Ways to Save Money on Gaming. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Do you find gaming expensive? Yes, it is an expensive hobby! But of course, you can save hundreds on the games by following some strategies and spend your money in other important places.

1. Buy and Sell Used Games: Buying and selling games can make a huge difference. Wait for some time after the release of the new game. Taking this route demands some patience, as newly released games don’t manage to hit the used market promptly, and it takes, even more, time for their prices to go down to a moderate level. This patience can be compensated with notable savings. Yes, it’s tough, but it’s worth it! If you are the one who bought it and played it, it’s a good idea to sell it to someone else. Not only does it helps you to take your money back, but it helps other people to save money on gaming, too. Now you would be thinking how to sell them? You can sell them at the same places from where you have bought the games. You probably won’t make all of that money, but even if you are getting 40%, it is totally worth it!
  2. Buy Bundles: This is usually for the PC market, but game bundles are also occasionally available for consoles. If you’re willing to buy a new console, you can find some great bundles from retailers, though it is probably better off buying a used console from another user.
  3. Watch Out for Game Deals: If you know where to find, you can get some really great offers and deals on games. Also, a few sites keep track of video game sales. But if you cannot wait and desperately want a new game, buying it around the holidays is a good way to save. Maybe the prices of new games won’t drop too much, but you might be able to grab a gift card along with your purchase, thus making it a better deal.
  4. Get Free Games from Memberships: You must be aware that both Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus provide free games with the subscription service each month. Most of the games probably subscribe them because they need it to play multiplayer games. So why miss out on the free games? Do check what’s the offer for the following month. You can get a lot of free games worth your money.
  5. Trade Your Old Games: Once you’re done with your game, you should sell it and you can definitely get a good price, or you could also trade it with your friend for another game with no cash involved. This saves money for both of you.

Share your best gaming-related money-saving tips with us in the comments section!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

23 thoughts on “Ways to Save Money on Gaming

1. maria says:

My kids love playing games and fortunately for them, they love the old ones which are cheaper and can be bought secondhand. Every now and then, they would buy new releases but since they are expensive they trade games with friends and sometime take turns buying new ones.

2. lailani52 says:

If you are one of those IT gaming person, and spends almost of your time infront of your pc, you might as well find a way to gain money while playing. Knowing the game and how to sell the game itself is a different story, and it is the entrepreneurship in you that would stand out in making money out of your interest. Hitting two birds in one stone.

3. Mansoor says:

I go for trades. Plus, the latest version, most of the time, only has little tweaks to the old version. So I wait out til the price goes down. So yes, I’m not an early adopter.

4. Dinesh says:

Black Friday is just right around the corner guys! Which games will drop on that day? As per experience, it’s typically more expensive to buy on holidays as the demand is high so stores wouldn’t mind jacking up the price.

5. captain Ussop says:

here is an idea why not play it free? if it is just for downtime and fun why spend? Unless of course you are a hardcore gamer going for big name titles.

6. Sakura Kinomoto says:

Trades is a good option. Its not exactly the freshest idea but you can wait for games to age a bit before getting your hands in it. Its cheaper the only drawback is that you will be a step behind but if you can wait why not.I mean games fresh off the shelf is not only expensive but alot of people are eyeing them.

It’s probably easier to get deals nowadays because you could also look for great discounts online. During my time internet is not as widespread yet so it’s kinda hard to look for good deals.

8. Lachlan says:

I’m new at gaming…just got hooked! Thanks for these tips. I’m looking forward to Black Friday I heard there are good deals.

9. Maripi says:

I don’t buy newly released titles. I wait for a few months after release. I also sell or trade my more expensive games. In that way I have a leverage to choose good titles also.

10. MIco Robin says:

A Good tip is self control. Set a budget that you cannot spend and do not go over it.

11. Miaka Yuuki says:

Only go for games that you really want? There are things like whims that you get seduce on anything you are buying game or not that you end up spending more on not necessary things tossing away more money in the process.

12. Tanysha Woelfl says:

My cousin would always buy second hand games in the swap meets. After he was fed up playing he would sell us his cassettes for a very low price. We were happy to do it this way since we didn’t have money for originals.

13. Hashim Khan says:

Always wait for discounts on your favorite game store. Specially during holidays you can surely acquire a couple of really good games for very low prices.

14. Jannine says:

I always wait for the games i want to be on sale before i buy it. This also gives me more time to think about buying it and watching others play online to see whether if it is worth buying.

15. Hong Chen says:

I used to trade old games with a friend who now lives half way around the world. Miss the times where we have to discuss who’s buying which game so the other person don’t have to buy it. Good old times.

16. Innocencio says:

I trade games. We have a group on Facebook, we trade not-so-old games for free. But only among members. If one buys the latest game, we have to wait a couple of weeks before he will trade it. Not bad tho.

17. Katy says:

So what games are gonna be released on Black Friday??? Are you guys excited? You can still save money if you register early!

18. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

yes guys I remember even games are being pirated. I do not encourage it of course but if it is a n old game then search for bootleg versions it will be cheaper. Again this is for older games only but pleae support the original creators.

19. Kyo Kusagi says:

As for me I choose to play online often because its likely free. If I have to buy games it will be at most one game a year, the rest I wait for titles to cool down so it will not make a dent in my wallet.

20. Sally says:

Free games from memberships is a great idea. I see how this can work.

21. Kathy says:

I am all for being frugal. I like the idea of trading games or selling games you no longer use. As with most purchases. I like to set a budget, read reviews and carefully think about what I am buying. In this economy, we all need to find ways to save money.

22. Rhona Burchill says:

consulting reviews? I never thought of that. However, I can see the benefit of it for one it can give people heads up on what to buy or not.

23. Itachi Uchiha says:

What does Black Friday mean? because here Black Friday meant lenten season. Anyway playing games is normal just do it in moderation because it maybe games but left uncontrolled it will bring a hole in your expenses,