BOOK 2, P8: The Procurement Plan - Dylan’s Abduction Day. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Mr. Smith invited Dylan and Dylan’s mother for a talk.

Today we introduce the first new key character, a young boy named Dylan, in part 8 of book 2. We’ll introduce the second new key character in the next story. I hope you enjoy it!

KANSAS- May 15, 2023- Dylan’s Abduction Day

Dylan knew they were coming. He knew that one day his secret would get out and they would take him away from his mom. Today was going to be the day that his world ended.

From as far back as he could remember he could do things, special things that other people only dreamed about and that made him different than everyone. Dylan didn’t want to be different, he wanted to be normal and he wanted to stay with his mom. He loved her so much and he knew it had been tough on her keeping the farm going since he was born and his Father had disappeared. A Father he never knew and that his Mother never talked about.

Almost nine years had passed and until today no one knew what he could do. That stupid bully at school had ruined everything. He didn’t mean to use his power but he felt he had no choice. Dylan knew that life as he knew it would end but he also knew that he was tired, very tired, of being pushed around everyday.

He discovered Telekinesis almost by accident. He remembered being in his crib as a baby and crying for his bottle but no one came. He didn’t blame his mom, it was the middle of the night after all. His bottle sat on the change table just across his room and the thought of being so close to what he wanted yet being trapped in his crib was driving him crazy. He reached out his hand and focused all of his energy on his bottle and the bottle inexplicably tipped over and fell off the change table.

A few years had passed and he had learned to focus his energy. He remembered after he had moved to a big boy bed that he missed his dinosaur mobile and created his own with the toys in his room. A simple movement of his fingers caused a circle of his favorite toys to float in a circular motion in the space between his bed and the ceiling. At first only for a few minutes until they came crashing onto his bed, then hours.

As he grew Dylan developed new hobbies as his power strengthened. One of his favorite things to do was to go out to the barn and disassemble the old rusty tractor, spinning its parts around the old beams then reassemble it piece by piece. As his ninth birthday neared so did the feeling that something new was growing inside him. A new power that would make him even more different and as much as he fought it it continued to consume him. He was scared of what was happening to him but excited at the same time.

Today he defended himself. He couldn’t help it. He had had enough. As the bully raised his hand for the usual slap across his head, Dylan simply looked directly at him and then moved his eyes upward. As he did the bully slowly rose off the classroom floor and ascended to the ceiling. There dangling from the ceiling the bully began to cry.

As his classmates fell silent, Dylan set the bully down and ran from the classroom. When he arrived at his barn he sat alone, waiting for them to come.

A Black Escalade slowly drove up the dirt road to his house followed by a man on a black Ducati and his Mother came out onto the front porch to see what they wanted. Dylan calmly walked out of the barn towards his Mother.

“Don’t worry Mommy” he said, “they are here for me.”

His Mom looked puzzled as the man on the Ducati took off his helmet. “Hi Dylan, Ma’am. My name is Mr. Smith. We are here to protect you. Dylan, can and you and your mom come inside and talk to us for a bit?”

As the Escalade pulled out of the old dirt driveway Dylan and his mother cuddled in the backseat. “Sorry Mom, I guess I have some explaining to do” said Dylan.

“I guess you do” smiled his Mother.

(To be continued…)

That’s it for today! The next story from book 2 may be published towards the end of this week. We may change our story publishing schedule to accommodate video tutorials. The schedule may change from two stories a week to one story a week and one video tutorial until the anticipated Project-X announcement. Please follow us to stay updated.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

28 thoughts on “BOOK 2, P8: The Procurement Plan – Dylan’s Abduction Day

1. Iago says:

Dylan is such a good son. I love that he’s very protective of his Mom. He doesn’t want to make her worry.

2. Thecla Wash says:

What if Dylan’s dad left because he had unimaginable powers that scared Dylan’s mom? And that Dylan would be the only one strong enough to oppose his growing evils? That would be an interesting plot twist, don’t you think? 🙂

I certainly liked the vibe of suspense in this one! Can’t wait for the next installment!

