s syndrome. And he looks like girl. You need to work more on refining facial expressions.

12. Scott Summers says:

It is pretty hard to follow the story if we cannot even stick to one character without moving on to the next> What happebed to trevor and the gang IDK just jump to some random person out of nowhere.

13. Alex Summers says:

Again what is professor x doing here? When will we shift to the good guys?

14. alfred says:

Cool! Every episode really amuses me and waiting for another really gives me the thrill. I am already so excited and I can wait for the next episode.

15. richard says:

Nice story! This episode really amazed me. I can’t wait for the next!

I enjoyed reading this! Will Lucas and Dylan meet and be friends? Or will they be going against each other?

17. Victor says:

I wonder where will Lucas go? I’m excited for the new episode.

18. Ina says:

I wonder who is stronger? Dylan or Lucas. The story is getting interesting to me. I want more!

19. Mika says:

So Nathan and Dr. Zu work for the government? How shady. What is the government going to do with kids like Lucas? I hope he can escape but I highly doubt it because govt. security is really tough.

20. Josh says:

I am beginning to enjoy the progression of the story. It is beginning to look like something I would buy as an ebook or even paperback someday.

21. Eustaqio says:

I’m quite confused already. I wish you’d stick to a storyline rather than introducing the many characters one by one. You can actually do a backstory while following a storyline. That way we don’t have to backtrack to the other articles.

22. Djoanna says:

Great story! I’m excited to have the villains meet. How will the Professor do it? Next story ASAP!

23. Peter says:

That man in the glasses is so evil. He likes to play games with people that have abilities. I wonder what will be the next episodes?

24. Cloud says:

Lucas is strong now. I bet he can get out of that facility. I want to see more characters that have powers.

25. MIco Robin says:

I hope the rest of the team shows up. Because the professor is hogging the spotlight.

26. Miaka Yuuki says:

Again the question is which side is he on? I have not seen the heroes since forever.

27. alfred says:

Cool story line! I’m so amused on the succession of event. It really excites me a lot.

28. rico says:

Cool story line! I’m so amazed in the succession of event and episodes. I’m so excited and I can wait for the next episode.

29. Ash says:

Poor Lucas! He escaped from his abusive mom only to be used in some bizarre government research. I mean, can they give this poor boy a break? Sigh 😦

30. Chloe says:

Some part of the story reminded me of an old Drew Barrymore flick. Firestarter! That’s it! Mind powers… Experiments done on the character… Missing the parent/s… Uncanny!