BOOK 2, P3: The Binding Ties - Karl’s Chaos. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

As Karl stared into the bottom of his almost empty glass a small man wearing glasses and looking completely out of place tossed a twenty on the bar.

Today we continue the main story-line with part 3 of book 2.

Karl woke up and tried to focus. Slowly his tiny room came into view. He was covered in blood….again. His sledge hammer sat leaned up against the foot of his bed covered in red. The darkened streams of dried blood had stopped making their way down its handle and had formed a demented spider web of coagulated chaos.

It had happened again.

Karl was used to this, it happened a lot, but he was always foggy on the details. Luckily the boarding house where he lived in Hell’s Kitchen didn’t really care what went on there they just wanted their rent on time.

He never knew really what had happened the night before and he really didn’t particularly want to either.  He just knew that someone died.

Karl had always had blackouts. Some were self induced after a night of binge drinking those he could understand, but the others? They just didn’t seem to make sense. He remembered going to sleep for one. He hadn’t even drank that much the night before and that was rare enough on its own but these were the nights that someone died.

Karl sat up on his single bed and surveyed the bloody scene. He was used to tiny rooms, this one was just about the size of a jail cell, he was very familiar with a cell’s dimensions. Karl raised himself up and headed for the small cupboard under the solitary sink in his room. He paused briefly to catch a glimpse of himself in the medicine cabinet’s mirror. “Well at least I still LOOK like me” he muttered as he pulled out a bottle of bleach.

Slowly and methodically Karl washed his room. He had a system of sorts. First he thoroughly cleaned his sledge hammer, erasing the coagulated artwork. Then when he was sure it was clean he placed it gently in his closet and began with the walls and floor. After everything had been thoroughly scrubbed he wrapped up the sheets in plastic and placed them in a garbage bag.  Karl then undressed and threw his clothes in the garbage bag as well. He then shoved the garbage bag into his backpack placed it in his closet and headed down the hall to the communal shower.

After his shower Karl pulled on a new old pair of jeans and a clean white tee shirt threw his backpack over his shoulder, grabbed his hammer and headed to the Temporary Worker Office to see if he could get any work that day. On the way he picked a random dumpster to throw his bloody past into.

After a long day of waiting around to see if he was chosen for casual labor Karl headed to the local dive bar and proceeded to try to forget what happened the night before. “Well, I can’t really forget what I don’t remember in the first place but it seems like as good a reason as any. Bottoms up” Karl said to no one in particular.

“This one is on me buddy” he said and quickly left the bar.

“Weird little dude” thought Karl as he ordered another whiskey. He was too tired to try and figure the stranger out and he really hoped tomorrow morning wouldn’t start the same way.

That’s it for today! The next two stories from book two will be published the week of 11/14/2016, next week. We will continue publishing two new stories every week leading up to the anticipated Project-X announcement.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

24 thoughts on “BOOK 2, P3: The Procurement Plan – Karl’s Chaos

1. Soo trippy. The small man’s been following Karl. Or he works for some agency that’s been watching Karl. Trippy.

2. Scott Summers says:

again with that professor dude? What is he exactly? and why is he everywhere? You do not see some recruiter dude on the hero side.

3. Alex Summers says:

I remember someone commented that Karl ihas the makings of a boss. But from the looks of things he may just be a lackey.

4. Jen says:

This is just the beginning of Karl’s story so not much happens. I am interested with the upcoming parts. Keep it up!

Looks like the professor is active in this series! I would have loved Karl to be a hero. I think it would have been a good story if he went above what has happened (or what is currently happening) in his life but alas, he’s a villain. 😦

6. Hannah Mae Cortes says:

Who’s the little man who paid for Karl’s drink? I am dying to find out. Anyway, I can’t wait for the continuation of this story.

7. Lance says:

Wow, that man with the glasses sure is wealthy. I wish, he would pay my drinks also hehe.

8. Harry says:

I feel sad for Karl. I think he work too hard. It’s cool he got a free drink, thanks to that guy with the glasses.

9. onejanedoe says:

Before reading Karl’s history, I would have guessed that his murderous blackouts had something to do with the professor and even now I’m wondering. I mean, its one thing to kill your boss after your wife leaves you for him and maybe even your co-workers if you felt that they were laughing at you about it, but it seems that these days, Karl doesn’t know who he is killing or why. Could it be that the weird little guy in glasses (who I am now suspecting is Iranian) is doping Karl and using his melancholy, massive size, sledgehammer and rage for his own evil purposes? Pairing him up with the rabbit man maybe and sending him out on murder sprees? I don’t know, but its possible isn’t it?

1. Stacey Molina says:

Hi! I’ve been following your comments and you have such a vivid imagination =] Love your comments.

10. Rick says:

Hey that guy in the picture is already dead. He was killed by Suzy the villain.

11. Jack says:

I still don’t know who is this professor x is? Can someone update me with that?

12. Fil Magno says:

Wow! I really love how Karl “cleaned up” his mess. From the moment he realizes the bloody chaos, to cleaning his hammer and the walls of the room, to nonchalantly suiting up with a new set of clothes as if nothing happened. That’s precision.

13. Hannah Mae Cortes says:

I’m so impressed with Karl’s “work” ethic. He’s a real professional.

14. Spencer Grey says:

Wait, did he kill someone? Is he some sort of killer?

On a side note, I like how the story is presented although some commas were missing.

15. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

How can he be dead? IF he is popping everywhere. Every villain backstory he is there.

16. Kyo Kusagi says:

lat time i checked Karl is hammering railroads. Is he a killer Or the other guy?

17. Interesting backup story with the blackouts. I could see Karl having lucid nightmares of things he did previous nights. Looking forward to seeing how the plot develops.

18. Reggie says:

Looks like one angry dude! I wouldn’t want to meet him on the street if he’s in a bad mood. Great backstory, this one!

19. Rashid says:

Oooh those thick biceps! He can wrap around them on me anytime! I wanna know more about him, why he’s acting that way and what causes his blackouts!

20. roisterous says:

That is rather appropriate as well as creepy that he wears a hard hat and carries around a sledge hammer. The fact that he gets so drunk that he kills people and doesn’t remember is also creepy, and a sign to people that maybe they shouldn’t drink so much in case they do something stupid.

21. Dave Manuel says:

I’m sure there are a lot of “Karls” our there in the real world. The way he executes his clean-up is like a trademark of serial killers. Keep the story going! This is getting too exciting!

22. Magneto says:

What chaos? The guy look like he kills people and laugh while doing it. the doctor Jekel and Hyde types.

23. myatique says:

Split personality? He looks like a dork yet packs a wallop. Nice