I like Dylan’s character already! Is he a champion or a villain? Anyway, nice to see a kid on-board.

4. Heidi says:

Dylan has telekinesis? How cool is that?!! I wish I have Dylan’s powers. I can just sit on the couch all day and use my powers to get food or drinks from the kitchen.

5. Safwan Awang says:

Telekinesis? That is cool. Dylan is a good boy, I can see that he is nice and teach well by his mother. Interesting story.

6. Jimi Go says:

Wow, what can I say? Apart from the great storyline, I’m also loving the artwork! Great story + phenomenal artwork = instant hit! Keep it up!

7. roisterous says:

Telekinesis seems like such a cool power to explore. I’m so interested in this Dylan character, I want to know what he does next, and whether he uses his abilities for good or for evil. I guess the bully incident can be classified as evil, but it was more reactionary than anything else.

8. Peter Alvarez says:

Cool story. Dylan looks like malnourished in the drawing. I wonder where they gonna take Dylan. The story is interesting.

9. Buddy Rust says:

Wow he have telekinesis. I would love to have that power. It’s amazing because he learned his power way back when he was a baby. I love the story. Can’t wait for the next episode.

10. Jhei says:

His powers seems fitting for his looks. The boy looks scrawny. Perhaps because he has little need for muscle bulk. What use would physical strength be for a person who doesn’t need it? The story is quite intriguing as well. I await the next part.

11. Maury Cheskes says:

Atta boy Dylan! Way to use telekinesis to take down bad guys. I wish I had that in pre-school.

12. Doreen says:

Dylan looks like an urban homeless boy than a farmboy. His loose, baggy clothes don’t help either. And his face looks gaunt. Nice story, but this artwork needs improvement.

13. Mansoor says:

Wow this is a surprise! I wonder who’s the next new character will be! This is getting exciting!

14. Hannah says:

Wow! Dylan is one of a kind. He knows he is going to be abducted but he willingly cooperates with his abductors. I find the whole thing really strange.

15. Dae says:

Is Dylan a clairvoyant? He seems to know what will happen in the future. If so, can he predict my future too? LMAO XD

16. Summer says:

Who is the owner of that motorcycle in the drawing? Is it Dylan’s mom? It can’t be with that guy because he is the driver of the limousine. That is weird?

17. Claire says:

When will be the next episode? I’m excited to know what will happen. Having powers is amazing.

18. If I didn’t know better I’d be weary about letting Dylan walk into Mr.Smith’s car. Good thing he knows mind bending action.

19. Chris says:

I love the fact that Dylan was able to control his powers at such a young age. I wonder what are Mr. Smith’s intentions?

20. Anthony says:

Dylan is very strong. Even if he doesn’t know Mr. Smith, he still managed to trust him. I guess Dylan knows that some people are aware of his powers.

21. Zach says:

Who took the kid? Intriguing! Men in Black? Agents of SHIELD? Haha! Can’t wait to read the next part for the reveal!

22. Bharat says:

Poor boy. Shades of X-Men huh? Mutant child being taken away from his family to be trained so he can use his powers properly. I wonder who will be Professor Xavier’s counterpart in this story.

23. Janeth says:

Does his power drain him of physical strength? Look at that boy’s body! He’s famished! A touch-up on this artwork is imperative, I reckon.

24. Alex Summers says:

Is professor x at it again? and who is this new kid> I haven’t seen him so far in the rogues gallery nor the heroes.

25. Scott Summers says:

It will be interesting to see which side will he be on. From what I have seen so far the heroes are loosing sure they have greater numbers but how good will that do if the other side has powers and stuff?

26. Nikki says:

Looking at Dylan, he maybe a boy but the way he talks make him a very serious or confident boy. It feels like he knew this will happen so he is not scared with Mr. Smith.

27. Mercury says:

I wonder if her mother have powers too? Because most of people who have powers are likely related to their parents. I mean it is in their genes.

28. I wish I also have Dylan’s powers. I don’t want to be normal! I want to live in fantasy.