Tips to Avoid Gaming Account Hacking. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Do you play a lot of multiplayer online games? If yes, then you should know that many game developers are not able to keep your personal details safe. Therefore, make sure that your account remains hard to hack. Here are some tips:

1. Never share your password: This is the most common offend in the gaming-related account breaches. Don’t give it away even to your best friend. You don’t know when your friendship gets over with them and they might misuse it. Also, always use a memorable, exceptional, but unbreakable password and do not repeat passwords across games.
  2. Frequently scan for malware: Keyloggers and Trojans are added ways to negotiate with the gaming accounts. Always make sure to use a trusted security suite! Windows Defender is not up to the mark for it!
  3. Securing Home Network: Securing your home network is vital. Everything is connected to your home network from your computer, your phone, your tablet to even some appliances such as TVs. Even though consoles do not have malware, but there can be malware that can reach other devices on your network, that can provide the hacker the sensitive user information. The very first step towards securing the home network is securing your Internet router. Make sure to change the default password on your device. Begin with installing a firewall program, or permit it on your available router. In addition to these protections, make sure that you have a complete Internet security software suite on your computer, laptops, tabs, phones or any other devices connected to your network. This prevents malware from entering or accessing your network.
  4. Don’t Click on Links in Messages: Gaming companies never ask you for your gaming account credentials, and if you are finding any issue related to your account directly go to the game company’s website rather than clicking on the links given the messages.
  5. Get Aware of Phishing Scams: Read about the phishing scams and how can you get rid of them. Be wary of messages and emails from unknown senders. Never download unusual files or click on unfamiliar links.
  6. Avoid Account Trading: Account trading is not a good option at all. It should be avoided as you cannot reverse the transaction if the deal goes bad. Also, the original account owner will have all the account creation details; it is possible that they might even be able to recover the account via the Player Support! So do not get tempted by suspicious offers.

Since gaming consoles themselves are almost safe from malware attacks, but user accounts are still vulnerable. Using your common sense and some tips mentioned above, you can protect not only your personal information, but also the precious time that you have put into developing your character and gameplay accomplishments.

So what you do to save your gaming account from hackers? Tell us in the comments section!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

19 thoughts on “Tips to Avoid Gaming Accounts Hacking

1. gtgogeta says:

useful information.

2. Thanks for spreading the knowledge! Will definitely keep this in mind when I play online!

3. Charlie MS says:

Good tips 🙂

4. captain Ussop says:

The never share your password tip is the culprit when in terms of hacking most of the time. Particularly in MMORPG password ssharing is almost a must for grinding items.

5. Sakura Kinomoto says:

In my case I do not have to be so warry about this for one I do not keep sensetive data on my pc such as bank names etc, I rarely post sensitive info on fb too so its no biggie unless you count them hacking my adult movie collection he he

6. Safwan Awang says:

Thank you for the informative details. There is some of the tips that I always aware off and some are not. Nice tips.

7. badelhas says:

Another great article, as always. Where do you get all this info?

Cheers

Don’t click “Remember me”/”Remember my password” if you could avoid it. This goes not just for gaming but for all online sites.

9. Maury Cheskes says:

These tips remind me how much I hate hackers. It’s crazy that people actually devote time to try and figure out passwords and create phony links. Losers.

10. chokri29 says:

Nice tips since gaming accounts are always hacked, many thanks for sharing!

11. LiliLis says:

Thanks for writing this, it is a very informative article. I didn’t know some of these things, and considering I occasionally play online, I should be more careful. I shall try some of these bits of advice.

12. LiliLis says:

That is the main reason why I don’t play online games, it all seems a bit risky for me. I know I’m missing out on a fantastic experience, but I’d rather keep all my private things private. Thanks for this article.

13. Miaka Yuuki says:

Me as well I could use these tips. But you know what is the best way to avoid hacking play the game as it is I mean do not use vital info for names and access codes.

14. MIco Robin says:

I do not know about MALWARE but since we are on the topic. I use avast with Malwarebytes. What are you guys using?

15. Jamil says:

Useful tips. Thanks.

16. Kyo Kusagi says:

the not clicking the REMEMBER toggle is something I never thought of THANKS. Speaking of passwords try to have a strong password it will not guarantee total privacy but it helps.

17. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

I understand skeptics about online games . Me I play online games as long as it stays only as a game. What I mean is the moment it ask for my vital info I drop it but if it does not does that then its okay its FREE after all.

18. Britney says:

Very useful info especially for newbies. But some long-time gamers get complacent sometimes. Great artcle!

19. Chantal says:

Hackers are getting sophisticated by the day. So articles like this are always welcome. I suggest you come up with an article about common hacks/malwares/scam.