Tips For Surviving As a Student Gamer. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Are you a college student and a video game lover? With college comes the responsibility of working towards your future. But you need not to abandon your frivolous hobbies that you enjoy as a kid. It is quite possible to keep playing video games in college, as long as you do it the right way. Follow these few tips on how to survive college as a student gamer!

Bring (The Right) Consoles: While packing for college one thing that is usually absent from the lists is gaming devices, and it is so obvious because most of the consoles and gaming PCs are designed to be kept in one place, and can be clumsy and heavy to transport. But of course, you can consider taking one console and a handful of games to your college. Many scientific pieces of evidence suggest that gaming help people more readily adjust to high-pressure circumstances and retrieve from high-stress periods.

Handhelds: You can bring the most tricked-out a gaming PC or the most expensive console to college with you, but it would be useless if you are not going to use it regularly due to your tight schedule. Hence, if you know that you won’t have much time for your bigger consoles, consider taking a handheld system with you to college. The handheld systems are accessible, can be easily stored in a safe place and you can turn them on and off at a few seconds’ notice.

Making Friends: It is one of the reasons why it is desirable to bring a potential multiplayer game along with you in the college. The gaming has the power to make friends locally. You might find people who aren’t even gamers or who don’t usually play your preferred genre are willing to give it a try. Several colleges also have clubs specifically for gamers. Even if you search online for gaming clubs around your college, you can find a group of students just like you in your campus.

Budget Your Time & Money: One feasible argument against bringing games to college is that it can become a distraction from work and social life that is assumed to take up the vast majority of a student’s time. And, if you’re a video gaming addict, then these games will certainly have a deleterious effect on your productivity. With the required attention and helpful resources, you can easily fit gaming into even the busiest of schedules.

Let us know in the comments section below how you take out time from your college’s busy schedule and play video games or tweet us @essjay_ent?

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

8 thoughts on “Tips For Surviving As a Student Gamer

1. badelhas says:

Great tips! Cheers

2. MIco Robin says:

Bottom line it goes down to PRIORITY!!! being a gamer is school but school should be numero uno!!!

3. Miaka Yuuki says:

Being a gamer and a student is not a bad thing. All It takes is for someone to manage both time and goal. I guess what I am trying to say is play only during brakes or if you have time to kill. I play games too but come school hours gaming takes a back seat.

4. Safwan Awang says:

I enjoy being a student gamers, the feel of able to release tension and tiredness is haven. This tips sure help, one of it such as budget the time and money when playing games is important because as a student this is a vital thing to be consider.

5. onejanedoe says:

Its been awhile since I last went to university and when I did, I lived in the city where I was going so I didn’t have to pack up anything at all, I just went back to my basement suite when I was done with a class. However, I did find that blowing off some of the frustration of research and writing endless papers which required perfection (or as close to it as I could come) by playing the odd video game or two, was a welcome distraction. I don’t think that it ever occured to me that doing so might interfere with my study time. On the contrary it created a valuable diversion from those times when my mind would start to go into overdrive and everything I read or thought about became hazy with the smoke of burnout. Something that I didn’t have to overthink and could do relatively simply while still achieving the pride of accomplishment (beating a level) was guarenteed to lighten my mood and allow me to tackle my studies with a clearer head. No, I think that as long as you do not allow games to become an obsession, there is no harm at all in continuing to play them when you are in universtity, and they can infact save you from costly nights at the college pub.

What worked for me in college was reserving videogame playing during gaps between my classes (unless I’m cramming for an exam) and reserving night time for studying. I didn’t have any handheld devices or consoles in the dorm but I just rent them out (per hour charge if I remember correctly) so they’re not easily accessible. Don’t know if renting gaming devices is available in other countries though.

7. Sakura Kinomoto says:

I only play games in my downtime when I was at school. It all depends on the person in some cases they use games to keep their mind active though its very rare. Overall games and studies can co exist you can just balance it.

8. captain Ussop says:

Sadly games and studies does not always mesh. In my case I have seen my friend sacrificing lessons not to mention health for the sake of being in games hell he had no qualms spending large money for it let alone not eating cutting classes etc. games are addicting at times too addicting.