Most of the people don’t worry about their health while playing video games, but if you are going on longer binges, it needs a bit of forethought to make sure you remain healthy. Here are some tips for you to stay healthy during a long gaming binge:
- Sleep: Are you sleeping properly? If not, take it seriously because insufficient sleeping can have severe effects on the brain and body, causing restlessness, drop in body temperature, confusion, increased blood pressure, and even hormonal changes. These are the possible symptoms of sleep deprivation. Taking a quick nap cures you most of the time. But people who don’t take enough sleep tend to live shorter lives, probably because of a strong link to diabetes, heart problems, and cancer. If you’re planning a shorter binge, like for 12 hours, taking an hour-long nap will make you feel relaxed, and you can take better decisions both in games and for your health.
- Healthy Diet: Going hours without eating won’t kill you, also it won’t keep your brain sharp, and it will likely add to other potential problems. You should ensure eating three solid meals each day. It will help you in keeping your brain working throughout your binge. You should always take a break in between the binges. Eat healthy snacks like an apple, graham crackers, a peanut-butter-topped bagel, graham crackers, and Nutella. Avoid the chips, popcorn, and cookies. Always drink appropriate amount of water. Even a couple of glasses every 12 hours make a difference in your diet. Your body and brain both rely on water to function, and getting that water without sugar and caffeine is a great idea.
- Stand up: Sitting for a long time is bad for your health, and it can affect your blood circulation which can cause adverse effects on your spine and neck and can reduce muscle strength. The best way to avoid these problems is to stand up at least once after every hour. Don’t even stop playing, just get up either move a bit or stretch out your legs and back. Walking is even better than standing up. Just 15 minutes of walk will do wonders for your bones, muscles, and circulation.
- Stretch your wrists and hands: Whether you’re playing on a PC or console, playing for many hours without taking a break is tough on both your hands and wrists. Maintaining a good posture helps you to keep them aligned. It is recommended to move your wrists in a few circles, flex your fingers, and stretch your wrists every hour.
- Rest your eyes: Looking at a screen constantly can cause havoc on your eyes. Looking at lightning bolts, tracers, and explosions for hours can fatigue your eyes and cause headaches, dry eyes, blurred or double vision. They are not bad in small amounts but can add up over time and cause serious pain. One of the beneficial ways is to sleep. You’re not looking at anything, your brain isn’t preparing any visual input, and hence your eye muscles can relax.
Going on a random video game binge can be fun, and you can get totally involved in an exciting world, but do make sure to take care of your health, no matter how long you play!
So do you go on days-long gaming binges? Do you ever feel like restless and what measures you take to prevent it? Share your thoughts in the comment section!
DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH/REPOST/REBLOG/QUOTE ANY ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY US.