How to Get Best Deals on the New Games? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Game marketing has emerged very well from its origins. The fun advertisements are now a planned full-fledged campaign to attract gamers so that they can buy the latest game or gaming console to the soonest. The question that arises here is how do you know which game is worth your money? After all shelling out money for the latest release is the greatest regret for a gamer. If you are on a tight budget, follow the following tips to enjoy the latest games at the lowest of allowance:

1. Wait For Yearly Sales: Do you know that over the summer, i.e., late June or early July Steam organizes an annual blowout event?  The event has new and old games that get their prices slashed like they’re going out of style. Don’t log on to your Steam account with a crawling trigger finger, however. It’s obvious to see a marked-down price of your desired game and jump on impulse, but it’s far harder to pounce at peak sale. This may sound needless, but considering this, some publishers have increased their prices to fool the gamers. A gamer can experience the highest sales on the cheapest of the budget during this time. The major sales throughout the year include the holiday season as well.
  2. Price Tracking: It is simple for the infrequent shopper to wait till the sales come around. The most gamers usually bring the sale to them, with the assistance of handy pricing trackers. Different stores and publishers price the games differently. The discounts don’t rely on yearly sales; they can occur at the beginning or end of any given month. Prices of most of the games may fluctuate, while websites like Amazon can price your game on an upswing while a lesser-known client may have lowered their prices.
  3. Wait A Month and Buy a Used One: You may get frowned on reading this, but buying used games can eventually save a lot of money. Just ensure that you get the best and safest deal possible.
  4. To Pre-order, Or Not To Pre-order: This is the most asked question. Of course, if you pre-order games, you can enjoy access to content that others do not have. The biggest issue with pre-orders is the lack of awareness regarding the games quality and features along with the amount of playable content possible. While pre-ordering a game, you not only overpay for the games, but also risk wasting too much time while dealing with the poor server administration, lower quality item and weak online play.

So how do you figure out the correct time to buy a game? Let us know in the comments section!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

22 thoughts on “How to Get Best Deals on the New Games?

1. Saleh says:

Black Friday coming up guys! Any deals yet? Tech is usually a big deal on that day but I still haven’t heard anything, software or hardware-wise.

2. Celia says:

I’m not an early adopter and it has really saved me a lot of money. Why buy new games on its release date? Bragging rights? Prices go down dramatically after a few months, especially when rumors of a competitor’s release date comes up. Patience is the key.

1. Archie says:

Forget patience. I want it NOW LOL…

3. Peter says:

I agree, you don’t need to buy the game at the time it was release. But there are circumstances that if you are really into that game you’ll need to purchase it fast.

4. Harry says:

Thank you for the article. It’s true, they lower their price in a month or so because nobody is buying it. Better be patient then. You get a good deal on your favorite game.

I think buying a used game is a good idea. I’m not picky when it comes to new or used so it’s no problem for me. It would probably be good also if you buy from some other gamer you personally know instead of from a complete stranger.

6. Chuck says:

I don’t buy all new releases, only the ones I think are gonna be big after a few months. There are games that do not depreciate, you know. So my tip: Choose wisely. Btw, did you vote wisely?

7. Doreen says:

I don’t just check out one website. I check a lot! Compare prices from different websites man! Also watch out for discount coupons!

8. onejanedoe says:

If you are buying used, it pays to look for private sellers online. The benefit of shopping at a game store that sells used games is the variety in one place but with online classifieds now, you can see a wide variety of sellers from the privacy of your own home. Remember, a commercial seller has overhead whereas a private seller does not. You can however, sometimes benefit from trading in games at gaming stores, taking less of a loss on a game you don’t really care for by trading it for a discount on a new release you’ve been waiting for. I have always found private sales and judicious trades have allowed me to have a fair selection of games and enough money to get the gamer’s on my Christmas list the games of their choice (no they don’t get used ones–that’s where the savings on myself come in handy).

9. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

Waiting the game to die down after release is a wise choice. But often times players want to be in or belong that they buy it even if it is expensive.

10. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

You can wait for special occasions for discounts, Black Friday for example prices sure will be lower.

11. Jacob says:

So true. When you do pre order your just gonna waste your money on weak server administration and server play. Better be patient when purchasing a game.

12. Kim says:

I know Steam. So they have big sales on June and July. I’ll make sure to remember that.

13. Hannah Mae Cortes says:

Amazon Prime is a great place for finding great deals and discounts on new games. They offer up to 20% off on selected games and much more.

14. Jimmy Bund says:

In this exciting world of gaming, perfect timing is of the essence, and that also applies to purchasing the games at the right time. Hard as it may seem especially when it involves highly-anticipated games, a little bit of patience like waiting for half a year could save you money. Simply put, I just call it delayed gratification.

1. rob says:

delayed gratification indeed! although patience is key.

15. Maury Cheskes says:

I like the “buy a used one” suggestion. I think it’s a good idea though to check if the disc is scratched or unkempt before buying it.

16. Fil Canlas says:

I’m proud to say that I’m one of those gamers who wait for the prices to go down or wait for one of my friends to let go of their games for one reason or another. Like what was said above, delayed gratification really pays off, money-wise.

17. yow says:

i usually just borrow from my cousins and since I have a lot of them, I can borrow whenever they are not using them so there’s no need for me to buy it but i do have to wait for them to buy one.

18. Kuroro says:

Woah I forget about that. If you want to buy a game, you can simply do it when that place is on sale.

19. Ibiza says:

You don’t need to purchase a brand new game. This blog is correct, you can just purchase a used one since games are downloaded on PCs.

20. Maria Cruz says:

Even if I want the new game now, I do tend to hold back because I know I am paying too much for something that I can get for way less. I agree on your tips to get the best deals and if I badly want a game, I might splurge provided I have tested and played on it.