BOOK1, P6: The Ties that Bind-Travour’s Torment. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Today we continue the main story-line with part 6 of the first book. I hope you enjoy it!

The gym was in trouble and Travour was seeing the signs. Membership had dropped by almost 50 percent in the last year. Kids just were not coming in like they used to. Most of their heroes now were UFC fighters not the greats like Ali, Foreman and Chuvalo or the formidable like Tyson.

It wasn’t just the gym that was in trouble the whole community was in a steady state of decay. Crime was up, drugs were cheaper and thugs roamed the streets looking for protection money. His new found boxing family was being bled dry.

Travour knew that if he didn’t step up and do something the only home he ever really felt comfortable in was going to fade away. He needed money to help the gym and he needed it quick.

The first time he fought in the Philly underground scene he lost. He lost badly. For two weeks he had to fight through the pain and hide his face at his job at the gym. They would never approve of what he was doing and he didn’t want to let them down. As a newcomer and a loser he was paid only 200 bucks. Not enough to make even make a small difference.

He fought again. He lost again. Apparently boxing was only a part of what these guys did. Travour trained every night to sharpen and broaden his skills. Thai kickboxing seemed to be a likely upgrade to his boxing skills so he embraced it. Six months of beatings went by slowly until he was ready. Winning meant more money and meant he could really help his neighborhood and he was ready to win.

By this time Travour had developed a reputation albeit not a good one. People knew to bet against him. He was one dimensional they thought and they bet big for him to lose. He had made only $2000 getting his ass kicked over the last year and today he bet it all on himself. It was time for a payday and to wipe those stupid smirks of the underground fight fans. Today he was going to get his.

The fight master introduced Travour and the usual round of boos and catcalls rang out as usual. Travour smiled to himself and sized up his opponent.

He was a tree trunk of a man. At least two feet taller than Travour and a good 50 pounds heavier. This was going to be fun. As the man ran head first at him Travour simply stepped to the side and launched a vicious low side kick into the man’s shin bone. As the man hobbled back to his feet wincing in pain, Travour faked a right hook and kicked him in the same shin again. The man fell to the ground. Travour called for him to get up. As he raised his head and started to try to find his legs Travour landed a devastating right jab and immediately followed with a left undercut that brought the man fully to his feet…for a second. Then just as Travour steeled himself for another attack, the man’s eyes rolled back into his head and he fell straight forward landing face down on the floor at Travour’s feet.
As Travour collected his winnings the fight master took him aside.

“That was quite an improvement” he said “a few more like that and we will have to send you to New York so you can be unknown again to make any money.”

Travour looked at the man, “Get the bus ticket. You back me and you get 10%.” And with that he walked away.

That night he left an unmarked envelope in the safe at the boxing gym with enough cash in it to keep the gym out of trouble for a few weeks. The owners asked him if he knew anything about it later and of course he denied he did. He just shrugged his shoulders and said a man had dropped it off when he was cleaning up after the gym closed the night before.

Travour smiled. Things were going to get better after all.

(To be continued…)

That’s it for today! The next two stories (last part of book 1 and beginning of book 2) will be published the week of 11/01/2016, next week. We will continue publishing two new stories every week leading up to the anticipated Project-X announcement.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X, will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Cami_Signature

30 thoughts on “BOOK1, P6: The Ties that Bind – Travour’s Torment

1. jyeungholy says:

wish I had a body like that………….. Some day 🙂

2. Rashid says:

Oh what a hunk! He is just my type of guy…I want those ripped arms wrapped around me. And the best part? He has a good heart! Oh I wish he’s real!

3. Giovanni says:

Can you please release a new story everyday? The suspense is killing me! This one is very good and I wanna know what happens next, pronto!

4. Salvacion says:

I think Travour got bigger from the first image you released of him. But after reading this story, I know why. Good job guys!

