A Bundle Of Joy For Anyone Interested In Making Video Games. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Have you ever dreamt of making your own video game, but got stuck with every tool you’ve looked at? ? Do you want to learn about making games without going deep into programming and need a guide to start with the making of video games? Below are the four websites that you can start with the aim to make the process as simple as possible, and the highlight is programming is not necessary. Let’s get started:

1. Flappy Code: Programming Tutorial for Absolute Beginners

Don’t know the first thing about programming but want to make a video game? Visit Flappy Bird. It is an interesting story of an incredibly simple game, made in Vietnam, that became a global phenomenon. Flappy Code is an ideal tutorial for anyone interested in learning basic programming skills. It is a drag-and-drop interface that shows you, one step at a time, how the logic behind it works. If you are confused where to start with the programming, or want a site that teaches the basics, check out this site first. It is a great tutorial that takes the benefit of a familiar game in a pretty much interesting way.

1. Stencyl: Create Games Without Coding

Flappy Code is like a tutorial, but Stencyl helps you in actually building an entire game, and eventually releasing it across platforms. Stencyl is a complete blown development environment, designed for non-programmers. This isn’t going to be spontaneous. It demands your work. You can check out the games other programmers have made. Anayalse their work and you’ll realize that learning this system can produce great results for those willing to take the time. This software is free to download, but if you want to publish your creation on computers having Windows, Mac, Linux or iOS and Android mobile devices you have to pay for a license.

1. Flow Creator: Web Based App for Creating Games

If you don’t find Stencyl up to the mark for your code-free game creation, then you Flow Creator is another choice. It’s a free and web-based system that assists you through the whole process quite a bit, and there’s a generous community out there to help you. Unlike Stencyl, the free version restricts the creation process as you can only make up to 5 levels, with a total of 50 objects Still. So if you’re just looking to experiment, it’s worth counting on!

1. Twine: Build a Hypertext Game

Are you willing to create interactive fiction game? Then Twine might be a better tool for you. This free program gives you an easy way to create a web-based version of the game in your mind. In some ways it’s more of a text editor than it is an IDE, making it a complete beginners tool for anyone wanting to get into Interactive Fiction. Twine represents something original, i.e., the transformation of video games into something that is not only utilized by the masses but also created by them.

Hence, apply yourself, and make something great with your imagination and creativity.

Let us know in the comments section about what type of games do you want to create?

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

22 thoughts on “A Bundle Of Joy For Anyone Interested In Making Video Games

1. Valerie says:

This is great! I’ll probably go with Flappy Code as I want to learn to code first. I wanna go beyond gaming, and learning how to code is the building block of programming. Great article!

2. Rubi says:

I’m not really a techie person. I mean, I’m a user, not a creator/developer. But I have always wanted to know what goes behind the screen. Are these the top sites for beginners? Are there more sites that are free?

3. Peter says:

This is a great site. I myself want to create a game. Are you familiar with Ragnarok? I want to create a game like that.

4. Rick says:

I will choose Twine to create a game. I wanted to create a game which is interactive and fictional at the same time.

Ohhh, interesting! I can’t imagine myself creating a video game in the very near future but it’s always great to learn about tools out there that could make it a reality. Would love to try out Twine in particular. It would be really interesting to create interactive fiction games.

6. Cannonball says:

The basics of video game creation simplified. Its rare anyone writing articles in this subject.

7. Ice Queen says:

I can only imagine this as the tip of the iceberg. Crating videogames involves a ton of data one miss and all goes down the drain. NO wonder developers issue patches.

8. Patrick Mayo says:

I’ve always been a fan of video games, dating back to my childhood days, and it is only now that I have been thinking if I could create one. I’ve got no background in tech and video game-making, whatsoever, so these links you’ve provided would work as excellent jump-off points. Can’t wait to read up on these!

9. Matt says:

Flappy Bird sounds like it would be right up my alley. I have ZERO programming experience, so something that is beginner friendly would be perfect for me. Anyone else have any experience with Flappy Bird?

10. Miaka Yuuki says:

Has anyone actually built a game here? are there sample grounds where a rookie can train?

11. MIco Robin says:

I knoe this article is here. for those aspiring creators it would be good to study these things head on as suppose to just being glossed over.

12. Maury Cheskes says:

It’s great there’s an app for creating video games now. Yeah, I think everyone passionate about playing video games should venture into making them. Gotta explore that creativity chyaa!

13. Natasha says:

How come Flappy Bird is not available anymore? Why did the developer pull it out? Is it really possible for anyone who has no programming background to create something like Flappy Bird from a basic coding site?

14. Kaleb says:

Twine sounds like fun. So you’re gonna create a game version of “choose your own ending” huh…I’ve also liked those games but they’re complicated sometimes. I might make a simple one instead!

15. Gerry says:

Twine is my choice. Creating a fictional game is very interesting. I would really love to learn how to use Twine.

16. Timothy says:

I have never created my own game before. Thanks to this blog I can now research on how to do it. I prefer Twine because I wanted to create a graphic game.

17. Kyo Kusagi says:

Floppy SEEM ,to be to a good choice for stater. though it takes time to master.

18. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

This makes game creation look so easy. In reality it is harder than it looks.

19. Colllin says:

I bet there are many people who will choose Twine to create fictional games. But if not, then the other three are the best choice.

20. Jayson says:

Hmm, they have a point. If you know nothing about developing a game then we should start with Flappy. The other three choices can be tricky to use.

21. Holly says:

I’m really curious about coding. Can these sites also teach me programming beyond gaming? I’m quite sure I wanna do more than create a personalized tetris game!

22. Jemimah says:

Creating a game without coding? Stencyl sounds interesting. I think this is designed for beginners. Great idea!