Game Development and Animations Video Blog

Finding the Best Game Walk-throughs. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Are you stuck in a game and looking for a traditional text-based walk-through or a detailed website containing screenshots and videos? When you know where to look, you can save a lot of your time. Plenty of websites offer walk-throughs and guides, but here are the best ones providing reliable information that you should probably check out first.

1. GameFAQs: It is the most popular text-based guides for basically every game ever. This website has been a go-to destination for gamers since ages, and it is because of their user-contributed guides on almost every game you can think of. You can easily search at the top of the homepage to find any game you’re looking for, and you’ll normally get multiple walk-throughs for your selected game with a few guides and specific tips for various aspects of a game. These are normally the sort of text-based walk-throughs that gamers know and love. Primarily, if you can think of any game, there’s a genuine chance of finding a guide or two for it on GameFAQs.
  2. GamePressure: It is a high-quality step-by-step walk-through website. If you want a detailed view of the game without going through a bunch of text, then GamePressure is worth checking out! The guides on this site highlight all the kinds of details of the game and are very well formatted. There are screenshots at every step of the way, unlike the text-based guides. These guides are complete, well-laid out and well-written. You can either follow step-by-step or use the sidebar’s table of contents to skip to a particular section. It is best for gamers looking for newer titles as retro games are not offered here.
  3. IGN Wikis: It is known for its Graphical Approach. It is one of the best alternatives to GameFAQs, and it was more-or-less similar to GameFAQs as it also offers user-contributed text-based walk-throughs. If you’re playing newly released games, this is a fabulous site to check. But just know that some of these guides aren’t complete, because wikis are ongoing projects.
  4. Strategy Wiki: This website contains a variety of user-contributed guides. IGN is not the first site that lets gamers compile their information on the wiki instead Strategy Wiki has been serving the gamers with the same concept for a long time. There are a bunch of great guides here, but some titles may lead you to wikis that need work.

Still Stuck with your question? Google Works the best in this situation.

The above sites are all great, but if they aren’t helping you the easiest way is to search for the title of your desired game along with the word “walk-through.” You will get good results; that’s because loads of fan sites are filled with the people obsessed with a particular series or game and there is no way they could be compiled. Make sure to know about all of the gaming lingoes, so that you get a better idea of what you search for.

Have you ever used any of these walk-throughs? How was your experience? Let us know in the comments section.

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

23 thoughts on “Finding the Best Game Walk-throughs

1. Kyo Kusagi says:

While walkthoughs are fun to wach. I am into game story mode like GOW its like watching a movie.

2. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

At times like this Google is your best friend. Youtube their is a ton of reviews and walkthoughs.

3. Hannah Mae Cortes says:

I mostly rely on game walk throughs on Youtube. I love Pewdiepie and jacksepticeye’s game walkthroughs. Their reaction videos are gold.

4. Yolo says:

It’s been a while since I play a game. I only play Warcraft. This is helpful if I get addicted in another game.

5. Bobby says:

Does this walk through include apk games for android phones? Just asking because I have games on my phone.

6. Drake says:

IGN wikis is the same as GamePressure. They have graphics for you so that you wont get lost.

7. Enrique says:

This website is incredible! This is very convenient for all the gamers out there.

8. Dae Lee says:

YASSS! I have agree with you on GameFAQs. For me, it’s like the gamer’s Bible or something. It’s a gift that keeps on giving.

9. Jan says:

I hope the makers of games allow walk-throughs during a sneak preview. It this happens, it would be more convenient for gamers to choose among the available games.

10. I wonder if there’s any money involved in providing step by step answers to levels in video games. All these gaming experts could definitely benefit from showing off their talent.

I’ve never personally used walkthroughs but I know people who do and could imagine how useful they are. Thanks for the list; and yes, I assume there are a lot of sites that will pop up when googling aside from the above.

12. Hannah Mae Cortes says:

I recently discovered Markiplier on Youtube. His game walkthroughs are so funny, You should check him out.

13. Natasha says:

Those game walk through are amazing. I myself use it when I used to play Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

14. Florence says:

GameFaqs is very popular. I use to used it when I was in college. I got stuck in Pokemon Yellow hehe.

15. Jea says:

No matter how tedious the intro or the ‘demo’ or tutorial options are (which are usually available upon initial download of an app — I go through it. There’s always something helpful there before you take the jump.

16. Elaine says:

” It is one of the best alternatives to GameFAQs,” What I think that, no matter you play the new games, when you have some question on particular subjects, there are several useful web sites to answer your questions. It is so great to research those sites.

17. Maury Cheskes says:

I used GameFAQS or a similar website for a Max Payne level. I found it very useful, but I still think it’s more rewarding to try the mission yourself first.

18. Hannah Mae Cortes says:

I love IGN Wikis. Their walk-throughs are comprehensive yet very easy to understand. I highly recommend it.

19. GameFAQs and the various strategy Wikis are my go-to if I’m really stuck. Although they’re not text-based, if you’re more of a visual person, most games have let’s plays on YouTube and you can check out a video specific to the part of the game you’re having issues with.

20. Ian says:

Those sites looks promising. I’m gonna use it if I get stuck in a game.

21. Peter says:

Wow this is a very helpful blog. Try those four website so that you can finish your game.

1. Jen says:

I agree. I hope more people will make sites such as mentioned above to provide gamers with more tips and ideas.

22. Cris Templo says:

Was a very big fan of GameFAQs back in the day. True, it’s mostly text-based, but no doubt it gets the job done. I remember solving the hardest parts of God of War 1 and 2 with the help of GameFAQs.