Saljack Enterprises video games

What makes role playing video games interesting?

What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear about role-playing video games? You probably picture role-playing games as fun loving, but they teach you skills that you can use in the real world. What actually makes these games impressive and engaging?

1. Setting: Many Role-Playing Games start with a great setting. The setting does not include 3d or 2d art used to create the map that the players explore, but the cultures, history, geography, religions, races, technology, traditions, factions, knowledge and legends that motivate the player to get involved in the game. So, if the elements are well executed, they make an excellent playing environment.
  2. Character Building: Once you have a responsive setting, it is natural to engage yourself in it, and the best way to do it is by creating a character that can be used as your vehicle of exploration. The more control you have, the more connected you feel to your character and the easier it is for you to involve yourself in the environment.
  3. Exploration: Once you have your favorite character and proper setting, the first thing you would be excited about is exploring the game world. There are unique game worlds for every video game. From a strictly linear world, where the player proceeds to narrative fragments, or scenes, and isn’t allowed to turn from them to the zoned world maps world, where players gradually unlock the maps after completing their earlier maps. The most influential part of the exploration is how interactive the world is and how dynamic it feels.
  4. Game-play Variety: Role Playing Games usually offer the comprehensive range of game-play options when it comes to video games. Most Role Play Video games give you a variety of interactive and appealing ways to complete mission objectives.
  5. Character Progression: The system that controls character development is called leveling. When players complete its action of whether killing an enemy or completing a stage of a quest, the game awards them with the experience. When the player earns a satisfactory amount of experience, they move a level up. When the player levels-up, he is allowed to make some improvements in their character, either by building attribute scores or by acquiring new skills, spells or perks. The foremost satisfaction of playing a Role Playing Video Game is leveling your character and becoming the best that you can be.
  6. Dramatic Narrative: When you’re playing a Role Playing Video Game, you’re usually playing the main role. It only makes sense if that role has the challenge of epic proportions. Great RPVGs usually have a good story line to go along with them.
  7. Consequences: Almost related to dramatic narrative, the consequence is that element that enables your actions as a player to develop the world that you’re exploring. The best game takes a balanced strategy to the consequence that explains if you do something that closes one door, another door will always be opened. This keeps your game fresh and exciting every time you play.

So have you decided to install one? Tell us your reviews in the comment section.

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS (THIRD PARTY) AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE.

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

13 thoughts on “What makes Role Playing Video Games Interesting?

1. jyeungholy says:

Yes I love World of Warcraft though it lost a lot of initial appeal to me but I have friends who still play so I play too. I agree that vision of game creator is important also they stay motivated to produce quality and not give up on game.

2. fakeinhart says:

Excellent article! Thank you for sharing this.

People seem to have a natural curiosity for stories and unlocking “secrets” and this is what role-playing video games provide. And I guess it is also a vehicle to escape reality? In video games you could be anything you want to be and do anything you want to do– I couldn’t say the same in real life though.

4. glad says:

i love games especially the ones that makes you feel you are part of it, would definitely install one. thanks for sharing

5. switch says:

i love role playing games, makes you really get involved. nice article

6. Danny says:

Two thumbs up for this article! I like role-playing games because it gives me the chance to be someone else even for a short time. And I get to experience something that I can’t IRL.

7. Jackson says:

Totally agree with this article! So many people are into gaming now because of these things listed above.I love the gaming environment because anything is possible!

8. Deejay Dayton says:

Yes, there are a lot of different facets to role playing. It’s become a really interactive form of storytelling, with elements of plot and setting that can be explored, or not, depending on the desires of the person playing.

9. onejanedoe says:

After reading this post, I am reminded of how much I love to create, whether its through writing a story, drawing and or coloring a picture, taking photos and collaging, or crafting in some other art form that I take on from time to time. Role play video games are a way to create for me when I don’t want to do something from scratch and actually just need an creating ‘breather’ in which I can just choose to put together already imagined pieces in a way that pleases me. A role play game that has a character and scenario that appeals to me, must also have enough flexibility for me to be able to shape my charcter creatively, somewhat. I still want to be able to choose some things, even though I want most of the deciding and creating done for me, so as to help me decompress from my own artistic endeavors. If I could compare it to something I would say it would be the role play game equivilent of adult colouring. I still get to create, but the template is there.

10. roisterous says:

Role playing games have always been my favorite types of games. I get to make decisions about my character’s lives that would be impossible in the real world. They may not be impossible, but some would be ridiculously expensive at the very least.

11. Athan says:

What makes them interesting? Such games allow people to do “trial-and-error” experiments. The gradual reward of learning the next part of the story. The unlocking of skills, abilities, and spells that are more magnificent than the previous. Exploration and discovery. And of course, finding out one of several ways the story might end. Good times!

12. Nat says:

I remember to have been labeled a nerd for playing RPGs. It continued so until people finally realized how much they are missing. All points in this post are spot on! I’m gonna be visiting the attic after this. Gotta dust off and set up my old SNES and PS again…