Do you find gaming expensive? Yes, it is an expensive hobby! But of course, you can save hundreds on the games by following some strategies and spend your money in other important places.
- Buy and Sell Used Games: Buying and selling games can make a huge difference. Wait for some time after the release of the new game. Taking this route demands some patience, as newly released games don’t manage to hit the used market promptly, and it takes, even more, time for their prices to go down to a moderate level. This patience can be compensated with notable savings. Yes, it’s tough, but it’s worth it! If you are the one who bought it and played it, it’s a good idea to sell it to someone else. Not only does it helps you to take your money back, but it helps other people to save money on gaming, too. Now you would be thinking how to sell them? You can sell them at the same places from where you have bought the games. You probably won’t make all of that money, but even if you are getting 40%, it is totally worth it!
- Buy Bundles: This is usually for the PC market, but game bundles are also occasionally available for consoles. If you’re willing to buy a new console, you can find some great bundles from retailers, though it is probably better off buying a used console from another user.
- Watch Out for Game Deals: If you know where to find, you can get some really great offers and deals on games. Also, a few sites keep track of video game sales. But if you cannot wait and desperately want a new game, buying it around the holidays is a good way to save. Maybe the prices of new games won’t drop too much, but you might be able to grab a gift card along with your purchase, thus making it a better deal.
- Get Free Games from Memberships: You must be aware that both Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus provide free games with the subscription service each month. Most of the games probably subscribe them because they need it to play multiplayer games. So why miss out on the free games? Do check what’s the offer for the following month. You can get a lot of free games worth your money.
- Trade Your Old Games: Once you’re done with your game, you should sell it and you can definitely get a good price, or you could also trade it with your friend for another game with no cash involved. This saves money for both of you.
Share your best gaming-related money-saving tips with us in the comments section!
DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH/REPOST/REBLOG/QUOTE ANY ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY US.