In this world of HD computer screens and high-quality X-boxes, we let our eyes take and overcome different challenges. With these new challenges comes new possibilities to get the eyesight damaged, as well as some unexpected and surprising benefits.
Recent studies have shown that playing more and more video games is actually good for you. There are educational, psychological, and physical benefits of playing video games, and playing video games is also good for a variety of visual conditions.
Playing first-person shooter games are believed to enhance your contrast sensitivity, the strength to determine exact changes in shades of color. Adults with lazy eye problems have also received some benefits from playing video games. Even the patients with cataracts have reports of 30% visual improvement after playing video games.
Hence, playing any type of video game is a good thing for your eyes. But the primary key is playing in moderation.
You still require taking care of your eyes while playing video games. Here are some expert tips that may help you:
- Make sure to sit facing the screen directly. Also, get assured that the screen is not at a particular angle. It stimulates both eyes equally.
- It is essential to look away from the screen and shift the focus to objects at a distance after every 15-30 minutes. It will lubricate your eyes.
- You should always sit at a reasonable distance from the screen. If you are playing a game on a television screen, then sit at least 6 feet away while playing on a computer, your screen should be ideally 20-26 inches from your eyes.
- Install an anti-glare filter or you can use the settings on the screen to reduce the glare to a comfortable level.
- You can ask your eye specialist to prescribe you artificial tears that will help you moistening your eyes.
- Rub your palms and then press them on your eyes at least 6-7 times a day. The warmth of your palms helps in relaxing the eye muscles.
- Try to glance at the green trees, bushes, or plants as greenery soothe eyes.
- Do you practice simple eye strengthening exercises regularly? These exercises include focusing on your nose, rolling your eyes, shifting the eye ball from right to left and vice versa. They are easy and can be done anytime.
- If you are using contact lenses, it is best to take them off while gaming and use glasses instead.
- Always get your eyes checked by an eye specialist and find out whether you need computer glasses or not.
Do you know any other effective tips for protecting your eyes while playing video games? Let us know in the comment section.
DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH/REPOST/REBLOG/QUOTE ANY ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY US.