Positive Effects Of Playing Puzzle Video Games. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Do you love solving puzzle video games? Playing video games have many advantages and are healthy for our brains. The impact of video games on the brain is same as the effect of wine on the health. Both have some poor effects. But, when consumed reasonably and at the right age, wine can be good for health. Video games are the same as they have some ingredients that are very powerful for brain learning, plasticity, vision or attention.

While playing puzzle video games, the brain regions that are responsible for memory formation, spatial orientation, and strategic planning work very well. The puzzle video game apparently had opposed in the way that memories are created in the brain, and this might be helpful to know how the brain works and creates these flashbacks. Some puzzle video games aim to improve mental agility and slow the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Various puzzle video games have the potential to fight against brain aging and to improve cognitive control. The puzzle-adventure video games can even modify the brain’s morphology and raise the volume of grey matter. In conclusion, these types of video games improve the intelligence.

The act of learning is what builds the grey matter, not the performance of the activity and by working on the problems brought up by puzzle video games, one learns how to find answers no matter how his performance is. Puzzle based video games improve the process of discovering the world that surrounds us. Various studies show that kids who play puzzle based video games are more creative when it comes to drawing and writing. The puzzle video games enhance verbal comprehension, visual and spatial processing, visual perception, topographic orientation, planning, and reasoning.

It is well known that activities such as Sudokus, crosswords, or puzzles are the perfect games chosen to exercise our brains. The puzzle video games are entertaining and help our brains to release endorphins, which are the cause of our well-being. These kinds of puzzle video games stop the risk of cognitive degeneration because while playing these video games one is using memory attention, strategy reasoning, and logic. Combining these advantages of puzzle video games with the benefits of video games means opening your brain for an intense and healthy workout.

Hence, puzzle video games activate the neuroplasticity of our brains, build the grey matter and wake up the thirst for learning and knowledge.

Have you played puzzle video games? Which is your favorite one? Let us know in the comments section!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

28 thoughts on “Positive Effects Of Playing Puzzle Video Games

1. ramon pika says:

One good question is if there are benefits to playing puzzles at different times of day? I wonder if any research has been done on this. I know certain games do help keep me stay sharp. Thank you for posting this.

2. evan says:

Nice. What about like the comment before me, any research on if games are bad for you? I can understand gaming companies presenting positive research to support their cause but there should be negative research to balance it out and be fair. But I like your article and please keep publishing. You guys are doing a good job and I will continue to follow this blog. Thanks.

3. Saleh says:

I like old school. Tetris is the best! You have to master this game first before moving on to more difficult stuff!

4. Chuck says:

I love puzzle games, on video or not. I agree on this article, puzzle games are the best way to exercise one’s mind. It keeps it active without stressing it too much.

5. Elaine says:

“It is well known that activities such as Sudokus, crosswords, or puzzles are the perfect games chosen to exercise our brains.” What I think that, not only people play the puzzles games to train our brains, it might also to train our language skills.

6. Maury Cheskes says:

I live and breed Lumosity which is filled with puzzle games that are good for the brain. They have games that test your memory, your attention span and your problem solving skills which all improve your cognitive behaviour.

7. Rey says:

Interesting Post, I never knew playing puzzle games can be beneficial. Can you tell me if there are scientific studies backing this?

8. emiD. says:

i once read in reader’s Digest that doing some puzzles could actually help lessen the chance of having dementia in old age. My mom did’t believe me but though. I still play puzzle games regularly, be it mobile puzzle games or your good old thousand to hundreds puzzle pieces.

9. Alice says:

Puzzles are the best!!! I totally agree with this article, it helps stimulate my brain and at the same time it gives me something to do when I’m bored.

10. Thirdy Salva says:

One of the oldest and timeless puzzle video games that has stood the test of time is Tetris. I remember during my younger days when I played Tetris with my friends all afternoon in our family computer. It surely gave us a lot of fun while stimulating our brains as we solved the puzzles.

I remember enjoying sudoku and tangrams puzzle games. It’s a great way to pass time plus if they could improve my brain, then why not? 🙂

12. aurora york says:

People tends to see only the negative side of playing video games. But again, we can’t simply generalize everything without knowing the whole situation. I always encourage people around me to try puzzle video games, or if they refuse to stare at the screen, they can try the old school way, like sudoku. Thank you for this post to spread the positive side of playing puzzle video games.

13. Hannah Mae Cortes says:

I used to be addicted to Candy Crush and Puzzle Bobble a few years ago but my favorite puzzle game is still Tetris. It’s an old one, I know but its’ really addictive. I can spend literally hours playing it without getting bored.

14. Kyo Kusagi says:

The top comment is weird. I know puzzles sharpens minds but what does the specific time of the day got to do with it?

15. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

Tetris is indeed one of those examples. However, in the higher levels i cannot keep up with the game speed. The best I got is level 12 he he.

16. Chris Lee says:

I love playing video games and puzzles. It helps me hone my concentration and reflexes. However, I strongly feel that sometimes it may be too addictive.

17. Weng Dale says:

Playing puzzle game while exercising your mind is like hitting the birds with one stone. This article is cool for it proved that not puzzle games aren’t a waste time only and could bring destruction to the mind of people.

18. Valerie Acunita says:

Puzzle games, even those that are played on handhelds like brick game, certainly keep the mind active and improve problem-solving abilities of children. I made sure that my kids got to play these types of video games before the more violent ones out there in the market.

19. ezzrayyan says:

Good info. I agreed that puzzle games can helps to improve problem-solving skills and stimulate brains. However, for kids, I prefer to give them play on the traditional method instead of the video games because too much video games also not good.

20. Beverly Getlein says:

Technology took away from this generation the joy of playing monopoly, scrabble, snakes and ladders and all sorts of “old school” board games. However, Puzzle video games could offer a viable alternative for tech savvy kids. I think I will concede to this.

1. Yesha Collins says:

Hey I used to play all those games you mention. But to think of it, you can browse the web for those games. I bet there is a site that offers those board games just like chess and puzzles.

21. Theon Hard says:

I have an app on my phone that is about puzzle. But why do I feel not creative at all? I used to love drawing, but now I don’t even have the time to do that because I prefer to do a more productive work.

22. mystique says:

Bro Its either you have either outgrown puzzles. or dont like it at all. However, a puzzle an be productive to mental wise.

23. Magneto says:

Bejeweled is an example of this. sure its no puzzle but its philosophy is the same.

24. roisterous says:

I agree with the fact that tetris is a wonderful game. I do also enjoy playing the electronic version of mah jong tiles. As it can be when playing tetris, it’s quite thrilling when you finish the game and all the tiles are gone because you did a wonderful job. It’s kind of like the idea of fighting crime, if the tiles are villains.

25. CarmelaDy says:

My mom finds it annoying and immature to see me play puzzles. She said that games are for kids and that I shouldn’t be playing any more of it since I’m way past that age. So I told here there are benefits to doing puzzle games beside the fact that it is also fun to do so.

26. Archie34 says:

playing games in his mobile was one of the things i taught my dad. He enjoys it and it gives him something to do while waiting in line, and it helps take away his mind off his pain.

27. Don says:

I hear ya I’ve been enjoying the game cut the rope good puzzle to get the mind moving.