Eye Care Tips While Playing Video Games. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Eye Care Tips While Playing Video Games.

In this world of HD computer screens and high-quality X-boxes, we let our eyes take and overcome different challenges. With these new challenges comes new possibilities to get the eyesight damaged, as well as some unexpected and surprising benefits.

Recent studies have shown that playing more and more video games is actually good for you. There are educational, psychological, and physical benefits of playing video games, and playing video games is also good for a variety of visual conditions.

Playing first-person shooter games are believed to enhance your contrast sensitivity, the strength to determine exact changes in shades of color. Adults with lazy eye problems have also received some benefits from playing video games. Even the patients with cataracts have reports of 30% visual improvement after playing video games.

Hence, playing any type of video game is a good thing for your eyes. But the primary key is playing in moderation.

You still require taking care of your eyes while playing video games. Here are some expert tips that may help you:

1. Make sure to sit facing the screen directly. Also, get assured that the screen is not at a particular angle. It stimulates both eyes equally.
  2. It is essential to look away from the screen and shift the focus to objects at a distance after every 15-30 minutes. It will lubricate your eyes.
  3. You should always sit at a reasonable distance from the screen. If you are playing a game on a television screen, then sit at least 6 feet away while playing on a computer, your screen should be ideally 20-26 inches from your eyes.
  4. Install an anti-glare filter or you can use the settings on the screen to reduce the glare to a comfortable level.
  5. You can ask your eye specialist to prescribe you artificial tears that will help you moistening your eyes.
  6. Rub your palms and then press them on your eyes at least 6-7 times a day. The warmth of your palms helps in relaxing the eye muscles.
  7. Try to glance at the green trees, bushes, or plants as greenery soothe eyes.
  8. Do you practice simple eye strengthening exercises regularly? These exercises include focusing on your nose, rolling your eyes, shifting the eye ball from right to left and vice versa. They are easy and can be done anytime.
  9. If you are using contact lenses, it is best to take them off while gaming and use glasses instead.
  10. Always get your eyes checked by an eye specialist and find out whether you need computer glasses or not.

Do you know any other effective tips for protecting your eyes while playing video games? Let us know in the comment section.

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

12 thoughts on “Eye Care Tips While Playing Video Games

1. Corey Bean says:

Great tips!

2. chokri29 says:

i think video games are not healthy for our eyes! specialy for kids with the HD games! Thanks for those tips

3. badelhas says:

Those are great tips. I work with a computer all day and from being always looking to the screen I am starting to loose my eyesight when looking far away and now have to use glasses when I am working.

4. Machwind2012 says:

I could use these tips. Video games aside as a freelance agent I am in the monitor most of the day so thumbs up for this.

5. Victor Van Doom says:

call center agents does not have a choice though because as times go by jobs become digital. With that said these tips are beneficial not only for gamer but for people who has digital jobs.

6. Daifu01 says:

I had no idea that rubbing your palms and then press them on your eyes at least 6-7 times a day would be so important. Who would have thought that The warmth of your palms would help in relaxing the eye muscles.

7. Kyo Kusagi says:

I do not remember the exact news but I have watch on TV that you should make a habit of looking something else other than the monitor every 20 minutes or so. To relieve the strain in your eyes then go back at it. I do not know if it is working but I do that.

8. Kadoya Tsukasa says:

I am going to try that using palms to relax my eyes. For one if It can improve my stress levels let alone make me sleep better then there is no harm in applying it.

9. Saleh says:

Are the claims on this article true? I wish it also presented the negative effects on the eyes of playing video games for hours. That would have justified the list of suggestions. And it would have made this article credible.

10. Martha A. says:

Great tips! Thank you for bringing up this article. Very timely as more and more children are playing video games nowadays. Cheers!

11. faye says:

I think I’m gonna share this post to my video-game addicted friends. Haha, great tips! Though I think it should be pointed out that kids should not be allowed to play too much.

12. Yuen Ling Elaine Au Yeung says:

“Try to glance at the green trees, bushes, or plants as greenery soothe eyes.” I agreed so. What I think that, when you play video games, you might adjust the brightness and color which suit for you. Then your eyes might be more comfortable for a while.