5. onejanedoe says:

The other guy was even bigger? Travour is huge how on earth could the other guy be even bigger and two feet taller at that? Of course Travour isn’t pictured beside anyone, maybe he’s only five feet tall? That would still make his opponent seven feet tall and still exceptionally tall in anyone’s books. Perhaps two feet was a bit of an exaggeration? Other than that, Travour couldn’t look better. He is every bit the consummate boxer/kick boxer. How does he intend to keep his home gym going however? Sure a few weeks will buy them a bit of breathing room but to get it to where it can sustain itself again will pretty much require him to admit that he is the benefactor. He is obviously alone in the world ,(Travour); I can imagine he will be an easy pick up for Reisha, should be interesting.

6. Kyo Kusagi says:

The guy looks jacked lol. I cannot help but notice why are we jumping from one character to the other each time? I do not know but me I would love to read character bios or arcs entirely before going to the next. At this rate the info is too all over the place thay hell I even forget how shailan began yeah.

7. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

May I know how many characters are there? frankly the pacing is slow but I understand that developing something takes time much less a video game character but I wish it will be more frequent story wise.

1. Hi Kadoya, there are a total of 8 Champions and 8 Villains. We are thinking about introducing 2 more crucial characters for this plot to play out. Hang in there!

8. Evan says:

This guy is jacked! Any and everybody had better think twice before even thinking about f’n with this dude!

9. Mike D. says:

This guy is a BEAST! There’s no other words for him. I’ve seen the evolution of this guy from early on looking like he was gonna dance like Michael Jackson, to looking like a pretty boy model, and now he has truly evolved into a man of steel with both brawn and heart! Travour is proving that with his undying will, he will ultimately devour anyone who dares to stand in his way.

10. Aaron Benson says:

The expression on this guys face say it all. It oozes confidence. You guys have really done a great job at making an animated character look real!

11. Sally says:

Hmm hmm hmm Travour is my boo! I would feel 100% safe and protected going out with him:)

Travour looks scary but it seems like he has a heart of gold! Anybody who helps someone else without expecting any praise or compensation is a hero in my book.

13. Kathy says:

I like the contrast of Travour ‘looking’ like a man who is out to win at all costs, but he is a man who has a giving heart. Just goes to show that you can’t judge a book by it’s cover. Great story!

14. Eleanor says:

Now these are the real superheroes of the world. Those who help others

15. MIco Robin says:

I am curious what is the overall plot of this? 8 heroes 8 villains? how will the dot connect on this one? I Look forward to it

16. Miaka Yuuki says:

There are real life people like him. Looks emo, angry, intimidating the list goes on. Once you know them they are very different than what they seem to be.

17. Tanysha Woelfl says:

I enjoy reading this Awesome story full of drama. The characters seem so real. Who is the author of this story ? Somehow I ended up in this page by accident and the title caught my eye. How can I get a hold of the other part of the story so I know how it begins? Keep up the great work!

1. Hi Tanysha, thank you we intend to keep publishing these stories leading up to the Project-X announcement. All stories may be found here https://saljackenterprises.net/project-x-the-story/

18. Hashim Khan says:

I started working out at the gym two months ago. Feel too much inspired by Travour. Kickboxing is totally my life.

19. Luca says:

Awww Travour is a softie! He surely got bigger from your first picture. I wish your story were longer. It’s so thrilling!

20. Kate says:

Wow! Sorry I just have to ask: Did he bulk up naturally or through steroids? He’s the kind of guy who’d do anything to achieve his goal so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. He looks unnaturally huge.

21. Toad says:

While i find the story intriguing my gripe is where is the rest? Are you going to launched a web comic for this stuff?

22. Ororo says:

A web comic or a digital book can be used to fast track the stories. Anime does that by data books/ guides so why not here?

23. Jill says:

Damn this guy is JACKED! Hope to be as buff as him someday!

24. Sandy says:

Looks tough on the outside but soft on the inside! Love it!

25. Elaine says:

“Travour trained every night to sharpen and broaden his skills.” What I think that, each person tries his / her efforts to study and work, then his/her skills might finally be upgraded to standards.

26. Zandro says:

If Wolverine and The Hulk would have a baby, it would be Travour! Just look at that body! And despite the tough exterior, he is a very kind person deep inside. That gives a new dimension to his persona!

27. Pasquale says:

I like that smirk on his face. Projects confidence. This is a guy who is sure of himself, of his capabilities. I wanna see him in action! Next story please!