BOOK 2, P1: The Binding Ties - Lady Tarragon’s Tactical Trip. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

As she sat silently smiling in the back of the cab her smugness was briefly interrupted when she caught the cab driver staring at her through his rearview mirror.

Today we continue the main story-line starting with the part 1 of book 2. I hope you will enjoy it!

She had been here before. New York had been the place where her father had sent her away twice before, once when she was 15 then again when she was 18. She had been banished from her home each time and sentenced to live with her aging grandparents in New York’s Chinatown.

She had only been allowed outside of their tiny apartment in Columbus Park to get groceries and attend her tutor’s home. Just because she had almost disgraced her family didn’t mean she was allowed to neglect her studies. Had she paid more attention to them she may not have found herself in such an inappropriate state according to her father. Everything in Chinatown was close and Lady Tarragon hated it. Each time she was allowed out on those visits she would be timed to be sure she as behaving appropriately.

“There is no way in hell I am living in this pathetic area again.” She muttered to herself in the backseat of a cab headed towards her grand parent’s neighborhood.

As her grandfather and grandmother enjoyed their afternoon tea their old rotary phone rang in the hall. At the exact moment her grandfather started to rise from his chair a bullet ripped through the picture window of their apartment striking the elderly man directly in the right temple sending him flying out of his chair and leaving him in a pool of red on his dining room floor.

Her grandmother rose out of her chair as if in slow motion, mouth a gasp in a combination of shock and horror as another bullet tore through the window and planted itself in her left temple. The woman fell on the floor facing her dead husband as the phone in the hall continued to ring.

“Well that takes care of that” lady Tarragon said to herself as she started disassembling her sniper rifle “no need for them to find out what I have done. Besides they are the only ones here that know my real name.”

Feeling pleased with herself Lady T headed down the fire escape on the building across the street from her grandparents old apartment and hailed a cab to Lower Manhattan.

As she sat silently smiling in the back of the cab her smugness was briefly interrupted when she caught the cab driver staring at her through his rear-view mirror. It wasn’t that she was intimidated by him it was just annoying the way he was looking at her. It was a deep stare that confused and intrigued her at the same time.

“Stop staring at me and drive the stupid cab you freak!” she yelled at the cabbie.

The small man with jet black hair and tiny glasses smiled back at her. “Whatever you say ma’am, you’re the boss.” He then focused his gaze on the stop and go downtown New York traffic.

“That’s right and don’t forget it!” Lady Tarragon yelled again.

“Oh don’t worry I won’t” replied the cabbie with a twisted smile on his face as he pulled over to the side of the road. “Get out of my cab. This ride is on me. See you around Lady.”

Lady Tarragon got out of the cab muttering to herself about the working class and how they should be taught to behave more appropriately when in her presence.

“They will all get theirs eventually” she thought as she headed into Soho.

(To be continued…)

That’s it for today! The next two stories from book two will be published the week of 11/07/2016, next week. We will continue publishing two new stories every week leading up to the anticipated Project-X announcement.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

24 thoughts on “BOOK 2, P1: The Procurement Plan – Lady Tarragon’s Tactical Trip

1. jdartlover says:

The professor is kinna kute 😉 in an evil kind of way lol

2. Gemma says:

Ahh so this is the villains’ chapter. This lady is soooo bad! What was her original name again? Dragon Lady? And the driver is the Professor, right?

3. Giovanni says:

Please take note:

“Besides they are the only ones her who know my real name” — should be HERE
    “Stop starring at me and drive the stupid cab you freak!” — should be STARING

You don’t want to ruin a good story with annoying misspellings, right? Please revise.

Thank you.

4. Maury Cheskes says:

Wow dark. Creepy picture of the cab driver. Maybe he know who she is…

5. Peter says:

I don’t like the story. Why is he staring at her that way anyway. It’s annoying when people fight.

6. Rick says:

Poor lady. I wonder what will happen to her since she don’t have a ride.

7. Ice Queen says:

I remember seeing in the comments for the professor someone said he looks like a tech guy? Who would ever thought that he is aligned with Lady Terragon?

For some reason, I didn’t like the portrayal of Lady Tarragon very much. Maybe it has something to do with Lady T growing up in Beijing where culture is much more different. She acts like a Westerner here, using slang comfortably when chances are she probably was not around any other people other than Chinese growing up. That’s just me though.

9. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

I do not know if Ice queen is referring to me but its true. When this guy was introduced as a villain, my thought was no tech guy is more like it. I guess i was wrong.

10. MIco Robin says:

So the spoiled brat meets the cab driver? What will Elvis play in the life of this spoiled brat?

11. Miaka Yuuki says:

When will the chapter come out? that guy with the grin gets my vote.

12. All these stories have great characters. I think you could benefit from including some monsters or characters with deformities. It would add another level to the writing.

13. onejanedoe says:

” I think you could benefit from including some monsters or characters with deformities. ” In response to that line posted in the above comment, don’t you remember Hosenpfeffer ?The strange rabbit man in torn up pants? There’s your deformities and as for monsters, Lady Tarragon is leading the pack in my books. Who shoots their grandparents? This story is already packed with monsters if you ask me. Rather an odd cast so far but I am curious as to where it all leads and will continue to read for that reason alone.

14. Kratos says:

A spoiled rich Chinese girl this Lady Tarragon is. Befriend the cab driver in the future, she will.

15. Lottie says:

So the Ice Queen drew first blood on the first story of Book 2! Didn’t waste time! So should I be expecting more gore in the coming stories? Next!

16. Summer says:

It’s like clash of two evils. They look both evil in the drawing. Wonder what will happen to the dragon lady?

17. Lance says:

The story gets interesting. I can’t wait for page 2 of the story.

18. Scarlet witch says:

Speaking of monsters I remember a creature who is a rabbit and a man hybrid. Cannot remember the name though

19. Kyo Kusagi says:

A cab driver job for a villain? This is weird .

20. Lola says:

She has bad make up. For a rich girl, at least make her look sophisticated. But with her attitude, I certainly wouldn’t mess up with her. If I tell her about her awful fringe, she might shoot me pointblank!

21. Maus says:

Starting book 2 with a bang! Or should I say a bang bang! Poor grandparents. I’m excited where she will go next!

22. Fatima says:

When will page 2 be release? I can’t wait for the next story. Poor lady, she was force to leave the cab. What will she do?

23. Wallace says:

I did not expect the story would end like that. Forcing a lady to get out of a cab. Maybe it’s the right thing to do so that they will not have more fights.